Shaq May Be Out For The Year

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lani234. Show lani234's posts

Shaq May Be Out For The Year

Via the Eagle Tribune: 

Shaquille O'Neal may have worn a Boston Celtics uniform for the last time.

In what would be a crippling blow to their chances of winning a title, the Celtics are going forward as if the affable center won't be returning to team for the playoffs, according to an NBA source.

[...] The Celtics came to this conclusion after Shaq failed to complete one simple sprint up and down the court during a "conditioning test" on Saturday, before he limped off the court in Waltham.

[...] "If he were to come back, it would have to be a miraculous recovery," said the source, who requested anonymity. "And at his age (he turned 39 on March 6) and physical condition, the Celtics have planned accordingly."

Well... that is certainly not encouraging. 

This puts a lot of pressure on Jermaine O'Neal.... the same Jermaine O'Neal who played all of a game and a half before hurting something else.  So....

... this hurts.  If this is accurate... if this report is true... then this really hurts.  

Go ahead... cue the Danny hatred.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

Re: Shaq May Be Out For The Year

too early to tell, but the playoffs are very long.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

It very dissapointing, and Danny will rigthfully take the heat, but I think we owe it to this team to see how they fair.  I for one never believed he was imperative for us to win in the east.  If he was, than thats a joke.  Miami has a joke at center, and Noah in chigcago is active and a good defender, but shouldnt be the difference of winning/losing the east, IMO

If we got to the Finals and the Lakers were not there, I would still like our chances w/out Shaq.

I also believe Shaq is not needed now, and if they just let him rest and stop giving him tests and telling him to sprint when he can barely walk, he MAY be ready for if/when we made the Finals....IF we cant beat the Heat or Chicago with our current team, than Efff it!  It wasnt our year Den'

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

I agree Jay, it's dissapointing, but what can we do now? JO is playing well and we still have a chance. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In Response to Shaq May Be Out For The Year:
    Via the Eagle Tribune:  Shaquille O'Neal may have worn a Boston Celtics uniform for the last time. In what would be a crippling blow to their chances of winning a title, the Celtics are going forward as if the affable center won't be returning to team for the playoffs, according to an NBA source. [...] The Celtics came to this conclusion after Shaq failed to complete one simple sprint up and down the court during a "conditioning test" on Saturday, before he limped off the court in Waltham. [...] "If he were to come back, it would have to be a miraculous recovery," said the source, who requested anonymity. "And at his age (he turned 39 on March 6) and physical condition, the Celtics have planned accordingly." Well... that is certainly not encouraging.  This puts a lot of pressure on Jermaine O'Neal.... the same Jermaine O'Neal who played all of a game and a half before hurting something else.  So.... ... this hurts.  If this is accurate... if this report is true... then this really hurts.   Go ahead... cue the Danny hatred.
    Posted by lani234

I,m very suspicious of those anonimous sources.Let wair and see.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Marc Gasol anyone....lol  - big body like Perk but can score too....I never penciled in Shaq for year 2 anyway....thats just something old guys do, but if we wither out this year, no way is coming back...we cant waste a spot for him next year again....with hopes and dreams! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Shaq May Be Out For The Year:
    Via the Eagle Tribune:  Shaquille O'Neal may have worn a Boston Celtics uniform for the last time. In what would be a crippling blow to their chances of winning a title, the Celtics are going forward as if the affable center won't be returning to team for the playoffs, according to an NBA source. [...] The Celtics came to this conclusion after Shaq failed to complete one simple sprint up and down the court during a "conditioning test" on Saturday, before he limped off the court in Waltham. [...] "If he were to come back, it would have to be a miraculous recovery," said the source, who requested anonymity. "And at his age (he turned 39 on March 6) and physical condition, the Celtics have planned accordingly." Well... that is certainly not encouraging.  This puts a lot of pressure on Jermaine O'Neal.... the same Jermaine O'Neal who played all of a game and a half before hurting something else.  So.... ... this hurts.  If this is accurate... if this report is true... then this really hurts.   Go ahead... cue the Danny hatred.
    Posted by lani234

Not saying its not true but if youre getting an inside scoop of what someone overheard "THE CELTICS" saying, why wouldnt you name names??  Afterall, someone like Doc & Danny had to make the comment...

Armed with this hot gossip, why hold back who said it??? Sounds fishy and an attempt at headlines... although I wouldnt be surprised its true.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

well, this is not great. still, a tiny rag out of north andover quoting a source who doesn't want to be named, siting 4 day old information. there is still close to two weeks before round 2 and - hopefully - close to two months before the end of the season. talk to us, danny.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I doubt it. He has a strained calf muscle. He's injured it 2  and 1/2 weeks ago. I expect to see him back for the second round of the playoffs. Remember that it's a long post season. He has a minor injury. What no one truly knows is if he will reinjure his calf or if his achilles tendon will swell again. At 39, nagging injuries are a big problem.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Looks like Doc is saying he could play Sunday.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

round and round we go on the Shaq carousel of damged limbs...weeeeeeee!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

Wel where's Kristic.... is he hurt too?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from allen2034. Show allen2034's posts

In Response to Re: Shaq May Be Out For The Year:
    Wel where's Kristic.... is he hurt too?
    Posted by KGLove

no but his defense really hurts us, and thats why hes glued to the bench...i rather see troy out there then kristic

Sections
Shortcuts