sheed waived

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

sheed waived

interesting. why did danny move so fast? does this mean there is a signing coming and we needed the roster space?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

Re: sheed waived

I think that's what it means.  I think it would be Larry Hughes, but how about Rashard McCants?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to sheed waived:
    [QUOTE]interesting. why did danny move so fast? does this mean there is a signing coming and we needed the roster space?
    Posted by kaktug[/QUOTE]

where are you getting this waiver news from.  i see nothing on the transaction wire....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Annoying

He should have used the contract for a SF

If we get Hughes we now have 3 backup SG's

Ah well

Hopefully a rotation sorts itself out and we make a move in Feb to make our playoff contender bench less of a joke

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toineson. Show toineson's posts

In Response to Re: sheed waived:
    [QUOTE]I think that's what it means.  I think it would be Larry Hughes, but how about Rashard McCants?
    Posted by BirdandCowens[/QUOTE]

Rashad McCants is an interesting idea.  I still don't know why he was a no-show at summer league last month, it happened at the worst possible time too since ESPN had just done a nice spread on him about how he's "misunderstood."  Hopefully he had a good reason and can bounce back.  Might be a Kardashian reverse curse at play.   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

it's right here on the globe sports page.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]Annoying He should have used the contract for a SF If we get Hughes we now have 3 backup SG's Ah well Hopefully a rotation sorts itself out and we make a move in Feb to make our playoff contender bench less of a joke
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

i think the reason why they had to release him (buy out) was because of the second year on his contract and uncertainty about the collective bargaining agreement after next year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RondoIsHustle. Show RondoIsHustle's posts

We have to understand and support Danny in this move,because:

We have to look as a organization,they werent willing to trade BBD
    So we didnt have that much of leverage with the teams
    And to a team over the cap,to keep a full mid level guy cost 12 mil year

To get a diference maker we would have to wait until the deadline
    So i think it´s acceptable to let him go and try to et a free agent or a young player at the camp.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

[QUOTE]We have to understand and support Danny in this move,because: We have to look as a organization,they werent willing to trade BBD So we didnt have that much of leverage with the teams And to a team over the cap,to keep a full mid level guy cost 12 mil year To get a diference maker we would have to wait until the deadline So i think it´s acceptable to let him go and try to et a free agent or a young player at the camp.
    Posted by RondoIsHustle[/QUOTE]
    Exactly. Nobody was willing to take over sheeds contract and DA didn't want to give up any other player. I bet someone will sign soon. I think we'll get a full team at the start of the  training camp. Hughes could be that guy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RondoIsHustle. Show RondoIsHustle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: sheed waived : Exactly. Nobody was willing to take over sheeds contract and DA didn't want to give up any other player. I bet someone will sign soon. I think we'll get a full team at the start of the  training camp. Hughes could be that guy.
    Posted by MichBelgium[/QUOTE]

I like the idea of Tony Gaffney.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

[QUOTE]I posted this on the Harangody thread as well: Interesting doings ... Luke signed and Sheed waived/released. Luke's agent must have put the screws to Danny with threats to sign abroad. Having to sign Luke would leave no roster spots for a potential deal for Rudy let alone any players released after training camps. Danny must have exhausted trade possibilities for Sheed to have waived him with time still available to find a team looking for cap relief even if only for a trade exception in lieu of a needed player. Looks like nobody wanted to help the C's improve themselves and you can't blame them. But it would seem that the Luke signing forced Danny's hand. Can't imagine Ainge giving up on the Sheed trade (esp needing another SF) unless he has Rudy back on the table, a trade or VM signing in the works. Otherwise they are done until player cuts are made after training camps.
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE] Danny will either sign someone within the next few days or he'll wait for the cuts and see what shakes out. The final cuts from other teams could get interesting.. So I'll go with he signs someone to a non guarenteed contract.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

There was no move for the Sheed 'chip'. At least no move that DA liked. 

It could be Rudy, and hopefully it is. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Just as I figured.

Look, Sheed was near useless for us during the season. Loafing around, chucking 3's and taking it easy. He did a 180 in the playoffs where he showed he can still score in the post, rebound/hustle and played great defense, especially against Gasol.

I think theres a 50% chance Sheed is signed this spring for the playoff run, especially if Perk isnt back 100% or injuries. 

Perfect set up as Sheed hates the regualr season grind but will be fresh and ready to help down the stretch. I think thats always been in the back of both Sheed & Dannys mind... Its possible Danny never really wanted to make a deal to trade Sheed unless it was a no brainer.... he wants him for the stretch

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

I am confused. I like most of the moves so far. I would have liked the Celtics to sign DWade and Bosh for the vet minimum, but those guys had other plans. I think they probably did the right thing.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Useless in the season
    Useless in the playoff
    Useless in the championship
    Useless in everything. Glad he's out!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from HarryMangurian. Show HarryMangurian's posts

[QUOTE]There was no move for the Sheed 'chip'. At least no move that DA liked.  It could be Rudy, and hopefully it is. 
    Posted by croc[/QUOTE]

I want Rudy too but he needs major minutes and I do not see that happening.

Morris Almond? Jon Scheyer?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Doc will get him to play D...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from voguerp. Show voguerp's posts

Just as I figured.

Look, Sheed was near useless for us during the season. Loafing around, chucking 3's and taking it easy. He did a 180 in the playoffs where he showed he can still score in the post, rebound/hustle and played great defense, especially against Gasol.

I think theres a 50% chance Sheed is signed this spring for the playoff run, especially if Perk isnt back 100% or injuries. 

Perfect set up as Sheed hates the regualr season grind but will be fresh and ready to help down the stretch. I think thats always been in the back of both Sheed & Dannys mind... Its possible Danny never really wanted to make a deal to trade Sheed unless it was a no brainer.... he wants him for the stretch

KarlLost..you took the words right out of my mouth! I see this happening, and taking the league by surprise by adding more Froncourt depth

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsGhost. Show RedsGhost's posts

First: 2/19/2009
    Last: 8/11/2010
    Just as I figured.

Might want to re-think that one. Sheed scored and rebounded higher during the regular season than he did the postseason.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I don't like the idea of possibly bringing Sheed back for the playoff run. The reason why I say this is because Sheed isn't the kind of guy who stays in shape during the off season. Look how out of shape he was in training camp last season. It took Sheed most of the season to get in proper NBA condition.
       P.J Brown stayed in good shape during the time he took off. I just don't see Sheed doing the same. I think it's time to move on from Sheed's days as a Celtic. After all, his 1 season her wasn't anything close to a memorable one. He was booed during the regular season and finally decided to pick it up during the playoffs.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

if sheed picked it up in the playoffs, he went from about a 1-star performance to about a 2-star performance (out of a possible 4 stars). i don't see where he helped us at all last year. his defense was asful. all he could do was foul guys going to the basket.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: sheed waived : I like the idea of Tony Gaffney.
    Posted by RondoIsHustle[/QUOTE]

I agree! I thought he was already signed. He is the best defender/potential offensive threat and smartest player that can be had for reasonable $$.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from KB24RULZ. Show KB24RULZ's posts

Haha..... the Lakers beat Sheed into retirement Lol.