Sharp Shooter Ray Allen taking aim @ Reggie Miller!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayallen1. Show rayallen1's posts

Sharp Shooter Ray Allen taking aim @ Reggie Miller!!!!

WoOT!!!!   97 more 3pointers and Ray Allen will shoot down reggie's 3point record.

I estimate if Ray makes around 2-3 a night, it will take him 48 more games to break the record, which will occur on Wed, Feb 16 against New Jersey in Boston. So if you are at the game that night, make sure to give Ray Ray a nice round of applause.

And once Ray helps Celtics win another CHampionship banner this year, that should assure that his number gets retired in Boston. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: Sharp Shooter Ray Allen taking aim @ Reggie Miller!!!!

In Response to Sharp Shooter Ray Allen taking aim @ Reggie Miller!!!!:
    [QUOTE]WoOT!!!!   97 more 3pointers and Ray Allen will shoot down reggie's 3point record. I estimate if Ray makes around 2-3 a night, it will take him 48 more games to break the record, which will occur on Wed, Feb 16 against New Jersey in Boston. So if you are at the game that night, make sure to give Ray Ray a nice round of applause. And once Ray helps Celtics win another CHampionship banner this year, that should assure that his number gets retired in Boston.   
    Posted by rayallen1[/QUOTE]

Yes.. that's about right... mid February...  IF... he stays healthy.

RA's biggest shot last night though was his flush to seal the game. Kudos to CPP for the nifty feed.

Retire his number????? A no-brainer!

Pud

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pliu. Show pliu's posts

Allen is remarkable.  How many 2 guards remain so productive at the age of 34?

The man's a consumate professional who takes care of himself.  He's got great genetics, that's for sure.  I mean his mom looks great.  Didn't she complete a marathon last year?

One time my wife asked if she was Ray's girlfriend or wife when she was on camera.

It is a real sign of how the game has changed when Ray Allen and other players make more 3's in a season than many entire teams attempted 20 years ago.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]WoOT!!!!   97 more 3pointers and Ray Allen will shoot down reggie's 3point record. I estimate if Ray makes around 2-3 a night, it will take him 48 more games to break the record, which will occur on Wed, Feb 16 against New Jersey in Boston. So if you are at the game that night, make sure to give Ray Ray a nice round of applause. And once Ray helps Celtics win another CHampionship banner this year, that should assure that his number gets retired in Boston.   

Couldn't happen to a better guy.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

winning games by 1 to 3 points or in ot is not a championship caliber team. wait until the old legs start to give way. oh, that only happens to other teams right?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

And to think some poster wanted to trade him for Mike Miller!! HAHAHA.Innocent

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Sharp Shooter Ray Allen taking aim @ Reggie Miller!!!!:
    [QUOTE] And to think some poster wanted to trade him for Mike Miller!! HAHAHA.
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

Here's something for Celtic fans to think about. We give Denver Rondo, Perkins, Bradley, and JO, they give us Carmelo, and Ty Lawson. We get a superstar closer, and the Nuggets come away with about as much as they are going to get for Anthony.

Re: Swap JO for Frye

posted at 10/29/2010 11:57 AM EDT
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=3567a792c5f5109ca211f62f3c1b2406&plckUserId=3567a792c5f5109ca211f62f3c1b2406">
    First: 2/12/2006
    Last: 11/6/2010

Here's something for Celtic fans to think about. We give Denver Rondo, Perkins, Bradley, and JO, they give us Carmelo, and Ty Lawson. We get a superstar closer, and the Nuggets come away with about as much as they are going to get for Anthony. Both teams come away a winner, with this trade! I know we have Pierce at the 3 spot, but i'm talking about a young superstar, one of the 5 top players in the game!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

[QUOTE]Allen is remarkable.  How many 2 guards remain so productive at the age of 34? The man's a consumate professional who takes care of himself.  He's got great genetics, that's for sure.  I mean his mom looks great.  Didn't she complete a marathon last year? One time my wife asked if she was Ray's girlfriend or wife when she was on camera. It is a real sign of how the game has changed when Ray Allen and other players make more 3's in a season than many entire teams attempted 20 years ago.
    Posted by pliu[/QUOTE]
    Ray's 35 years old or young now. Ray's still a terrific player. He played really well last night vs. the Bulls.
        Breaking the 3 point shot career shot record is worth calling a record. The Rondo first 5 game assist record started by ESPN is just ridicilous or obsessive stat. reporting. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

make that trade NOW. carmello could add a nice sucker-slap, scamper away, puzzy element to the Cs that would serve to temper kG's bully tactics.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kivanc. Show kivanc's posts

[QUOTE]Allen is remarkable.  How many 2 guards remain so productive at the age of 34? The man's a consumate professional who takes care of himself.  He's got great genetics, that's for sure.  I mean his mom looks great.  Didn't she complete a marathon last year? One time my wife asked if she was Ray's girlfriend or wife when she was on camera. It is a real sign of how the game has changed when Ray Allen and other players make more 3's in a season than many entire teams attempted 20 years ago.
    Posted by pliu[/QUOTE]

Ray is not 34, he is 35. He will be 36 3 weeks after he gets his 2nd ring. And that will only make this more remarkable.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sharp Shooter Ray Allen taking aim @ Reggie Miller!!!! : Ray's 35 years old or young now. Ray's still a terrific player. He played really well last night vs. the Bulls.     Breaking the 3 point shot career shot record is worth calling a record. The Rondo first 5 game assist record started by ESPN is just ridicilous or obsessive stat. reporting.     
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

Not only obsessive stat reporting (mucho hype) but obsessive PG stat seeking. I would feel better about Rondo's progression as a player if he were not 11 PPG, 16 APG but rather 16 PPG, 11 APG at this point.

We could use the extra scoring punch from the PG position, particularly late in the game.

Pud

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pliu. Show pliu's posts

I can't ageree.  If you want to see a Rondo who scores more just look what he did in the playoffs a couple of years ago when KG was out and the team was out of sync.

Rondo is capable of flipping his ppg and assist stats but the team wouldn't be as effective.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pliu. Show pliu's posts

Forgot to add that I do agree that the team would be better if Rondo was a perimeter threat and a good FT shooter.

But not because this would mean he'd score more but because this would make him even better in his primary role as playmaker.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Ray Allen is a true Celtics....my all time favorite Mchale & Allen.....nope not BIrd.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

The 16/11 player would also suggest that Rondo was focused on and had been working on remedying THE HOLE  in his game... his shot... particularly late in the game... instead of improving on something (assists) he already excels at.

Is this the consolation prize he brings to the table instead?

Perhaps the out-of-synch two years ago was due to KG's absence more so than to Rondo's scoring more or maybe how he was scoring more. He hasn't replicated this since then to my knowledge, not last year when KG was out/ineffective/walking wounded much of the season.

Pud

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

RA- 14.6 ppg- 29.3% from the 3pt line- 36.7 FG%- 2.7 rebounds per game.

Kobe- 28.6 ppg- 31.9% from the 3pt line- 40.5% FG%- 8 rebounds per game.

These numbers from the 2010 Finals.

Only 1 person here deserves his number retired...and it aint Ray.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]RA- 14.6 ppg- 29.3% from the 3pt line- 36.7 FG%- 2.7 rebounds per game. Kobe- 28.6 ppg- 31.9% from the 3pt line- 40.5% FG%- 8 rebounds per game. These numbers from the 2010 Finals. Only 1 person here deserves his number retired...and it aint Ray.
    Posted by RUMcHale[/QUOTE]

We can't retire koME's number for two reasons:
    1.  He never played for the Celtics
    2.  The GREAT Sam Jones (TEN rings, baby) wore #24 for us.

Bleed Green!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pliu. Show pliu's posts

Rondo had to score more two years ago because the team was out of sync due to KG's absence.

If he hadn't we would not have gotten by the Bulls.  I never said that the team was out of sync b/c Rondo was scoring more.

But I believe that if Rondo scored more playing with an intact team--even if he were a better shooter-- it would not make the team more effective.

If Rondo were a better shooter, however, it would make the team's overall offense more effective since Rondo's being more of a scoring threat would make him an even more effective playmaker.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]Rondo had to score more two years ago because the team was out of sync due to KG's absence. If he hadn't we would not have gotten by the Bulls.  I never said that the team was out of sync b/c Rondo was scoring more. But I believe that if Rondo scored more playing with an intact team--even if he were a better shooter-- it would not make the team more effective. If Rondo were a better shooter, however, it would make the team's overall offense more effective since Rondo's being more of a scoring threat would make him an even more effective playmaker.
    Posted by pliu[/QUOTE]

It seems to me that paragraphs 3 and 4 directly contradict one another... or maybe I am missing something.

Pud

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pliu. Show pliu's posts

The distinction is being a scoring threat and actually scoring more.  If Rondo were a more credible scoring threat it would improve the team. If he scored more it may not.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]The distinction is being a scoring threat and actually scoring more.  If Rondo were a more credible scoring threat it would improve the team. If he scored more it may not.
    Posted by pliu[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

If he were a threat to score more, that would effectively spread the floor keeping the defense from cheating on our scorers or sagging.

The increased APG so far this season go hand in glove with a decreased threat to score since his PPG have declined.

His game seems to be even less balanced.

Pud

Sections
Shortcuts