Sheed coming back?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Sheed coming back?

I have a feeling that Sheed and Perk will be back around the same time. I'm not sure what Sheed's contract status would be or if he's even filed retirement papers. Sheed and Perk would replace JON & Erden mainly for defense. Hopefully Sheed is staying in shape.

I like our bigs of KG, Shaq, BBD, Sheed and Perk because it give you a little bit of everything...length, defense, perimeter shooting, low post scoring and physical presence. I just don't think JON & Erden are cut out for playoff style basketball down the stretch.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: Sheed coming back?

Perk losing 10 lbs. is intriguing. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

As Mora would say,..."PLAYOFFS"....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I can't believe I'm saying this but it would be nice to get Sheed back in the fold towards season's end.  However, I don't think he'd replace JON.

We have 4 players who, by season's end, will probably NOT be playoff-ready.  They are Luke, Avery, Semih and Wafer.  Actually, I think Wafer will be waived at some point during the season.

Therefore, I can count 12 players for the playoffs if Sheed were to return.  They would be KG, Shaq, Perk, Sheed, Baby, JON, Pierce, Allen, Rondo, Quis, Delonte and Nate.  I'm pretty sure you can carry 12 players or maybe even 13.  But if Sheed were to return, I'd feel comfortable going into the playoffs with those 12.  If the number were 13, that might be Semih or Luke.

I think that would make our interior superior to ANYBODY if these 6 went into the playoffs healthy.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

I hope he returns ! I am sure he is their backup plan !

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Need some big's as the interior defense is suspect to say the least...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Super77. Show Super77's posts

If someone scam you, would you like to be scammed again?Yell
    I don't understand some of the logic here.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

Rasheed was not an advocate of physical fitness during his playing career. It is highly doubtful if he has been keeping himself in decent shape since he opted to retire.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Super and edcap99, Sheed scammed us last season because we gave him all this money and he never lived up to OUR expectations.  We were the ones with the crazy expectations.  He dogged it ALL season.  You cannot be scammed if you have "low" expectations.  If we get Sheed back for the final 2 months of the season and the playoffs, OUR expectation would be he's returning for 15 minutes, stretch the court with a couple 3's, solid low post play, rebounding and defense.

Think about it, Sheed played well in the playoffs.  He was just so out of shape.

As out of shape as he was last season, he went as far as game 7 and finally "gassed out".  I'll take him back knowing he won't be gassed out.  And IF (big if) he returned in ANY kind of shape, he'd be HUGE for our playoff run.  HUGE.

He's still on payroll and, come playoff time, I'll take Sheed any day over Semih.  Maybe Semih next season or the season after but, now, give me Sheed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In Response to Re: Sheed coming back?:
    Super and edcap99, Sheed scammed us last season because we gave him all this money and he never lived up to OUR expectations.  We were the ones with the crazy expectations.  He dogged it ALL season.  You cannot be scammed if you have "low" expectations.  If we get Sheed back for the final 2 months of the season and the playoffs, OUR expectation would be he's returning for 15 minutes, stretch the court with a couple 3's, solid low post play, rebounding and defense. Think about it, Sheed played well in the playoffs.  He was just so out of shape. As out of shape as he was last season, he went as far as game 7 and finally "gassed out".  I'll take him back knowing he won't be gassed out.  And IF (big if) he returned in ANY kind of shape, he'd be HUGE for our playoff run.  HUGE. He's still on payroll and, come playoff time, I'll take Sheed any day over Semih.  Maybe Semih next season or the season after but, now, give me Sheed.
    Posted by Petey62

Sheed was a big asset in the playoffs, Petey62.  Might be this year too. However, your point about him being out of shape last year made me think.
    What sort of shape would he be in come March after laying low for so long during the season?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from walton. Show walton's posts

Rasheed was not an advocate of physical fitness during his playing career. It is highly doubtful if he has been keeping himself in decent shape since he opted to retire.
    Posted by edcap99

Absolutely. Good post. I can tell you from experience. When you hit 35 or so as an athlete you have to STAY in shape to be productive. Any athlete over 35 who is still really productive in any sport stays in good shape year round. You can't turn your conditioning "on and off" when you reach a certain age. The body just doesn't work that way when you are 35-36-37. Rasheed Wallace has always been the poster boy for "alot of ability and as little hard, physical work as possible." I highly doubt he's on the treadmill doing 45 minites of "intervals" every day.

Take a guy like Paul Peirce. When he was younger he'd go back to California and play alot of basketball in the off season. I don't know how much he lifted or worked on specific conditioning drills............that type of thing. I guarantee you now and even moreso in the future Paul will have a strict conditioning program in the off season which he'll do religiously. He'll lift a certain amount. Do specific basketball related conditioning drills. He'll do alot of well thought out stretching. His whole "program" will be very targeted and focused. When you reach a certain age you can't just "play alot" in the summer and believe me the guys like Peirce who love the game and want to continue to play at a high level are very aware of this. The idea that Rasheed can ride a bike while reading a magazine for 20 minites three times a week, shoot baskets twice a week then come back to the NBA at 36 and still be a productive player is unrealistic.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Behind the scenes I think Danny & Doc are monitoring him and asking that he stape in some type of shape. It may not be full tilt NBA shape but look what PJ Brown did off the street.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I hope he returns ! I am sure he is their backup plan !
    Posted by MichBelgium

I agree with you.  I already miss him this season.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

This guy is stiff. I said it before and I will say it again.
    You can fool me once but not the 2nd time around.

.......and how do you think the team will survive from the new unecessary stupid NBA rules?
    how can you justify employing a self-destruct player then blow your chances to win?......yep he strikes at the last minute while we are behind by 2 or
    ahead by 2.
    No thanks!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Hi,
    I suspect that I'll be crucified but I say it anyway.
    As he plays now, I'd take SE over 'Sheed come plaoffs. Sure Semih doesn't have experience and 3pt range of 'Sheed and his defensive skills. But what he does have is hustle, young legs and huge desire to win. And, as a bonus, he doesn't get T's. Also, in the last playoffs 'Sheed could drag his ailing back through all games - nobody can guaranty that he'd able to do it this year, especially if one or both O'Neals go down.

AK

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

One things for sure Sheed can't come out of retirement until February. Perkins will be ready at the end of January.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

At the start of the season, I was an advocate of Sheed coming back.  Now that I have seen Erdan a bit, I prefer that he gets a good bit of time during the season and that Sheed stays retired.  Unless JO shuts down because of his injury issues.  One of Sheed or JO will be needed.  With Perk, Shaq, Erdan and one of the two, the Celts will have a strong enough front line and the luxury of a lot of hard fouls.

My ardent wish is that Marquis discovers himself.  Then the Celts will have an incredible team.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Exactly right.
    You menton Pierce, but what about Ray Alen? That guy must be a fitness freak.
    Getting Sheed kinda scares me to be honest. But maybe we'll have little choice with the ONeals running out of duct tape.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

One things for sure Sheed can't come out of retirement until February. Perkins will be ready at the end of January.
    Posted by sportsbozo1

Perkins may not be fully recovered till next year it appears...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

Hi, I suspect that I'll be crucified but I say it anyway. As he plays now, I'd take SE over 'Sheed come plaoffs. Sure Semih doesn't have experience and 3pt range of 'Sheed and his defensive skills. But what he does have is hustle, young legs and huge desire to win. And, as a bonus, he doesn't get T's. Also, in the last playoffs 'Sheed could drag his ailing back through all games - nobody can guaranty that he'd able to do it this year, especially if one or both O'Neals go down. AK
    Posted by sinus007

"hi" , back at'cha....you shall not be...crucified....

rather may I be of the 1st to congratulate you for ...

your keen insight and wisdom as to C'S  need for ...

"young legs" in the "7th game" of the 2011 NBA FINALS...

SHEED  is an  "old-dog-all-bark-no-bite-no-fight".....

BEAT L. A. ....BEAT L. A. .....BEAT L. A. .......

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

In Response to Sheed coming back?:
    I have a feeling that Sheed and Perk will be back around the same time. I'm not sure what Sheed's contract status would be or if he's even filed retirement papers. Sheed and Perk would replace JON & Erden mainly for defense. Hopefully Sheed is staying in shape. I like our bigs of KG, Shaq, BBD, Sheed and Perk because it give you a little bit of everything...length, defense, perimeter shooting, low post scoring and physical presence. I just don't think JON & Erden are cut out for playoff style basketball down the stretch.
    Posted by BiasLewis

dude , I'll take the "bones" of BIAS/LEWIS over the "flesh" of SHEED...

both in this life & in the hereafter...NO MAS SHEED....PA-LEEEEZZZ...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

'Sheed would be worth it if only for his EXPERT post defense against Dwight Howard.

Put 'Sheed on the floor at the 4 with Shaq as the enforcer for when Howard starts throwing his hissy fits.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

One thing that is a luxury is that we haven't assigned any players to the D-League yet, or released any.  We have 15 under contract, meaning if Sheed comes back, someone would have to go.

I think somewhere after Dec 15, DA makes a trade for a bench "3" that can score (although Daniels is playing well), and Sheed takes Wafer's spot.  Harangody and Bradley can go to the D-League and that gives us 13.  The NICE thing is -  we will HAVE Sheed, KG, Perk, Erden, JON, Shaq and BBD.  We will only have 4 of them active at one time.  One night Shaq takes off, the next night JON takes off, the next night KG......etc.
    In the playoffs, I think Erden gets to watch in street clothes for this year, and we have the others coming in and causing fits for our opponents.  Shaq, Sheed, Perk......KG, JON, BBD........NICE!!!

But for right now, Daniels and DWest will be keys to our reg season success!

Sections
Shortcuts