In Response to Re: Shaq looks JACKED:
    Just jacked?  Or pumped and jacked?
    Posted by Micksoxx

both!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: Shaq looks JACKED

In Response to Shaq looks JACKED :              He can't move anymore and he can't sustain the intensity needed to be a factor {for minites} against good competition in highly competitive games. This is true whether he is in better "shape" or not. Both Phoenix and Cleveland
    Posted by walton

i'd say to forget about cleveland and pheonix.  totally different gigs and roles for shaq.  what shaq is to this team is a 1st and 3rd quarter minute eater at the 5.  he shouldn't play much more than 20 minutes, and he won't finish out games with that horrible FT stroke and lack of quickness.  in THAT ROLE (1, 3 quarter minute eater), he can perform what we need against most any sort of team. 

there may be a few nights where you wouldn't want him in there as much for a certain matchup reason, but even at 38 and old, not light as a feather, shaq is still better than perkins around the basket (hands), has NO WORSE footwork than perkins, and just about no worse free throw shooting.

In Pheoneix and Cleveland, Shaq was demanding and being put into a different role.  Now he's not- realizes he's past that point.  And the failure in Cleveland is just as much on Lebron as it is Shaq.  D-Wade and Kobe benefitted from Shaq doing what he does but somehow Lebron shrivelled up and died when Shaq was on the floor with him

That makes NO SENSE, but then again it does make sense when you look at all of the other self-manufactured crap that Lebron came up with and implemented last year during his "shut 'er down" phase of the playoffs when he quit on his team.  I would submit to you that Lebron did that to some degree ANY TIME Shaq was on the floor last year for reasons that only Lebron may know.  It wouldn't be the first time that Bronnie laid an egg becuase of things (selfish thoughts about himself) zooming around in his head.  :-)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

and further more.............

lebron played like a fool a lot last year.  totally ego driven.  his presented-as-charitable "feel it out" or "trusting his teamates" style as disgustingly, explicitly, and repeatedly outlined by rughead fratello in those playoff games against us that lebron THREW- I mean really- how stupid for lebron to completely change his game style from prominent to passive to "feel out" a game.  that only means that later on he is going to become a 225% ball hog to make up for it. 

I can't remember Larry Bird ever "feeling" anything out- the only time he did it was in 1992 and as it turned out later he was in so much pain that he couldn't take the shots with any better reasonable chance of them going in- the team, albeit confused by his passivity, was better off taking the shots, doing the playmaking and not bird.

Compare that to Lebron's totally self centered style of play in the playoffs of "feeling it out" and passively "trusting his teamates" (read: going totally passive) with no physical impediment whatsoever, essentially quitting on his team and showing them up saying "here, let's see what you can do" when that was NOT supposed to be their role.    Then he would (or in some cases not) come back to life after a period that he deemed adquate had passed and they probably missed his contributions and valued him a little more highly, or however a complete nutjob thinks. 

It was the most backward display of team anti-chemistry I have ever seen in my life.  The bonehead had ALL YEAR LONG to develop rapport and confidence in the teamates so that Lebwrong and everyone else could play at the same speed all the time and do they best that they could.  The best that CLE could do any time last year was NOT when Bronny decided to be passive and "let the game come to him".  hogwash.  did jordan ever do that?  ANY other "legend" or great?  NOpe.

Conversely, ALL I SAW LAST YEAR FROM SHAK was the same consistent workmanlike effort and no mind games or letting up on the gas pedal, pushing back down on it "when it felt good" bull crappe that lebrone was doing.  You are right, that team should have done a lot better with shak and it was not because of shak at all.  Look at the sycophantic, narcissistic ring leader of that team and that's all you have to know.  shak will do just fine eating minutes for us in his role.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Great posts Acie

If LeBron is the greatest player in the game he'd have found a way to make it work and beat the Celts last year and he did not

Too bad Shaq did not join them at the deadline in '09 and been able to help them beat Howard and then LA in the finals before coming here...

Did you see his oop tonight? Nasty!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsalas67m. Show rsalas67m's posts

Shaq is significantly benefitted by ebing on a veteran team with a "no-nonsense" coach. He does look in better shape and if can avoid injury and accept being a 2nd banana, the Celtics should be stronger.

It's just too early in the season and there are too many intangibles to predict how it all plays out. There is no doubt that the Celtics, a least on paper, should be in the thick of things at the end.

Now pray that Doc doesn't over-play his vets to the brink of exhaustion before the playoffs while he lets his bench rot on the pine.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from larrykevinchief. Show larrykevinchief's posts

Shaq is significantly benefitted by ebing on a veteran team with a "no-nonsense" coach. He does look in better shape and if can avoid injury and accept being a 2nd banana, the Celtics should be stronger. It's just too early in the season and there are too many intangibles to predict how it all plays out. There is no doubt that the Celtics, a least on paper, should be in the thick of things at the end. Now pray that Doc doesn't over-play his vets to the brink of exhaustion before the playoffs while he lets his bench rot on the pine.
    Posted by rsalas67m

Once again, confusing Doc and Phil, rsalas67 wrongfully assumes we are all idiots and don't know that phil jackson plays his starters more than anyone in the league.  Can't see a change in that this year, unless Theo Rat-stiff gets a lot of mins.  Sure, Fisher, who was insulted with his contract offer will see less time now that Blake is here.  I'm sure he'll be very happy about that.
    Sasha wants mins.............but Bryant will once again play as much as he wants to (the reason phil is such a great coach, he lets MJ and koME dictate how much they will play), and they have Shannon Brown.  I'm sure Sasha will be very happy about that.
    Matt Barnes, who has started every year he's been in the league, will help spell Ron Artest, until Bynum gets back, then Odom takes that role.....or Walton.  Yes, I'm sure Mr. 8 teams in 8 years will be very happy with limited mins at the end of phils bench.
    Fisher/Blake
    koME
    Artest/Barnes
    Odom
    Gasol

That's it!  When Bynum comes back, phil will go back to another 7 man rotation with Bynum switching with Barnes.

7 deep - but Doc plays his vets more........nice job!!  Love lakers fans!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MontyHalll. Show MontyHalll's posts

In Response to Re: Shaq looks JACKED : Once again, confusing Doc and Phil, rsalas67 wrongfully assumes we are all idiots and don't know that phil jackson plays his starters more than anyone in the league.  Can't see a change in that this year, unless Theo Rat-stiff gets a lot of mins.  Sure, Fisher, who was insulted with his contract offer will see less time now that Blake is here.  I'm sure he'll be very happy about that. Sasha wants mins.............but Bryant will once again play as much as he wants to (the reason phil is such a great coach, he lets MJ and koME dictate how much they will play), and they have Shannon Brown.  I'm sure Sasha will be very happy about that. Matt Barnes, who has started every year he's been in the league, will help spell Ron Artest, until Bynum gets back, then Odom takes that role.....or Walton.  Yes, I'm sure Mr. 8 teams in 8 years will be very happy with limited mins at the end of phils bench. Fisher/Blake koME Artest/Barnes Odom Gasol That's it!  When Bynum comes back, phil will go back to another 7 man rotation with Bynum switching with Barnes. 7 deep - but Doc plays his vets more........nice job!!  Love lakers fans!
    Posted by larrykevinchief

Seven deep, now that is some funny wishful thinking. The Lakers will go nine deep this year, because they can.

Last year the core playoff rotation was eight, with a smattering of Sasha for nine. I don't know where you are getting a seven man rotation from, that just is not true. Did you happen to catch that seven game series the two teams just matched up in? This is the rotation we all saw:

Fisher/Farmar
    Kobe/Brown
    Artest/Kobe
    Gasol/Odom
    Bynum/Gasol

Mark it down, barring injury, this is the playoff rotation for this season, and they will go nine deep. If Sasha is playing with his head not in his butt, he may make it ten.

Fisher/Blake
    Kobe/Brown
    Artest/Barnes
    Gasol/Odom
    Bynum/Gasol

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from larrykevinchief. Show larrykevinchief's posts

and further more............. lebron played like a fool a lot last year.  totally ego driven.  his presented-as-charitable "feel it out" or "trusting his teamates" style as disgustingly, explicitly, and repeatedly outlined by rughead fratello in those playoff games against us that lebron THREW- I mean really- how stupid for lebron to completely change his game style from prominent to passive to "feel out" a game.  that only means that later on he is going to become a 225% ball hog to make up for it.  I can't remember Larry Bird ever "feeling" anything out- the only time he did it was in 1992 and as it turned out later he was in so much pain that he couldn't take the shots with any better reasonable chance of them going in- the team, albeit confused by his passivity, was better off taking the shots, doing the playmaking and not bird. Compare that to Lebron's totally self centered style of play in the playoffs of "feeling it out" and passively "trusting his teamates" (read: going totally passive) with no physical impediment whatsoever, essentially quitting on his team and showing them up saying "here, let's see what you can do" when that was NOT supposed to be their role.    Then he would (or in some cases not) come back to life after a period that he deemed adquate had passed and they probably missed his contributions and valued him a little more highly, or however a complete nutjob thinks.  It was the most backward display of team anti-chemistry I have ever seen in my life.  The bonehead had ALL YEAR LONG to develop rapport and confidence in the teamates so that Leb w ron g and everyone else could play at the same speed all the time and do they best that they could.  The best that CLE could do any time last year was NOT when Bronny decided to be passive and "let the game come to him".  hogwash.  did jordan ever do that?  ANY other "legend" or great?  NOpe. Conversely, ALL I SAW LAST YEAR FROM SHAK was the same consistent workmanlike effort and no mind games or letting up on the gas pedal, pushing back down on it "when it felt good" bull crappe that lebrone was doing .  You are right, that team should have done a lot better with shak and it was not because of shak at all.  Look at the sycophantic, narcissistic ring leader of that team and that's all you have to know.  shak will do just fine eating minutes for us in his role.
    Posted by aciemvp

You make great points.  Shaq did very well for Cleveland in the first and third quarters last year.  When they stopped going to him and it was the James show, that's when the lane got clogged.  He looked like he wasn't doing much because he was in James' way.  And last year, I loved that, because it made him basically useless at the end of games.  This year, with our outside shooters, he will be better than he was with Cleveland.  And he is motivated - that is a good thing

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Why are Laker fans so ashamed to include Theo Ratliff on the depth chart? I mean, the Lakers signed him before the Celtics signed Shaq. The Lakers must have seen something from Ratliff that the rest of the NBA didn't. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from larrykevinchief. Show larrykevinchief's posts

Why are Laker fans so ashamed to include Theo Ratliff on the depth chart? I mean, the Lakers signed him before the Celtics signed Shaq. The Lakers must have seen something from Ratliff that the rest of the NBA didn't. 
    Posted by P34

We know why, don't we?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

Posted by P34

Well, that would appear to be a playoff rotation, and not a roster. I don't see Sasha, Walton, Ebanks, or Character on that rotation either. Could it be that all those players, as well a Ratliff are not expected to make the rotation come playoff time? Your boy here has the rotation down to seven, he doesn't even think Barnes will make it. Is that because he is "scared" as well? 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from larrykevinchief. Show larrykevinchief's posts

Posted by P34

I agree.  If their goal, and our goal, and everyone's goal is to have the best record, then Ratliff will have to play a lot at the beginning of the year.  Bynum is out until Dec (or late Nov), that's like 19 or 20 games.  They only have Odom, Artest, Barnes and Gasol as GOOD players.  They have Ratliff because we know Phil won't play Caracter much...........hopefully, we get off to a fast start, and they don't.  I really want to get a 1 or 2 seed this year!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Shaq looks JACKED : Well, that would appear to be a playoff rotation, and not a roster. I don't see Sasha, Walton, Ebanks, or Character on that rotation either. Could it be that all those players, as well a Ratliff are not expected to make the rotation come playoff time? Your boy here has the rotation down to seven, he doesn't even think Barnes will make it. Is that because he is "scared" as well? 
    Posted by Give-in-to-it

You're assuming that the Lakers make the playoffs. If Gasol and Kobe gets injured then the Lakers might not even make the playoffs. The point is you have to play 82 games first before talking about playoff rotations.

I would love to see Phil Jackson play ONLY Gasol, Odom, and Bynum for the entire regular season. Gasol to play PF and Center for 82 games, yeah!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Shaq looks JACKED : I agree.  If their goal, and our goal, and everyone's goal is to have the best record, then Ratliff will have to play a lot at the beginning of the year.  Bynum is out until Dec (or late Nov), that's like 19 or 20 games.  They only have Odom, Artest, Barnes and Gasol as GOOD players.  They have Ratliff because we know Phil won't play Caracter much...........hopefully, we get off to a fast start, and they don't.  I really want to get a 1 or 2 seed this year!

You don't have to worry about standings this season because even if the Celtics end up the 4th seed in the east the Lakers will still not home court advantage. With Bynum missing the first 2 months of the season and Kobe only at 60%, the Lakers are just a 52-win team this season. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

In Response to Re: Shaq looks JACKED : You don't have to worry about standings this season because even if the Celtics end up the 4th seed in the east the Lakers will still not home court advantage. With Bynum missing the first 2 months of the season and Kobe only at 60%, the Lakers are just a 52-win team this season. 
    Posted by P34

2009-2010 season:

Gasol- missed 17 games
    Bynum- missed 17 games
    Kobe- missed 9 games

Record 57-25 
    Home court throughout the playoffs.

Most teams must have everything go right for a chance at a title. The Lakers are good enough that some things can go wrong, and did, but they still can win it all. You better get down on your knees and pray there are more problems than the early season knee surgery recovery, because if there isn't, your prediction is going to look silly. We will be back here at this time next year with Celtics fans playing wet nurse for each other crying about conspiracy theories.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Shaq looks JACKED : 2009-2010 season: Gasol- missed 17 games Bynum- missed 17 games Kobe- missed 9 games Record 57-25  Home court throughout the playoffs. Most teams must have everything go right for a chance at a title. The Lakers are good enough that some things can go wrong, and did, but they still can win it all. You better get down on your knees and pray there are more problems than the early season knee surgery recovery, because if there isn't, your prediction is going to look silly. We will be back here at this time next year with Celtics fans playing wet nurse for each other crying about conspiracy theories.
    Posted by Give-in-to-it

In case you didn't know, Kobe hit at least 5 miracle shots last season. Take those 5 miracle shots away and the Lakers would have ended up with a 52-30 record. 

The Lakers were an extremely lucky team last season. Perkins' torn ACL in Game 6 is proof of that. 

Don't forget the Celtics were leading the series 3-2 before Perkins went down. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from larrykevinchief. Show larrykevinchief's posts

In Response to Re: Shaq looks JACKED : You don't have to worry about standings this season because even if the Celtics end up the 4th seed in the east the Lakers will still not home court advantage. With Bynum missing the first 2 months of the season and Kobe only at 60%, the Lakers are just a 52-win team this season. 
    Posted by P34

Agreed.  I figure 60 wins this season.  That's MY goal......hope it is in line with theirs.  Can you think of 10 games we lost last year and shouldn't have?
    NY, NJ, LAC...........should NOT happen this year!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Shaq looks JACKED : Agreed.  I figure 60 wins this season.  That's MY goal......hope it is in line with theirs.  Can you think of 10 games we lost last year and shouldn't have? NY, NJ, LAC...........should NOT happen this year!

The Atlanta Hawks WILL NEVER sweep the Celtics this season. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

In Response to Re: Shaq looks JACKED : The Atlanta Hawks WILL NEVER sweep the Celtics this season. 
    Posted by P34

What have they got to prove against the celtics....they simply swept us and put us to bed. We got served!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LightSaber. Show LightSaber's posts

The Celtics will win 60 games because they signed Shaq. While the Lakers will only win 50 games because they got Theo. 

Telling Celtic fans that Theo will not play is crap. The Lakers didn't sign Theo just to raise the average age of the Laker players. Kupchak signed Theo because he will be the backup Center this season. lol

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

The Celtics will win 60 games because they signed Shaq. While the Lakers will only win 50 games because they got Theo.  Telling Celtic fans that Theo will not play is crap. The Lakers didn't sign Theo just to raise the average age of the Laker players. Kupchak signed Theo because he will be the backup Center this season. lol
    Posted by LightSaber

Two questions.

Do you watch the playoffs?

If so, are you aware of the playoff rotation concept?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LightSaber. Show LightSaber's posts

In Response to Re: Shaq looks JACKED : Two questions. Do you watch the playoffs? If so, are you aware of the playoff rotation concept?
    Posted by Give-in-to-it

What are you trying to tell us, the Lakers will not have to play in the regular season because they are the defending champs? 

HELLO!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

In Response to Re: Shaq looks JACKED : What are you trying to tell us, the Lakers will not have to play in the regular season because they are the defending champs?  HELLO!
    Posted by LightSaber

No, those were playoff rotations posted on this thread. Of course Ratliff is going to play. All the players, even the guys at the end of the bench are going to get some minutes in the regular season. But when it matters, the scrubs are out of the rotation.

Sections
Shortcuts