Shaq in walking boot...not good!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Shaq in walking boot...not good!

Ok I'm starting to get a bad feeling about Shaq's return. I'm wondering did he tear his achilles and the C's aren't telling anyone. If we don't get Shaq back we'll be done in the ECFs.

I'm holding out hope but this is starting to look like KG of 2009.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

Re: Shaq in walking boot...not good!

Hey Danny Ainge: Betcha wish you still had Perk now, don't ya?

This will turn out to be one of the dumbest trades ever. It'll probably lead to Ainge's firing, and rightfully so.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Shaq in walking boot...not good!:
    Ok I'm starting to get a bad feeling about Shaq's return. I'm wondering did he tear his achilles and the C's aren't telling anyone. If we don't get Shaq back we'll be done in the ECFs. I'm holding out hope but this is starting to look like KG of 2009.
    Posted by BiasLewis

According to Danny, J O will play a week from tonight and they are not rushing Shaq but he is very confident that both of them will be ready to make a significant impact in the playoffs.

No Shaq - no title, keep Perk - get nothing for him in the offseason - simple business decision..... make tons of money and not win or maybe win with an injured one-dimensional player and then lose him for nothing anyway......  try to win it all this year with an injured player who will be gone next year or try to stay relevant going forward and therefore make more money in the long run.....  will Danny become Joe Dumars or just walk away leaving us with the Cavs?  My guess is he will leave us with the Cavs, Pistons, etc. - no talent and no future.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

They always needed Shaq or Jermaine even ,if they didn't trade Perkins. They made it to the finals last year,because they had Sheed.

They always needed another big besides Perkins,so if Shaq or Jermaine isn't effective. They don't win it all Perk or no Perk. 

They were bad last year,because their backup big (Sheed mailed in the regular season) They got good,because he came to play in the playoffs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

jo should be bak next friday. i think shaq will debut at the same time as krstic becomes the new troy murphy, and playing no more than 10 minutes per game at this rate!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

If Shaq can't play what kind of info. was DA operating under.  How could you make a trade when you were not sure of Perk's replacement health?  How could he do this with the team's  championship hopes in the balance.

My sense is DA actually thought the Celtics could win without Shaq returning.

Things have gotten a  lot more grim with this news.  Some straight answers from the Celtics would be nice. Not that we are going to get them.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Is it true the Big Donut has piled on more weight while warming the bench? Oh well, it's not like at 120yrs old and 650pounds he was going to be a factor lol.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I still support the trade because if we had Perk and didn't have a backup for PP for the last month we would've lost more games than we've lost. Perk wasn't putting up the the combined numbers that Krstic and Green have put up.

The problem wasn't trading Perk, the problem is the ONeal's need to come back...well at least Shaq does.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I posted earlier the Shaq injury was starting to smell like KG 2 yrs ago... always setting a date for the return and always postponing it.

Its like they want to keep giving you hope of a new return date, then push it back further.. Thats why I never trust the Celtics trainers/doctors/management... you cant count on them to either know what theyre doing or giving the correct story.

I thoguht Shaq was coming back this Friday??
    Wearing a boot donest necessarily mean hes not...its prob good to his achilles so theres no reason to not use it

I hate this krap

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Just read the article...

Its almost a month and if his achilles is still flaring up, Id say its likely its not going to heal this season... Kinda like this entire month of healing & rehab was for nothing..

I dont think we're gonna she Shaq again.... if so, just temporarily... hope im wrong

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Here's another rumor. 
    Shaq coming back April 1.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/Shaq-returning-April-1-?urn=nba-337005

And if you're gonna start a thread saying he's still in the walking boot, post a link too.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Re: Shaq in walking boot...not good!:
    Here's another rumor.  Shaq coming back April 1. http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/Shaq-returning-April-1-?urn=nba-337005 And if you're gonna start a thread saying he's still in the walking boot, post a link too.
    Posted by breaktime

Somebody did post the link, here it is

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4682105/sources-shaq-got-shot-back-in-boot

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In Response to Re: Shaq in walking boot...not good! : Somebody did post the link, here it is http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4682105/sources-shaq-got-shot-back-in-boot
    Posted by Karllost

thanks
    my bad

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I had an Achilles problem that took a long time to heal. It took about six months to a year. I don't question the Perkins trade. I question the Erden trade. Erden played very well with the starting unit.
    Posted by Kirk6

100% agree.  For Perk, we got Green, Krstic, and a pick.  Good decision for the most part - we can see that Green is a good backup for Paul and KG, and who knows what we get with the pick.  Otherwise, we get Krstic for Nate.  That's also a good deal. 

But, Erden - we got a second round pick.   Doesn't make sense to get rid of your backup with perk is being traded + Shaq is out and who knows how JON will play when he returns.

I bet the boot is something they are now trying to make sure he heals.  They've tried time and it didn't work well enough.  I'm guessing, but from all I read, he could play if it was the playoffs.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigJoedaddyBoston. Show BigJoedaddyBoston's posts

I didn't like the trade initially and then had some friends talk me into the advantages of it.   But you got to think that there is some correlation between chemistry and Rondo's shitty play.   I think Rondo is upset we traded perk and part of me can understand that.

CHemistry = Confidence  The celtics look soft now.   They need Perk and Shaq!  I was excited when we had SHaq , JO and Perk because if they are healthy those bigs can stop the Lakers bigs.   But now....there is a lack of toughness.   We should have got Leon Powe instead of Troy Murphy.  Murphy sucks!

No SHaq no ECF victory.   I like green and kristic on paper but I miss Perk.   Our Chemistry, which was one of our greatest assets, now SUCKS!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

nate-robinson-pranks-shaq

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

This scares me. Cortisone is a powerful anti-inflamitory. It also is thought to weaken tendons and there are many reports of it causing the achilles tendon to rupture. 

The fact that the Celtics are chancing this tells me they are getting a bit desperate.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

This scares me. Cortisone is a powerful anti-inflamitory. It also is thought to weaken tendons and there are many reports of it causing the achilles tendon to rupture.  The fact that the Celtics are chancing this tells me they are getting a bit desperate. http://orthopedics.about.com/od/footankle/f/cortisone.htm
    Posted by jtkl

That's a good point.
    If it's the first shot he got to the achilles, it might make things better.  Usually, you run into problems when you give multiple shots to the same area.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: Shaq in walking boot...not good! : That's a good point. If it's the first shot he got to the achilles, it might make things better.  Usually, you run into problems when you give multiple shots to the same area.
    Posted by breaktime

Your point is good too. I read a few accounts of people who had just one injection saying like they felt like their foot was as good as new in a week or two. So, fingers crossed. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

As long as that boot is made for walking, and that's just what it will do, one of these days that boot is gonna walk all over Bynum's knee!
    Posted by Fiercest34

You've already got lucky in a Finals series with Bynum out, it won't happen again. Besides, Drew would slap the Big Donut around for all his arthritic legs are worth.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Agreed, Murphy is awful (what was the big fuss about obtaining that dude?) and we should have signed Powe instead who wanted to be come here.  Last night Powe made us pay. Likewise never understood letting Erden go when you're short of healthy bigs. They say there's behind the scenes issues there, that's the only things that could explain it. What is the upside of not being upfront with Shaq's condition?  I don't get those ploys. When Kristic arrived he seemed good, now he plays less and shoots less.  What's up there?
    Posted by soxnewmex

Agree with you about Powe.  He is playing better than Murphy has.  Erden would be a great help to this team.  The Celtics are never very forthcoming about injuries.  Remember when KG was out and they kept saying that he would return and then never did.  Just hope that the same thing doesn't happen this year regarding Shaq. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

In Response to Shaq in walking boot...not good!:
    Ok I'm starting to get a bad feeling about Shaq's return. I'm wondering did he tear his achilles and the C's aren't telling anyone. If we don't get Shaq back we'll be done in the ECFs. I'm holding out hope but this is starting to look like KG of 2009.
    Posted by BiasLewis

I posted a couple of weeks ago that the injury was worse than we were hearing, and that the C's didn't want a repeat of the KG injury fallout a couple years ago.  

They need to level with the fans soon, because when the playoffs begin and there's no Shaq, the secret's going to be out.  They've done all the damage control they can do at this point. 

Sections
Shortcuts