Shaq is now a mirage

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Shaq is now a mirage

The latest on Shaq is there is no Shaq.  He said last week he would be back this week.  I hear nothing from him this week.  I think depending on Shaq as a viable starter or contributor is less likely day by day.  He is not going to be in shape and many of the players of changed.

I think waiting, seeing our record get worse and still not knowing what is going on with Shaq is beyond strange.  This team is struggling with Rondo and it needs a catalyst.  Shaq is needed, come on Shaq! Get back in there you are hurting this team with you endless absence.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

Re: Shaq is now a mirage

If the playoffs started today, Shaq would be out there. I think Doc is wise to hold him out as long as he can, but Shaq will need some games to tune up. The good thing here is that Shaq is a vet and won't need much prep to get ready, so long as he is in good shape.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I hope you are right. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Shaq is now a mirage:
    [QUOTE]The latest on Shaq is there is no Shaq.  He said last week he would be back this week.  I hear nothing from him this week.  I think depending on Shaq as a viable starter or contributor is less likely day by day.  He is not going to be in shape and many of the players of changed. I think waiting, seeing our record get worse and still not knowing what is going on with Shaq is beyond strange.  This team is struggling with Rondo and it needs a catalyst.  Shaq is needed, come on Shaq! Get back in there you are hurting this team with you endless absence.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Maybe if Shaq is a mirage and the team then realizes they have no chance then that explains Rondo's problems.... he has been working on his golf swing and developed a slice and can't figure it out......

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Shaq apparently said he was coming back very soon.  He was at the shootaround today.  Don't hold your breath on when very soon means.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: Shaq is now a mirage:
    [QUOTE]If the playoffs started today, Shaq would be out there. I think Doc is wise to hold him out as long as he can, but Shaq will need some games to tune up. The good thing here is that Shaq is a vet and won't need much prep to get ready, so long as he is in good shape.
    Posted by cshashaty[/QUOTE]

aka our first round opponent.

i like the move to save shak.  he proved he could play early on and then it becomes a preservation game.  at nearly 40 and his considerable mass, the body won't hold up to a regular season of regular wear and tear.  it just won't.

if you want to worry about this team, worry elsewhere.  shak will be there when the 83rd game starts.  very possibly a few games before that as well.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

ditto on the "Shaq Preservation Movement"
    We all know that once he starts playing, it's only a matter of time before something goes out on him again.
    Better the next nagging injury comes in the playoffs when he can keep going with it and hopefully make it to the finish line, then in the regular season, when it would just hobble him for the playoffs.
    Not good for the other starters, but we do need a genuine big against the Magic and the lakers

Sections
Shortcuts