Shaq has left his last three teams in disarray

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Shaq has left his last three teams in disarray

I don't want to assume that our experience will end badly with Shaq.  It has in his last three stops however.

But if you look at how things ended up in Miami, then Phoenix and Cleveland there were problems with Shaq.   His absence for the Celtics has truly disrupted the team and its personnel.  It is probably unfair to blame him but his absence and the mystery of his return has real created problems for the Celtics.  We traded Perkins because of our success with Shaq the first three months.  He has clearly broken down and we are left to wonder was it Danny that made a poor judgement about Shaq's condition or Shaq misleading the Celtics and not thinking about the risks that were taken based on his saying he was coming back for a championship run.

I think Shaq will try to come back but what have we done to our personnel to take a chance like this.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Re: Shaq has left his last three teams in disarray

You raise an interesting point, Concord.  Shaq was supposed to be the deal maker in Miami, Phoenix, and Cleveland, and he only delivered in Miami.
    Truth (as I see it) be told, we're in yr 4 of what was supposed to be a 3 yr plan, so if the wheels come off the cart this year, you can't pin it all on Diesel.
    With everything that's been going on, there will be a lot of other targets to fire barbs at.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I just don't get it.  It seem obvious to me the current Celtics situation is mostly because of Shaq not being available and still not being available.  Everything that was done to this team at the deadline was predicated on Shaq making Perkins expendable. Where is the outrage that DA could make such a incorrect assumption about Shaq and sink our chances for this year.

Of course there is a chance Shaq will come back, but it is a low probability that it can be made right.  If it does I will celebrate like all of you.  But what possessed Ainge to take such a chance when Shaq who has been less than reliable since 2005 with three other teams is involved.  It is crazy. Why would Doc go along with it? It makes no sense.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Let us not foget that JON was singned before Shaq, and we all had our hopes pinned on him first!  Shaq is only making Vet min, while Jermaine is taking up the whole MLE!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Shaq has left his last three teams in disarray:
    I just don't get it.  It seem obvious to me the current Celtics situation is mostly because of Shaq not being available and still not being available.  Everything that was done to this team at the deadline was predicated on Shaq making Perkins expendable. Where is the outrage that DA could make such a incorrect assumption about Shaq and sink our chances for this year. Of course there is a chance Shaq will come back, but it is a low probability that it can be made right.  If it does I will celebrate like all of you.  But what possessed Ainge to take such a chance when Shaq who has been less than reliable since 2005 with three other teams is involved.  It is crazy. Why would Doc go along with it? It makes no sense.
    Posted by concord27

Shaq is good, but Shaq is not THAT good at this stage of his career.  He had a bunch of good games but we won even when he didn't have a lot of points.  He doesn't play good D (just fouls a lot0 so its not his D.  likewise, he was only an "ok" rebounder this year.  So, no, Shaq is not the key.  He's a part of the issue, but Rondo's playing Defense on guards and Paul's not having a good offense lately are bigger issues, IMO.

I want him back and he will help the starters for sure, but his return doesn't fix a lot of things.  We have to fix some basics with Rondo and Paul.  Ray has to find some energy/get some rest.  Doc has to work Green in more.  BBD has to find a way to contribute without depending on his outside shot so much.  I can go on, but you get the point.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I really cant see turning this on Shaq at all.

Its not up to Shaq to tell DA if he'll be ready and his injury will heal in a certain amount of time... DA doesnt rely on what Shaq tells him, hes relying upon what the doctors are telling him... what the chances of his return healthy etc..

Also, how can anyone point a finger at Shaq as a probelm for the teams he played with.

Was he a problem being the dominant player of the Laker team that 3 peated? Ill take those problems.

Was he a problem he ONLY won one title as DWades sidekickin Miami? How many teams will take that right now?  Exactly, plenty.

His stay with the Suns I cant speak to.

With the Cavs, it surely wasnt Shaq being a problem..he rarely saw the ball and when he did, he was effective against us. The all world ball hog was the issue in Cleve, not Shaq..

In Boston, from what I can tell, hes been great on & off the court. Hes injured and it was even anticipated this could happen..

Shaq has a great resume.. cant see taking shots at it

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"It is probably unfair to blame him but his absence and the mystery of his return has real created problems for the Celtics."

It's absolutely unfair to blame him. His absence is injury related and hardly surprising given his age. As you correctly state, it is Ainge's fault by trading Perkins for putting the weight of expectations on Shaq. 

Shaq is not well known for his graceful exits but he's too old now to be a huge disruption and by all accounts he has fit in very well here chemistry wise.

:"Where is the outrage that DA could make such a incorrect assumption about Shaq and sink our chances for this year" 

Well, first of all, some people have expressed that outrage, including Bill Simmons, who you hammered for doing so on another thread. Second of all, I'm going to hold off on being outraged until we actually lose something if that's ok with you? I can't see the point in getting panties or pants in a bunch when in fact the season is far from over. If we lose because of the Perk trade and Shaq's inability to play, yes, I'll be pissed, but not until that point. 

If we end up doing really well your tantrum is going to seem kind of irrelevant, no? 

At any rate you might want to work on a more coherent argument than blaming Shaq only to blame Ainge and then mocking Simmons for saying the exact same thing as you.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

He won Miami a championship with him.... they haven't won one since.

He went to an uptempo run n' gun team with Phoenix.... terrible fit.  Pretty much an oxymoron. 

Cleveland lacked organization and talent... Look at them now....

Boston's record was better with Shaq than it was with perk... I missed your point looking at my thought process on paper. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayallen1. Show rayallen1's posts

Shaq is 39 years old. Complaining about him is like complaining about how slow Windows 98 is vs. Windows 7

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Shaq last year dominated Perk in the post.

Shaq had a quietly good postseason last year. He should have been put back in against us in the fourth and complained about it afterwards.

He will be fine. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Troll spanker,
    I am blaming each for different reasons.  One Shaq has been less than forthcoming about his return and has possibly not been straightforward about his condition.  Shaq got the team to bank everything on his return so excuse me for feeling he was a part of it. I speculate and feel there is good chance Shaq has some blame in this.
    Ainge obviously is the person responsible in the end. He did not think through the likelihood that Shaq or JON would be delayed but when banking your season on something like this you would expect the chance not to be taken if the injury picture was so unclear. Shaq has been out since Feb. 1 and Doc said then he could have played then if it was the playoffs. Well they got it wrong big time. Ainge and Doc screwed up royally. How could Doc ever sign off  on this trade with these risks.

Lastly all I said about Simmons was I felt his credentials as a Celtic fan were questionable now that he has anointed the Lakers as of last week.  It seemed a foolish thing to do for Celtic fan at that point.  He is an LA guy now rooting for the Clippers in some capacity and his career is going well enough that he does not want to alienate LA fans and readers.

I live in LA myself so he is not the first to behave this way.  Your irritation over my comments also made little sense please read carefully I have been like a broken record saying the same thing over and over again about the Shaq thing.

Of course I hoped the trade worked out and in the first week or two it seemed to, but the mystery of Shaq's return has changed my opinion of the wisdom of the moves made now.  Shaq is still not available and we changed half the team to accommodate such a strategy.  I hope we get back on track that is my wish.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Shack has little or nothing to do with the big three not bringing their game to lesser teams, as the big three go so goes the Celtics, Rondo and the others are only roll players who could eaisly be repalced, the big three are the reason we have a team that can contend for a championship, they will try to bring their A games when the playoffs start and when we play top rated teams, but don't look for them to take advantage of the weaker teams and secure us home court advantage, it is not going to happen.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Yes, Shaq did less to disturb the Cav's then the Suns and Heat.  Remember there was also a lot of controversy with the Lakers and Kobe.  Shaq has put our team in disarray and there is no other thing that has effected the swoon like his continuing absence let alone the trade that was made assuming he was going to play.

Sections
Shortcuts