Shaq: Right Calf Muscle Strain

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Shaq: Right Calf Muscle Strain

NOT a re-tear of his achilles.  Thank.  God.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Shaq: Right Calf Muscle Strain

Great news!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Def shut down now till playoff time.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Shaq: Right Calf Muscle Strain:
    [QUOTE]NOT a re-tear of his achilles.  Thank.  God.
    Posted by MsLithium21[/QUOTE]

You beat me by about a minute.  THIS he can recover from in time.  Great job, Lith.  May I call you Lith?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

That's great to hear. Wow - that's truly great news. Calves aren't good news, but it's much better than an achilles or a knee. I know calves can hurt like hell too, even if there's minimal damage. WHEW!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

In Response to Re: Shaq: Right Calf Muscle Strain:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Shaq: Right Calf Muscle Strain : You beat me by about a minute.  THIS he can recover from in time.  Great job, Lith.  May I call you Lith?
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

Gotta love the internet-TV combo, huh?  Wink

Yes, you can definitely call me Lith.  Smile

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

wow that looked so much worse. But damn, he looked good before he went down. I would shut him down for the rest of the regular season, and then come playoff time hopefully he can stay healthy. 

Don't want to seem optimistic, but I feel like we can beat the bulls with shaq in the lineup.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

I do too!  The way they look tonight - even without him - I think WITH him they can beat anyone, especially in a 7 game series.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

OH, and they just showed him walking under his own power.  <sigh of relief>

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Glad it's a calf muscle strain, but everythings related.  Calf muscle turns into the achilles tendon which inserts (or attaches) to the calcaneus ankle bone.
    The higher up the strain is on the calf muscle, the better (although I don't think anybody will be reporting on it to that degree.

Hope the big guy gets back.  We are such a better team when he can contribute 15-20 minutes a night.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

[QUOTE]I do too!  The way they look tonight - even without him - I think WITH him they can beat anyone, especially in a 7 game series.
    Posted by MsLithium21[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Shaq propels this team to a great team that can handle anyone in the league. Without him we have to have all of the big four to have amazing games and that really hasn't happened since the Boston-LA finals back in 08 when we killed them in the sixth game. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I wouldn't call this "great" news by any stretch. Having said that it's excellent it's not an achilles tear.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rpn313. Show rpn313's posts

I am also weary of breathing a sigh of relief.  After being out 2 months, for him to leave after just 2 quarters because of another injury just indicates how fragile he is.  What makes you think he'll be back in time for the first round, and what makes you think he can last an entire postseason run?  This was very disappointing.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bramrok. Show bramrok's posts

shaq is so fragile, where is the beef?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsucks69. Show bostonsucks69's posts

It looks like a grade II strain. Probably done for the year...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

[QUOTE]I am also weary of breathing a sigh of relief.  After being out 2 months, for him to leave after just 2 quarters because of another injury just indicates how fragile he is.  What makes you think he'll be back in time for the first round, and what makes you think he can last an entire postseason run?  This was very disappointing.
    Posted by rpn313[/QUOTE]

You're right; there is nothing guaranteed.  But I think everyone of us thought for a good 20 minutes that he'd be out for the season, which obviously would have made the title run even more of an uphill battle than it already is.

At least here there is hope, there is a chance.

There is probably no NBA trainer as important to his team right now as Ed Lacerte is to us.  Let's send some good thoughts to him and of course to Shaq himself. 

The relief is simply that it's not over.  From here, we just have to take it one day at a time.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rpn313. Show rpn313's posts

The fact is, no one relies on physical exam for a definitive diagnosis nowadays... the final word will be an MRI which I'm sure he will have tomorrowt.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsucks69. Show bostonsucks69's posts

You Celtic homers are delusional. Shaq is done and so is your team. Danny Ainge screwed you by trading Perkins. It's over. Just look at Paul Pierce's face. He knows it is over...

http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2011/04/03/globephoto__1301877851_6106-4.jpg

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beat-Boston. Show Beat-Boston's posts

I luv Bahston fans. The same people who said Shaq was overrated when he had led LA to championships, now think he is the savior of the franchise.

The guy is done. He is 40. Old, fat, tired, and hurt. Done!

I posted yesterday that he would not hold up when he returned. If it is a calf strain, he could be out a month. I strained my calf 3 months ago. I rested a week.  Kept trying to walk/run and kept reinjuring it. The process takes a good month.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

these calf strains take like 1-2 weeks to completely heal. His foot, the real injury, will be 100% by then. Shaq better spend this week in the pool and then get in a few practices running hard before deciding to just pop back into games.

shaq didn't play the final month of last season, then rd 1 was a 9 point 6 reb guy for the Cavs in 20 mins. then he played 24 mins vs us in rd 2 and put up 13.5 points per.

He'll be ok in small spurts.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

MAYBE let him play vs. Miami next Sunday, esp w/ the two seed on the line. An emotional lift like he had in 5 mins tonight, only in 10-12 mins vs. the Heat would be great. That is 10-12 mins that our other bigs don't have to play.

Then sit him for theback to back... but with that little extra rest he gave our bigs, we'll have some extra juice to win the back to back for once, at Washington.

Then we finish w/ the Knicks at home. If we are locked into a seed everyone rests. If we are playing for a 1 or 2 seed with a win... I have no doubt we win. And Shaq can play 10-12 mins in that as well.

It is likely we play NY or Philly in the playoffs, Shaq would likely just be needed in small spurts on Amare/Turiaf or Speights/Brand. Our other bigs are superior to those teams as a whole.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsalas67m. Show rsalas67m's posts

The calf muscle attaches to the achilles. This doesn't sound good. Shaq's problem is the tendon that attaches both and it heals slowly. There is no magical cure. His injury today is related to his foot problem.

Calling it a strain doesn't say much and it's a way of reassuring both Shaq & the public. I hope I'm entirely wrong. I want the Celtics to be completely healthy so that excuses can't be used. But a 39 yr old 300 lb. plus behemoth running up and down the floor is jeopradizing the man's health.

A hamstring pull is similar. The achilles is just lower on the leg. It sounds like nothing but what happens as a person ages, the body's ability to go full throttle is compromised. Your mind might will it but your body won't respond like it used to. And Shaq's weight only adds to his fragility.

25. This post has been removed.