Shaq stinks. He was all done a couple years ago.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

Re: Shaq stinks. He was all done a couple years ago.

In Response to Re: Shaq stinks. He was all done a couple years ago.:
    [QUOTE]OK Che and everyone else.  Who's better?  Who could we have gotten that would be better? You all avoid the question.  Criticize all you want, but answer the question. For the vet min, who would you put on the floor instead of Shaq??? PA
    Posted by PACelt[/QUOTE]

PACelt is absolutely right on here.... who would you get as a center at the vet min that would be better.... the answer is NOONE !!!!!!  Stop with all the b i tching and be happy we got a huge presence as center who can do more than most starting centers........wake up people.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shaq stinks. He was all done a couple years ago. : I'm sure you think the same way when we were playing the Cavs last year huh? ....added to that, do you think Kobe, Lebron & Wade think the same way as Walton? I think so. Shaq passed and the 3 brats will not respect his presence in the Celtics. In my opinion? he still has some gas left but not much....I will go along with the 3 brats.
    Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]

Ok if not Shag then who??  Kwame Brown?  that is laughable... rather than complain how about naming who you would get at center for the vet min?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

alton has lost his mind.  He says Cleveland was much better when Shaq was not playing.  They won 61 games last season.  How irrelevant a statement is that to describe the Cavs "when Shaq was not on the floor"?  So is that to suggest had they not had Shaq, they would have won 70 games?  So Shaq played and they won 61 games.  I WILL TAKE THAT ANY DAY!
    ----------------------
    Just wanted to respond to this one section. The cavs. Won 66 games the year beofre with no Shaq.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"this Oneal played an alpha man through out his career. Try to change it overnight and you have problem."

Umm, well, actually, Shaq has had a few years to adjust and in Cleveland he understood his role pretty well. So, "overnight" is not the best way to describe the transition, whatever you think of him. 

"n my opinion? he still has some gas left but not much....I will go along with the 3 brats"

"some gas" - like, say, 20 minutes a game, which is about what we will need from him? As for the three brats, do you think any of those guys can stop Shaq when he has the ball in front of the basket? You do realize that the Heat have no big guy inside and that this is their biggest weakness as a team right? So maybe it makes sense for other teams competing against them to stock up on big centers if they can? And maybe Shaq was BY FAR the biggest center left in the market? To beat an opponent, you go after their weak spot, and center is the Heat's biggest weak spot. Plus we need to match up well against the Magic. 

It seems to me like with your enthusiasm for the Heat, despite the fact that they have not played one game together, you should just give up being a Celts fan and get your Heat jersey and be a front runner. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Alot of people are making the point that Shaq will not be needed to play starter minutes, and they he should help us in a limited role. my answer to that is maybe, if he buys in.

We are talking about a guy, who is accustomed to being a star not a reserve. In cleveland he complained about only getting 23 minutes a game. What happens if he plays less here? Will he become a problem in the locker room? What happens when Perk gets back, does he or JON become the third string center? If you play JON at Power forward is big baby, the 3rd stringer? Will everyone accept that?

Aso, I know there are alot of people who are not perk, fans but the guy is regarded as one of the best pick and roll defenders inthe game. Shaq is one of the worst.  I hope he buys in, but buyin in may be a huge slice of humble pie for a guy who refers to himself as the "most dominant ever," and sings songs about being the greatest.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

"this Oneal played an alpha man through out his career. Try to change it overnight and you have problem."

Umm, well, actually, Shaq has had a few years to adjust and in Cleveland he understood his role pretty well. So, "overnight" is not the best way to describe the transition, whatever you think of him. 

"n my opinion? he still has some gas left but not much....I will go along with the 3 brats"

"some gas" - like, say, 20 minutes a game, which is about what we will need from him? As for the three brats, do you think any of those guys can stop Shaq when he has the ball in front of the basket? You do realize that the Heat have no big guy inside and that this is their biggest weakness as a team right? So maybe it makes sense for other teams competing against them to stock up on big centers if they can? And maybe Shaq was BY FAR the biggest center left in the market? To beat an opponent, you go after their weak spot, and center is the Heat's biggest weak spot. Plus we need to match up well against the Magic. 

It seems to me like with your enthusiasm for the Heat, despite the fact that they have not played one game together, you should just give up being a Celts fan and get your Heat jersey and be a front runner. "
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I hope you are right, but I don't think so. Shaq wasn't the Alpha dog in cleveland, but he did complain about playing time and some think he turned the cavs against their coach. In Phoneix Steve Nash said he would not resign with the Suns if they brought Shaq back.

I agree no one is stopping shaq with the ball around the basket, but the question is can he stop anyone else? People like Bosh, who will have the speed and youth can easily beat Shaq up the court and That tranlates to easy buckets.

In Clevland the cavs won 66 games without Shaq, they 62 with him. They scored more points with him on he bench because he slowed up their offense. Again, I hope you are right, but I really don't think this is going to work. Shaq gets mad that Dwight Howard calls himself Superman. Do you honetly think a guy who has enough ego to be upset over that, is going to be happy backing up perk (when he gets back) and maybe JON? I mean the guy's self image is the man of steele not grampa on the pine.

Kwame Brown, may not have had the talent Shaq does even now, or the desire, or the heart, but he would have accpeted his role. If he became the 2011 Sheldon Williams, then so be it. For Shaq I don't think he can accept that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shaq stinks. He was all done a couple years ago. : I'm sure you think the same way when we were playing the Cavs last year huh? ....added to that, do you think Kobe, Lebron & Wade think the same way as Walton? I think so. Shaq passed and the 3 brats will not respect his presence in the Celtics. In my opinion? he still has some gas left but not much....I will go along with the 3 brats.
    Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]

not really sure what your point is

Walton was proved the fool in this thread over and over

Shaq at 1.4 million to play 16-20 minutes a game is a no-brainer great move for a team w/o its starting center for 2/3 of the season

The 3 brats would have rather had shaq than Z and Juwan I am sure, all rumors I heard were that Shaq had no desire to return to Miami

Cleve lost b/c Celts were better and LeBron quit on his teammates, who paid the price for simply not being as good as the green

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PACelt. Show PACelt's posts

Simply put it would be worth it if we got a big that can average 10pts. and 5rebs. while playing @ 20min. per game. While his pick and roll D isn't good; his ability to command a defender or two at all times will off set it.  His low post game and good hands should help on the offensive end and counter his inability to run the court.  He is a more than an adequate passer to start the break.

All in all, it's a great deal for us.

PA

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanRI88. Show celticsfanRI88's posts

with shaq you're getting a [b]third big[/b] who averaged 12ppg 5rebounds last year in 20minutes, and 17ppg the year before....all for the vet minimum..I dont really see a negative here..

is a sheldon williams or kwame brown going to provide that kind of presence in the post?

Sections
Shortcuts