Shaq stinks. He was all done a couple years ago.

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Shaq stinks. He was all done a couple years ago.

yawn

shaq or sheldon? shaq or Kwame.. who would you rather have?

what a debbie downer

Shaq should start, b/c he'd be great paired with KG and not so much w/ Baby/JON. but only play 16-20 mins, get you 9/6/1 a game, and be the 5th option to score

He will hurt vs pick and role, but gives better hands/offense/IQ than Perk. Again, he is not being give tons of $ and counted on to be the 06-07 Shaq, jeez get a clue

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

In Response to Shaq stinks. He was all done a couple years ago.:
    [QUOTE]            Proof? It is about the team winning and Phoenix was a much better team after he left. Cleveland was a much better team when he was either hurt or on the pine. Rebound? He can't rebound. He can't move laterally to the ball well enough to get meaningful rebounds. Not only is he one of the worst pick and roll defenders in the history of modern basketball but he doesn't "clog the lane" because he's so slow guys can just go around him. Offensively, he's awful. It takes him a week to get his shot and unless it is a dunk or a scoop half the time he doesn't even get rim. Done is done. He's pitiful now. You're kidding yourselves.
    Posted by walton[/QUOTE]
       I think you might be just a bit harsh toward Shaq. Just a bit.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

Sure ignore all context How is a run and gun team like pheonix and a coach like d'antoni going to effectively utilize Shaq? It never made sense.  The Cavs were at their best when Shaq was on the floor. They were much more balanced. He clearly can't play the same minutes that they needed of him in Cleveland. A good fit for Boston.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Check his stats for last year. He grabbed more boards than our guys. Perkins is hurt. Who would you rather have?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KB24RULZ. Show KB24RULZ's posts

Funny thing is the celtics only signed the big pickle because of the Laker bigs domination on the boards. Result-fail!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

I think there is that little matter of Howard. 

The Celtics have the better defense, coaching, team concept and leadership - by far.  That doesn't guarantee success, but they give the best opportunity to take advantage of what Shaq has to offer in a selective role. 

The Lakers and their wankerboy fans know it too - they doust protest too much.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PACelt. Show PACelt's posts

Wrong.  In context or out of context.  He will make us better than we would be without him.

And he will make our "clogged toilet" offense MUCH, MUCH better.  And if you use JO at the end of games, you can actually play 4 on 5 instead of 3 on 5.

PA

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Shaq stinks. He was all done a couple years ago.:
    [QUOTE]In all honesty I'm not a huge Shaq guy, but a few of the playoff games for Cleveland I thought he played very well and even outshined the quitter King Nothing.
    Posted by DFURY13[/QUOTE]

I agree that I also wasn't sure about the Shaq signing, but he won't be playing a lot of minutes and should be helpful in a limited role.  I thought that last year he was really out of shape and could have been more effective if he was in better basketball shape.  Of course,

Rasheed  also could have  been in better basketball shape.  Rasheed was great for us in the playoffs, but could have contributed even more if he was in better shape.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from uncommon13. Show uncommon13's posts

I love the hate from Laker fans. Look I know the guy isnt nearly the player he used to be. But for 15-20 mins a game off the bench I will take it. He basically had the same numbers as Perk in 5 minutes less a game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I'm with Fierce on this one. Shaq will not be a primary option. He's going to get easy buckets and imagine all those dunks Perk could have if he didn't wind up before going strong to the rack. Well those are now going to be dunks and +1s. All those buunies that Rondo gives Perk and he fumbles them, those are now going to be dunks. Shaq is a decent passer and scorer around the basket. The Cavs wanted him to come in and play starter minutes and that was their mistake.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PACelt. Show PACelt's posts

[QUOTE]I'm with Fierce on this one. Shaq will not be a primary option. He's going to get easy buckets and imagine all those dunks Perk could have if he didn't wind up before going strong to the rack. Well those are now going to be dunks and +1s. All those buunies that Rondo gives Perk and he fumbles them, those are now going to be dunks. Shaq is a decent passer and scorer around the basket. The Cavs wanted him to come in and play starter minutes and that was their mistake.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

This is someone that gets it!!!  $1.4mil - show me a better signing of a true 5?

PA

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Good signing imo

Throw all that stuff about  the Suns & Cavs being better with Shaq out of the lineup... very misleading stuff.

What Shaq brings the C's is a huge upgrade in our 1/2 court offense, rebounding and size.

Remember, come playoffs defenses tighten up and much of the offense is 1/2 court sets. Shaq is our ONLY player that can post and back it in. He requires being double teamed and opens up our perimeter. His size and bulk has kept him a good rebounder and decent 1on1 defender.. The two things we lacked against the Lakers. 

With Shaq and JO, can you really vision the Laker bigs playing volleyball again with rebounds? Nope. Is Bynum gonna muscle Shaq out of the post? Nope.

If he can stay healthy, get in shape, its a good pick up as far as Im concerned.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

I have more faith in Shaq,then I do Jermaine. The Celtics got Shaq alot cheaper then they did that other bum. Jermiane is the guy who has been done for 4 years.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from HarryMangurian. Show HarryMangurian's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shaq stinks. He was all done a couple years ago. : I agree that I also wasn't sure about the Shaq signing, but he won't be playing a lot of minutes and should be helpful in a limited role.  I thought that last year he was really out of shape and could have been more effective if he was in better basketball shape.  Of course, Rasheed  also could have  been in better basketball shape.  Rasheed was great for us in the playoffs, but could have contributed even more if he was in better shape.  
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

+1

Shaq does not need to win games for us, he just needs to hold the lead

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

In Response to Shaq stinks. He was all done a couple years ago.:
    [QUOTE]            Proof? It is about the team winning and Phoenix was a much better team after he left. Cleveland was a much better team when he was either hurt or on the pine. Rebound? He can't rebound. He can't move laterally to the ball well enough to get meaningful rebounds. Not only is he one of the worst pick and roll defenders in the history of modern basketball but he doesn't "clog the lane" because he's so slow guys can just go around him. Offensively, he's awful. It takes him a week to get his shot and unless it is a dunk or a scoop half the time he doesn't even get rim. Done is done. He's pitiful now. You're kidding yourselves.
    Posted by walton[/QUOTE]
    He is the back up C.....LOL!  Jermaine O'Neil will start until Perk gets back.

What Shaq can do is box out and score....he will open up the floor for Rondo to work his magic.

Don't fret, Shaq coming off the bench for the vet minimum is a good thing.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jm02130. Show jm02130's posts

As I said in another post, he's better than Kwame Brown, who was the other alternative.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Oh boy,,what a worry wart... Danny signs a hall of famer and all we get is
    the sky is falling..he can't do this, he can't do that...
    . Who did you want him to sign??  D. Howard???
    I suppose, it won't do any good anyways, because Doc doe'nt play hall of famers
    anyway...right..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Shaq is nowhere near who he used to be but what he has for the vet minimum is a real bargain.  Even with the limited minutes that he'll get he will provide some badly needed size, good depth at the 5 and a number of options for Doc.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]I have more faith in Shaq,then I do Jermaine. The Celtics got Shaq alot cheaper then they did that other bum. Jermiane is the guy who has been done for 4 years.
    Posted by notrade[/QUOTE]

Jermaine O'Neal:

age - 32  mins - 28.4  pts - 13.6  rebs - 7.0  FG% - 53%  FT% - 72%

Shaquille O'Neal:

age - 38  mins - 23.4  pts - 12.0  rebs - 6.7  FG% - 56.6%  FT% - 49.6%

To me they were both equally productive. JON is younger and dealt with a hyperextended knee and high ankle sprain last year after basically being a double-double for the first few months of the year.

The main point to remember is that both guys were their teams 3rd scoring option. Basically they needed to be 30 min guys getting their teams 16-17pts and 9-10 rbs for their club's to have success.

This year? Shaq will (hopefully) get all his limited mins with the starters. He really needs to play alongside KG. There he will be the 4th or 5th option on offense.

Jermaine will get half his mins with the starters and the other half against reserves. He will either be 4th/5th option, or the 1st or 2nd option playing against inferior talent.

This bodes well for the C's

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Both O'Neals had PEr's of 17.9... that is still a decent #... better than Ray, almost as good as KG and Paul

I'd hopefully like to Rondo and KG break 20 with their PER's this year, if everyone else has the same PER as last year, we'll be looking very good.

(sheed -13, Baby -11, Perk -15 FYI)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Jermaine O'Neal:
    age - 32  mins - 28.4  pts - 13.6  rebs - 7.0  FG% - 53%  FT% - 72%
    Shaquille O'Neal:
    age - 38  mins - 23.4  pts - 12.0  rebs - 6.7  FG% - 56.6%  FT% - 49.6%

Without looking at Perkins statistics, I bet these 2 AARP are more productive than
    a young lad Perk.
    Celtics made a mistake keeping Perkins, he should have been traded a long time ago. Perhaps today, we could have a young budding skilled replacement.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]Jermaine O'Neal: age - 32  mins - 28.4  pts - 13.6  rebs - 7.0  FG% - 53%  FT% - 72% Shaquille O'Neal: age - 38  mins - 23.4  pts - 12.0  rebs - 6.7  FG% - 56.6%  FT% - 49.6% Without looking at Perkins statistics, I bet these 2 AARP are more productive than a young lad Perk. Celtics made a mistake keeping Perkins, he should have been traded a long time ago. Perhaps today, we could have a young budding skilled replacement.
    Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]

without knowing who you'd have traded Perk for I can't really agree or disagree. but I doubt we'd be talking Bogut, Kaman or Brook Lopez right?

I wouldn't do anything to touch what happened in '08 and Perk on Howard was a big part of us beating Orlando this year, and taking a superior club to 7 games in '09 when we had no KG.

Perk has his flaws, he would be best suited as a 24-28 min per game guy, guarding the rim, intimidating, getting you an 8-8-2 each game. Pair him with a guy like PJ Brown was or Jermaine O'Neal shopefully will be, a smart veteran with poise and good hands who can hit that outside shot and also play D, and you have a winning frontcourt.

Too bad PJ was 38 (although he gave us what we needed in the playoffs) then Rasheed was out of shape and not trying for the regular season and now Perk is  coming back from major surgery 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from walton. Show walton's posts

This is my honest opinion.........Shaq stinks now. He's no good anymore. He can't play anymore. PERIOD. Context? There is no context. He stinks. If his name weren't Shaq no one would even have given him the time of day. He'll be a distraction also, because you gotta play him. I'm not saying you have to play him 25 minites a game but if he doesn't play in certain situations there will be the constant questions about "why didn't he play" blah, blah, blah. It won't be like some other bench guy where if he plays he plays and if he doesn't he doesn't. There will constantly be a focus on Shaq, Shaq............because he is Shaq. Believe me also, if Shaq isn't happy with his minites or how he's being used he'll "get it out there" that he's not happy. It might be subtle but Shaquille is very good at "getting things out there." Interesting move by Ainge.

Sections
Shortcuts