Shaq looks JACKED

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtsfan4ever. Show celtsfan4ever's posts

Re: Shaq looks JACKED

Thats what im saying man he was much bigger when he started with the cavs last year

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Shaq looks JACKED:
    Well, he's always been jacked in the arms... but he looks a bit more svelte and in shape around the middle less man bob Way to go big fella!
    Posted by rameakap

-

Great observation!

Jacked in more ways than one.

Kobe's comment got him all jacked up in a different way.

I can't wait.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

It looks like the Celtics invited an additional 5 guys to the party Lasme from U-Mass as well as Gaffney,Smith the Guard from Southern Indiana,Charles Johnson from LSU and Mario West from Georgia Tech. I don't see any of these guys making the team but if an injury happens you never know!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I saw him on camera.  It was hard to tell if he was in shape, but he's clearly a monster.  But if he wants his legacy to be that he has as many or more  championships than Kobe, then I like that we have a motivated Shaq.     

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Hmmmmmm, someone checking mans boobs & physique huh?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

Shaq needs to be mean this year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

In Response to Re: Shaq looks JACKED:
    In Response to Re: Shaq looks JACKED : Yes I want our center to play a 325 and not 365 You got a problem w/ that?
    Posted by rameakap

Nope, no problem sir!
    ...how about 290?
    ....and maybe he can dance & do pick & roll

beside his boobs, how do you know his weight too?
    something fishy....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

In Response to Re: Shaq looks JACKED : guess you didn't watch his intro press conf And shaq hasn't been 290 since 1998
    Posted by rameakap

I noticed that Shaq lost weight just by watching him on Shaq vs. this summer. I didn't realize he was down to 290 lbs. That's motivation and good news for the C's and bad news for the rest of the NBA teams. Way to go Shaq.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Johnny33. Show Johnny33's posts

Sweet news.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

In Response to Re: Shaq looks JACKED :    I noticed that Shaq lost weight just by watching him on Shaq vs. this summer. I didn't realize he was down to 290 lbs. That's motivation and good news for the C's and bad news for the rest of the NBA teams. Way to go Shaq.
    Posted by mem17

Shaq is NOT 290 lbs. Spin doctors work at it's best.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

fresh, cool, insightful reading for shaq/kg/Cs fans....

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AnPcxTcQxFET_xbAFqUjJ3q8vLYF?slug=aw-celticsheat093010

wojnarowski has become a star.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GREEN-KILLER1000. Show GREEN-KILLER1000's posts

These were the exact same stories I was hearing during the same time last season about Sheed and KG being healthy and would play with out pain for the first time in many years. This time around BS is that KG is 100% (again) and that the Celtics sign the 25 years old Shaq. Can I believe Celtics fans this time around??????????
    Gubess not.
    BACK TO BACK WITH OUT SHAQ!!!!!!!!
    SWEET THREE PEAT LOADING...
    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DYNASTY!!!!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from walton. Show walton's posts

In Response to Shaq looks JACKED:
    Well, he's always been jacked in the arms... but he looks a bit more svelte and in shape around the middle less man breast
     Way to go big fella!
    Posted by rameakap

Raining on the parade. Shaq is old. He can't move anymore and he can't sustain the intensity needed to be a factor {for minites} against good competition in highly competitive games. This is true whether he is in better "shape" or not. Both Phoenix and Cleveland were better teams when he........... left {Phoenix} or was hurt {Cleveland.} Varejo not being healthy was the big disappointment for Cleveland last year. It is amazing how everyone tries to resurrect guys like Shaq who have a "bigger than life" image. He's not very good anymore. You'll see when he's playing an up and down game against good competition.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerseycfan. Show jerseycfan's posts

In Response to Shaq looks JACKED :              Raining on the parade. Shaq is old. He can't move anymore and he can't sustain the intensity needed to be a factor {for minites} against good competition in highly competitive games. This is true whether he is in better "shape" or not. Both Phoenix and Cleveland were better teams when he........... left {Phoenix} or was hurt {Cleveland.} Varejo not being healthy was the big disappointment for Cleveland last year. It is amazing how everyone tries to resurrect guys like Shaq who have a "bigger than life" image. He's not very good anymore. You'll see when he's playing an up and down game against good competition.
    Posted by walton

Hey Uncle Wally

We cant use a player that averaged 12 rpg???????  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In Response to Re: Shaq looks JACKED : cool so umm do you think Shaq looks jacked??:-)
    Posted by rameakap
    Sure he looks like he is in good shape. If you want to see jacked atheletes either watch the NFL or WWE,those atheletes are jacked.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

In Response to Re: Shaq looks JACKED :           He can't move dimwit. Stats are simply that. Stats. He is the worst pick and roll defender in the history of basketball. He can't move in the middle defensively to stop penetration and if he does "commit" then he can't "recover" because he doesn't have the quickness to "recover." He'll get beaten down the court by the opposing center for offensive put backs if he has to play for more than five minites. He stinks now. Ask Cleveland.
    Posted by walton

Dimwit?  Nice language!  I didn't know you were the resident expert on basketball.  Thank you for gracing us with your presence.  "In the history of basketball?"  Really?  Prone to hyperbole are we?  He can move fine in the middle to stop penetration, ask Rondo.  He'll be BETTER this year (insert insult here) because we are a jump-shooting team, and we don't have MeBron clogging up the middle.  Were you to ask Cleveland, they would say he did fine in the first quarter, but then when MeBron took over, he was basically useless.  Ray, Pierce and KG will benefit (insert insult here) from his low post play.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

I'll have to say that Shaq is at least 40# lighter than at the end of last season. Just look at the videos now and compare. As far as being "jacked"..not my expertise and haven't seen him shirtless but hopefully not..just in shape. He is extremely strong as is.

Shaq is chillin and loving the camaraderie with the boys. Boston's sorta that way..homie and relaxed in spite of the New England rep. It's a laid back fun atmosphere it seems for the Celtics and with the talent here confidence just multiplies.

Should be quite a year!

Naysayers beware!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Shaq looks JACKED :              Raining on the parade. Shaq is old. He can't move anymore and he can't sustain the intensity needed to be a factor {for minites} against good competition in highly competitive games. This is true whether he is in better "shape" or not. Both Phoenix and Cleveland were better teams when he........... left {Phoenix} or was hurt {Cleveland.} Varejo not being healthy was the big disappointment for Cleveland last year. It is amazing how everyone tries to resurrect guys like Shaq who have a "bigger than life" image. He's not very good anymore. You'll see when he's playing an up and down game against good competition.
    Posted by walton

Sort of like when the C's brought in Bill Walton, right?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I'm tired of hearing every year how everybody's lost weight etc.  If this was true, PP should be down to about 125 by now.

I didnt' believe shaq had anything left when he went to cleveland last year.  I see no reason to do a 180 this year.  He  can do some things offensively, but that's counter balanced by his defensive weaknesses.

I will say that he's a better FIT with this team than with the Cavs.

The only advantage I see is that Shaq's "star power" may convince the NBA to try to let him have one last ring.  Maybe set up a big showdown with kobe, and allow celtics fans to try to forget the officiating from last year.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Micksoxx. Show Micksoxx's posts

Just jacked?  Or pumped and jacked?

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Shaq looks JACKED :              He can't move anymore and he can't sustain the intensity needed to be a factor {for minites} against good competition in highly competitive games. This is true whether he is in better "shape" or not. Both Phoenix and Cleveland
    Posted by walton

i'd say to forget about cleveland and pheonix.  totally different gigs and roles for shaq.  what shaq is to this team is a 1st and 3rd quarter minute eater at the 5.  he shouldn't play much more than 20 minutes, and he won't finish out games with that horrible FT stroke and lack of quickness.  in THAT ROLE (1, 3 quarter minute eater), he can perform what we need against most any sort of team. 

there may be a few nights where you wouldn't want him in there as much for a certain matchup reason, but even at 38 and old, not light as a feather, shaq is still better than perkins around the basket (hands), has NO WORSE footwork than perkins, and just about no worse free throw shooting.

In Pheoneix and Cleveland, Shaq was demanding and being put into a different role.  Now he's not- realizes he's past that point.  And the failure in Cleveland is just as much on Lebron as it is Shaq.  D-Wade and Kobe benefitted from Shaq doing what he does but somehow Lebron shrivelled up and died when Shaq was on the floor with him

That makes NO SENSE, but then again it does make sense when you look at all of the other self-manufactured crap that Lebron came up with and implemented last year during his "shut 'er down" phase of the playoffs when he quit on his team.  I would submit to you that Lebron did that to some degree ANY TIME Shaq was on the floor last year for reasons that only Lebron may know.  It wouldn't be the first time that Bronnie laid an egg becuase of things (selfish thoughts about himself) zooming around in his head.  :-)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

and further more.............

lebron played like a fool a lot last year.  totally ego driven.  his presented-as-charitable "feel it out" or "trusting his teamates" style as disgustingly, explicitly, and repeatedly outlined by rughead fratello in those playoff games against us that lebron THREW- I mean really- how stupid for lebron to completely change his game style from prominent to passive to "feel out" a game.  that only means that later on he is going to become a 225% ball hog to make up for it. 

I can't remember Larry Bird ever "feeling" anything out- the only time he did it was in 1992 and as it turned out later he was in so much pain that he couldn't take the shots with any better reasonable chance of them going in- the team, albeit confused by his passivity, was better off taking the shots, doing the playmaking and not bird.

Compare that to Lebron's totally self centered style of play in the playoffs of "feeling it out" and passively "trusting his teamates" (read: going totally passive) with no physical impediment whatsoever, essentially quitting on his team and showing them up saying "here, let's see what you can do" when that was NOT supposed to be their role.    Then he would (or in some cases not) come back to life after a period that he deemed adquate had passed and they probably missed his contributions and valued him a little more highly, or however a complete nutjob thinks. 

It was the most backward display of team anti-chemistry I have ever seen in my life.  The bonehead had ALL YEAR LONG to develop rapport and confidence in the teamates so that Lebwrong and everyone else could play at the same speed all the time and do they best that they could.  The best that CLE could do any time last year was NOT when Bronny decided to be passive and "let the game come to him".  hogwash.  did jordan ever do that?  ANY other "legend" or great?  NOpe.

Conversely, ALL I SAW LAST YEAR FROM SHAK was the same consistent workmanlike effort and no mind games or letting up on the gas pedal, pushing back down on it "when it felt good" bull crappe that lebrone was doing.  You are right, that team should have done a lot better with shak and it was not because of shak at all.  Look at the sycophantic, narcissistic ring leader of that team and that's all you have to know.  shak will do just fine eating minutes for us in his role.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsalas67m. Show rsalas67m's posts

Shaq is significantly benefitted by ebing on a veteran team with a "no-nonsense" coach. He does look in better shape and if can avoid injury and accept being a 2nd banana, the Celtics should be stronger.

It's just too early in the season and there are too many intangibles to predict how it all plays out. There is no doubt that the Celtics, a least on paper, should be in the thick of things at the end.

Now pray that Doc doesn't over-play his vets to the brink of exhaustion before the playoffs while he lets his bench rot on the pine.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from larrykevinchief. Show larrykevinchief's posts

Shaq is significantly benefitted by ebing on a veteran team with a "no-nonsense" coach. He does look in better shape and if can avoid injury and accept being a 2nd banana, the Celtics should be stronger. It's just too early in the season and there are too many intangibles to predict how it all plays out. There is no doubt that the Celtics, a least on paper, should be in the thick of things at the end. Now pray that Doc doesn't over-play his vets to the brink of exhaustion before the playoffs while he lets his bench rot on the pine.
    Posted by rsalas67m

Once again, confusing Doc and Phil, rsalas67 wrongfully assumes we are all idiots and don't know that phil jackson plays his starters more than anyone in the league.  Can't see a change in that this year, unless Theo Rat-stiff gets a lot of mins.  Sure, Fisher, who was insulted with his contract offer will see less time now that Blake is here.  I'm sure he'll be very happy about that.
    Sasha wants mins.............but Bryant will once again play as much as he wants to (the reason phil is such a great coach, he lets MJ and koME dictate how much they will play), and they have Shannon Brown.  I'm sure Sasha will be very happy about that.
    Matt Barnes, who has started every year he's been in the league, will help spell Ron Artest, until Bynum gets back, then Odom takes that role.....or Walton.  Yes, I'm sure Mr. 8 teams in 8 years will be very happy with limited mins at the end of phils bench.
    Fisher/Blake
    koME
    Artest/Barnes
    Odom
    Gasol

That's it!  When Bynum comes back, phil will go back to another 7 man rotation with Bynum switching with Barnes.

7 deep - but Doc plays his vets more........nice job!!  Love lakers fans!

Sections
Shortcuts