Shaq wants to wear Celtics Green

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Re: Shaq wants to wear Celtics Green

Ga'Bless them if they can do it. 

What players would CLE persue at this point? I don't see Cle giving in after the owners rant. There would have to be some positive additions before the season starts.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

Man, if somehow we can get Shaq, JON, and Sheed all together would be something!

That would be a damn good big man rotation! I get goosebumps just thinking about it!

But I doubt that can happen.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

Even at age 38 Shaq is still a force to reckon with in the middle. If he's agreeable to receiving the VM, then by all means sign him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

With our AARP status & old age of Shaq, maybe Stern will give us the benefit of the doubt. Maybe we can get AARP discount for Shaq. Maybe Stern will respect our status and decrease the phantom calls againts us .

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

In Response to Re: Shaq wants to wear Celtics Green:
    Man, if somehow we can get Shaq, JON, and Sheed all together would be something! That would be a damn good big man rotation! I get goosebumps just thinking about it! But I doubt that can happen.
    Posted by Waynestarr

What about a Shaq, JON & Perk rotation? 

For your suggestion if Cle was interested in Perk on a S&T that might pan out.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

In Response to Re: Shaq wants to wear Celtics Green : What about a Shaq, JON & Perk rotation?  For your suggestion if Cle was interested in Perk on a S&T that might pan out.
    Posted by croc

That rotation is pretty good too, but I don't think Perk will perform the same again.

Ligament tears for a man of his height and weight, and the duties of battling other bigs in the post, might be too much for him to overcome.

I know Stoudemire came back from microfracture surgery, but he's not really a banger and good post defender like Perk is/was.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

THE BIG LEPRECHAUN! HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by Fierce34

Now that is worthy of a big HAHAHA!! If we get Shaq he must be called the "BIG LEPRECHAUN!!  I'm giving you 5 TP's for that one!!Laughing

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Well at least someone wants to come to Boston, so why not try and make it work. We need a big. Shaq's motivation is he doesn't want the Heat or Lakers to win it.

S&T Sheed & Scal for Shaw & Powe. The C's can sign Scal for 1yr/$2.5 per year.

THe Cavs would buyout Sheed for cap. This gives Shaq more money and sign him to a 2 year deal. Sheed can be resigned in Feb if he wants to come on board.

The frontline depth would be too much for teams to overcome.
    KG
    JON
    Shaq
    Erden
    Sheed
    Perk?
    BBD

Board problem is solved and everyone will be able to rest throughout the year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

Well at least someone wants to come to Boston, so why not try and make it work. We need a big. Shaq's motivation is he doesn't want the Heat or Lakers to win it. S&T Sheed & Scal for Shaw & Powe. The C's can sign Scal for 1yr/$2.5 per year. THe Cavs would buyout Sheed for cap. This gives Shaq more money and sign him to a 2 year deal. Sheed can be resigned in Feb if he wants to come on board. The frontline depth would be too much for teams to overcome. KG JON Shaq Erden Sheed Perk? BBD Board problem is solved and everyone will be able to rest throughout the year.
    Posted by BiasLewis

Agreed!

With that lineup, we'd be a tough team to beat, even for the Lakers, Heat, and the Magic.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzyDizzyIzzy. Show BuzyDizzyIzzy's posts

I personally would like Sheed to come back healthy, but if not then without hesitation Id trade his contract for a S&T for shaq straight up. 

Management should give the the starting center position as his to lose. He would need to understand the concepts though including:

* Minute restriction to keep him fresh(20-25mins.)during season
    * He will not be a main offensive focus UNLESS the situation itself dictates it in his advantage.
    * His main focus should be shot blocks,alters, rebounding defensively, setting screens and pick and rolls, picking up loose offensive rebounds from missed shots(not his).
    *He needs to drop 25-50 pounds for training camp come in lighter reduce the load and wear and tear on his legs during regular season.
    *He will be taken out of games at key times when odds work against hime(like is is winded, or he needs to potentially take key free throw shots in which he will sit).

Tell him if he cant do these things consistently during the regular season and at key points in the game on a regular basis then he can and will lose his starting spot in which his minutes will be reduced until a good balance is found.

Management and coach should tell him face to face if he is down with these known guidelines and his 100% HONEST ROLE then we can play ball together. :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philselig33. Show Philselig33's posts

Arguably Canada's biggest Celtics fan.

Been reading the forums for a while, lot of great posts.

Anyways, at first I wasn't sold on Shaq, but if he is lobbying and really wants to be here for the min. that is different.

My vote for a nickname is BIO DIESEL as he is Green fuel.

And even though it makes the Celtics older if we have the O'neal tandem in the middle, does that not make Perk expendable?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eddymon. Show Eddymon's posts

Why did Tony Allen leave! We could have had 2 Allens and 2 O'Neals. 
    Posted by Fierce34

Then sign Eddie House and we'd have a "full house"

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I wouldn't say it makes him expendable, I would say it allows him time to rehab correctly. He's damaged good right now and until people can see him play close to that previous level he will be in green. Ainge may be able to use the injury to re-up Perk at a lessor salary.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eddymon. Show Eddymon's posts

Wyc and the other partners MUST think about the marketing here too, think of how well "BIG LEPRACHAUN" shirts and merchandise would sell.    Its something well worth going after.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Would you do Sheed for Shaq and Parker? Think that works ... $8m
    Posted by Mployee8

If we get Parker, throw in Marquis Daniels. Parker would be a terrific 6th man. Better than Matt Barnes anytime.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from c.wright. Show c.wright's posts

Sign Shaq now....better do something ASAP.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

I'd say Daniels & Robinson would be reasons the C's wouldn't trade for Parker.  I don't think they can trade Daniels now. 

My take on Shaq is yes he want's to compete, yes he wants to stick it to the heat/LA, and he sees the Sheed contract S&T as a way to make MLE or better money.

ETA via Celticsblog Jeff Clark:   http://www.celticsblog.com/

...If he was looking for $8 million a season, his price (and ego) would have to come down quite a bit to fit into the vet minimum slot.  My guess is that he's hoping the team will work out a sign and trade with Cleveland involving Sheed's contract.  My fear there is convincing the Cavs to make a move like that would likely require giving up some other asset like a pick.  And I'm not sure it is worth a pick (not to mention the Sheed trade asset)  to overpay an aging (albeit legendary) center.

Then again, if he takes a 2 year deal and the Cavs take just a 2nd rounder, then he might fit right into the "give it one more shot" gameplan that Danny is riding right now.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I think the C's jumped a little too fast in resigning Daniels. If all else failed by mid- August I would go for him. However somebody may take him @ one year 2.5 million in a trade such as the sign and trade for Shaq. I love the idea of Parker wearing a C's uniform this up coming season. He's just what we need off the bench. While Ainge is at it, he can sign Candice Parker also. She's a great player and enjoyable to look at also. Va Va Voom.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsalas67m. Show rsalas67m's posts

Shaq would be an intriguing addition for the Celts if he can shut his "pie hole" and not complain about touches. His ego always gets in the way of maintaining a peaceful atmosphere in the locker room. Keep the Deisel under wraps until the playoffs and you have a positive addition.

But there is a serious downside with Shaq. He's yet to accept his serously diminished skills and begins to quickly wear on his teammates for his laziness, arrogance, and inability to get rebounds. Besides demanding the ball, he requires a tacit press to inflate that ego. Shaq will also seriously affect the offense by removing the advantages that Rondo provides.

You already have two huge egos in Paul Pierce and Rajon Rondo to massage. Is the risk to team harmony worth the Shaq experiment?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hinghamdunker. Show Hinghamdunker's posts

I bet Ainge waits until Shaq is 40.  He is too young to play on the C's.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JMichalski12. Show JMichalski12's posts

So, would you all want Baby 6'8" mind you he is a solid defender, or Shaq guarding Bynum when the game is on the line? get er done DANNY!!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

If shaq want the vet min by all means, IDK tho, don't you think if he could go anywhere he wants @ the vet min he's already be there?......I think he has already burnt his bridges in LA, & MIA, He won't land in ORL. The only place i'd be affraid of him landing would be in SA. But i don't think Shaq & Pop get along. Who does Shaq get along with?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

I would love to see Shaq at the veteran's minimum. He would adress our biggest need: rebounding. And even at his age he still gets star treatment. The man still gets away with murder in the low post.

To me, this is a no brainer.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

i'd sign him in a heartbeat for the vet min. but we still need a wing player or two. our front line will be deep and rested, but RA and PP will be exhausted.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I like the Parker idea, but I don't think CLE will bite on it.  They need players!!  Which is why it might be a good idea to try Scal for Shaq.  Then sign Wafer, or TMAC.  Scal gives them a player, a good soldier, they are loaded at 4, but no shooters.  One thing Scal can do is spread the floor.  Give him TA's money, 2.5 mill or so, and see what CLE says!