Shaq's Mission

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Shaq's Mission

Neutralize Andrew Bynum. That's it!

If the Celtics make it to the Finals against the Spurs or Mavs Shaq is not that important.

Anyone who thinks Shaq is really injured is gullible. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Shaq's Mission

I'd felt the same way as you about he injury, ever since doc said if it were th eplayoffs he'd be playing... like 2 weeks ago... but I just saw on Sports Sunday tonight that his achilles is healing slower than originally expected.

So when does he return? I was assuming Wed. vs his old Suns team but now i'm thinking maybe March 16th vs. Indy to tune up for a 3-game road trip vs. good teams that we'd need to go 2-1 on.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

His mission is to shut down Howard and to punish those driving to the basket.  Get a few rebounds and a few baskets.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In games this season that Shaq played 22 or more mins the Celts are 14-1

Shaq went for 10.7 points and 6.3 rebounds in those games

Over the last 2 years Perk was a 9-8 player in 27 mins a game

I really think that if we have Shaq back playing 20-22 mins for the last month of this season and the 1st rd of the playoffs and then playing 26-28 mins for the last 3 rounds of the playoffs we will be a better team than we were before this trade.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

The last time Shaq played against the Lakers Andrew Bynum had 11 points 6 rebounds and 5 fouls. I think it's pretty obvious.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

His secondary mission is to stay out of foul trouble.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lakerman17. Show Lakerman17's posts

Nice to hear that Boston have made moves to combat the Lakers. The Lakers have of course made none to combat the celtics.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

His mission is to get healthy and stay healthy for the duration of the season

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Destroying every opponents inside game while raiding every All You Can Eat Buffet in every city the Celtics play in. Not necessarily in that order.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from paul0. Show paul0's posts

In Response to Shaq's Mission:
    [QUOTE]Neutralize Andrew Bynum. That's it! If the Celtics make it to the Finals against the Spurs or Mavs Shaq is not that important. Anyone who thinks Shaq is really injured is gullible. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Oh really.  Well, if that's the case maybe Doc and Danny are extremely worried to play Shaq because they know he is injury prone and their afraid the big lug will get injured yet again, right before the playoffs.  Oh that's right, not to worry because Sheed is coming back right before the playoffs and will be a major force in propelling the Celtics to the Finals.  LOLOLOLOLOL

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlee1234. Show victorlee1234's posts

[QUOTE]Anyone who thinks Shaq is really injured is gullible. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Are you part of the Celtics Front Office or Medical Staff?  If not, you don't know crap.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]Neutralize Andrew Bynum. That's it! If the Celtics make it to the Finals against the Spurs or Mavs Shaq is not that important. Anyone who thinks Shaq is really injured is gullible. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Applied a littile wishful thinking here, P?
    I hope you're right, but I'll believe it when the big fella plays 5+ consecutive games for 20+ minutes. Achilles issues (if that's what it is) can be stubborn.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Let's face it, we are going to be on Shaqwatch and JOwatch for the duration of 2010-2011 season.  This is the "big if" part of Danny's trade.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

In Response to Re: Shaq's Mission:
    [QUOTE]Destroying every opponents inside game while raiding every All You Can Eat Buffet in every city the Celtics play in. Not necessarily in that order.
    Posted by OneNation[/QUOTE]
        You have a good point with the all you can eat buffet comment. Fierce reported with a reference that Shaq has lost 15 lbs. since during this stint of not playing. He also lost a lot of weight over the off season. He gained weight during the season while playing and traveling with the team. There is a pattern and eating in restaurants may be the reason for the weight gain. Eating out too often puts weight on me, why not Shaq?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

I watched a game last year when Cleveland played the Lakers, and both Bynum and Gasol looked like they were afraid of Shaq on the offensive end.

The problem with Shaq, on the defensive end, is that he is now slow, and makes reach in fouls against the younger quicker centers like Bynum. With Perk gone, his biggest goal against the Lakers will be to guard without fouling. Having Shaq on the bench, for most of the game, will likely be very difficult for the Celtics.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

More great news on Shaq.

"Haven’t heard much," he said. "Just know that they’re working. They’re getting closer. Jermaine’s a ways out, and Shaq’s getting closer. I don’t think he’ll play when we get back but he’s a lot closer."

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]I watched a game last year when Cleveland played the Lakers, and both Bynum and Gasol looked like they were afraid of Shaq on the offensive end. The problem with Shaq, on the defensive end, is that he is now slow, and makes reach in fouls against the younger quicker centers like Bynum. With Perk gone, his biggest goal against the Lakers will be to guard without fouling. Having Shaq on the bench, for most of the game, will likely be very difficult for the Celtics.
    Posted by TeamUmbutu[/QUOTE]

to guard w/o fouling is clearly his biggest goal

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Check out the two remaining lakers trolls - paul0 and victorlee are very nervous!!  Why worry about us, when they won't get past SA?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Check out the two remaining lakers trolls - paul0 and victorlee are very nervous!!  Why worry about us, when they won't get past SA?
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

ONLY AN IDIOT WOULD COME UP WITH A NAME WITH 1234 AT THE END.

HAHAHA!!!

Sections
Shortcuts