Shaq wants to wear Celtics Green

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

Re: Shaq wants to wear Celtics Green

This could be the 1st father & son to play together on a team.. (Shaq & Seed)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzyDizzyIzzy. Show BuzyDizzyIzzy's posts

Here is a thought, if Sheed wants to stay and play another year, lets do a S&T with CLeveland. S&T shaq and trade Cleveland Perkins. Shaq, Sheed, JO, KG........there is your front line, plenty of bigs, no half year long injuries. Honestly Perkins skill level and potential has peaked already 2-3 years ago..........he aint gettin any better, now with a major knee injury to a HEAVY CENTER no less.........lets get rid of Perk for Shaq, I bet sheed would stay on then without question.........

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

In Response to Re: Shaq wants to wear Celtics Green:
    In Response to Re: Shaq wants to wear Celtics Green : My man, sometimes you write some good stuff, but not this time. I can barely understand this jibberish...
    Posted by Red-Doc-Redemption

that's the beauty of it all....."let tony be tony....let nate be nate....let the dude be the dude.......LET IT BE , LET IT BE , LET IT BEEEEEEEEE".........BEAT L. A. ....BEAT L. A. .....BEAT L. A......

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

In Response to Re: Shaq wants to wear Celtics Green :     If we get Parker, throw in Marquis Daniels. Parker would be a terrific 6th man. Better than Matt Barnes anytime.
    Posted by mem17

I'm a little late to this party but last year Parker was invisible with Pierce or TA on the floor...WE don't want him. There is room for a PP back-up but it isnt't clear who..yet.
    Shaq, if he really!! wants to be here is A1!!. Quis is better overall than Parker and Gaffney isn't bad!.....JMO

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

We may find out this week in regards to the Shaq situation. It was good news to hear he is considering the Celtics. I'm sure he knows the C's only have the veteran minimum to offer him, unless they can swing a sign and trade.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

There are a few things I like about having Shaq.  First, if true, I appreciate that he would like to be with us. I'm glad we beat the Cavaliers but I was interested in seeing them, if they got by Orlando, playing and beating the Lakers. He and Kobe were never really close friends. He's big & strong and good too for using up 6 fouls when some muscle is needed in the paint.

It is a known fact for years he is not a good foul shooter. But what really would concern me is due to his age, on both fast breaks, when we have the ball & perhaps he even gave us the rebound, we need think about scoring with 4 men as he will not be down the court too quickly. Also, when the opponents fast break & attempt to score quickly, Shaq will probably not be down the court to defend. On the other hand, younger Perkins was not the fastest either getting down the court.

But, in short, I would love to have Shaq in Green AND TO HAVE US FACE THE LAKERS AGAIN IN THE FINALS !!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dino1980. Show dino1980's posts

I would welcome Shaq, even if it's just for good quotes.  He's not going to start, especially when Perk comes back.  Shaq could work well with the 2nd unit, providing he embraces that role.  I would love to see Shaq on the floor with Daniels and Robinson.  Shaq would work well with Baby also. 

Shaq could also be the enforcer that we've been missing for years.  KG and Perk are that type of player, but they're also starters.  Big Shaq, off the bench, could send a message if someone needs it.  I'd love to see Artest try to elbow Rondo if he knew Shaq was going to take his head off on the other end!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Question:  What is the general consensus on Shaq's basketball IQ?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The Sheed contract asset and/or our '11 1st rd pick are far too valuable to give up for Shaq

yes we need another big, but that is 2nd in importance to a wing who can guard big SF's like LeBron, Rashard Lewis, Deng, Marvin Williams and even Artest. A Posey like player is important both for the playoffs and regular season. We need to be able to rest Allen and Pierce a lot this season. They CANNOT average 34-37 mins a game anymore. I would prefer a regular season where they average like 31-33 mins and KG 25-27.

Parker and Moon are decent options. If we do a sign and trade for Shaq and include our 1st rd pick then we better get one of them. I would prefer the 6'8" Moon as he can run more w/ Rondo and guard taller guys. Parker is a better shooter but Ray/PP can shoot.

A 3 team trade would be great, land us Shaq AND a SF. We wouldn't need Perk if we had a frontcourt of KG/Baby @ PF and the O'Neals at Center. I would see if we can find a team to take Perk (and Scal in a sign and trade or maybe Moon/Parker) and add that missing SF.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

If you were the Detroit Pistons, would you trade Tayshaun Prince and a 2nd rd pick for Perk, a 1st and 2nd rd pick and Jamario Moon?

They need lotto picks to rebuild. Prince is only going to help them stay in that 8-12 range in the lottery. Perk and Prince are both going to be free agents. If they acquire Perk they'd be a terrible team while he was injured. Then they would get 2 months to see if Perk was healthy and if he is back to be a defensive force and a guy you can count on for 30 mins, 7 points, 9 boards and 2 blocks, then sign him long term.

A 3 team deal works with Sheed and Detroits pretty solid 2nd rd pick going to Cleveland. If Sheed is bought out for 2 million, they save 2 million b/c of Moon's contract and the lux tax. Then Perk, Moon, Scal (signed at 1.5m to make the $ work) and our 1st and 2nd rd picks go to Detroit for Prince. We bring in Shaq at about 4 million and Prince as our 6th man.

Such a trade could be ade for another wing. I'd love Ariza or Gerald Wallace:) Guys like that and Prince would make us title favs. Of course there is the little issue of getting the teams to deal us the better player 1st...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Let's go Danny!

Make this work!

Bring in shaq and a VERY good defensive SF/6th man.

Ship out Perk, Sheed, Scal (if needed for $) and our draft picks in '11.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Regular season:

C - Shaq (20 mins) Jermaine O'Neal (20 mins) KG (8 mins)
    PF - KG (20 mins) Baby (16 mins) Prince (12 mins)
    SF - Pierce (28 mins) Prince (20 mins)
    SG - Allen (32 mins) Daniels (12 mins) Pierce (4 mins)
    PG - Rondo (36 mins) Nate (12 mins)

Playoffs:

Baby/Quis don't play, bench is Jermaine, Prince and Nate

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ojmega. Show ojmega's posts

Why did Tony Allen leave! We could have had 2 Allens and 2 O'Neals. 
    Posted by Fierce34

YOU PLAYIN TEXAS HOLD EM 

2 PAIR
    2CENTERS AND 2 GUARDS

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ojmega. Show ojmega's posts

The Sheed contract asset and/or our '11 1st rd pick are far too valuable to give up for Shaq yes we need another big, but that is 2nd in importance to a wing who can guard big SF's like LeBron, Rashard Lewis, Deng, Marvin Williams and even Artest. A Posey like player is important both for the playoffs and regular season. We need to be able to rest Allen and Pierce a lot this season. They CANNOT average 34-37 mins a game anymore. I would prefer a regular season where they average like 31-33 mins and KG 25-27. Parker and Moon are decent options. If we do a sign and trade for Shaq and include our 1st rd pick then we better get one of them. I would prefer the 6'8" Moon as he can run more w/ Rondo and guard taller guys. Parker is a better shooter but Ray/PP can shoot. A 3 team trade would be great, land us Shaq AND a SF. We wouldn't need Perk if we had a frontcourt of KG/Baby @ PF and the O'Neals at Center. I would see if we can find a team to take Perk (and Scal in a sign and trade or maybe Moon/Parker) and add that missing SF.
    Posted by rameakap

THE BEST AVAILABLE ARE 2 GREAT DEFENDERS BATTIER AND ARIZA 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ojmega. Show ojmega's posts

TAYSHAWN IS A GOOD FIT TOO

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Yes I just don't know how available they would be.

If we ended this offseason having swapped out Perk, Sheed and TA and adding Shaq, J. O'Neal and Tayshaun Prince (or even Battier) in their place. Well now, that would make us the best team in the NBA right?

Do you think Houston would want Perk? I wouldb't combine him with our '11 pick for Battier but I would for Ariza. Perk would be nice insurance in case Yao struggled or got hurt again as he'd arrive for the playoff push. They have 3 centers now tho as they signed Brad Miller and Scola can play there as well.

Of course if Perk plays well in the few weeks before the trade deadline they could be sitting pretty with three assets in Perk, Miller and Scola two of which could be sent other teams (an East team like chicago or Atlanta knowing they have to matchup with Dwight/Shaq in the playoffs would want Perk)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

This 3 team trade works:

Shaq, Posey and David West to Boston

Perk, our #1 picks in '11, Moon and Scal @ 3.5 million to New Orleans

Sheed and New Orleans 2nd rd pick to Cleveland

cleve saves 2 million and gets a pick

New Orleans saves at least 10 or as much as 17 million depending on if West picked up his option, and gets a younger local boy PF and draft pick for an older (but better) PF who is prob going to walk asap

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

This 3 team trade works: Shaq, Posey and David West to Boston Perk, our #1 picks in '11, Moon and Scal @ 3.5 million to New Orleans Sheed and New Orleans 2nd rd pick to Cleveland cleve saves 2 million and gets a pick New Orleans saves at least 10 or as much as 17 million depending on if West picked up his option, and gets a younger local boy PF and draft pick for an older (but better) PF who is prob going to walk asap
    Posted by rameakap

I like it, but CLE is in need of players at the moment.    Why not just try Scal @ 3.5 for Shaq?  It gives him more $, gets us Shaq,  CLE at least gets a player for a year or two who can stretch the floor, and they include him in a later deal if they have to.  Use Sheed's ghost on Howard or Wes Chandler.  We all know how you feel about Posey, but I think he is done!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

Celtics own the paint if he signs. 

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I think this Shaq deal is going to happen one way or another.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts