Sheed's contract will most likely be bought out

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Sheed's contract will most likely be bought out

ESPN reported today that Ainge has stated that Sheed's contract will be bought out in the near future. An agreement on the amount must be agreed upon first.
         No surprise as I thought it would have been mind boggling why Sheed would walk away from 13 million dollars. It appears as if we can forget about trading Sheed's contract for the desired 3 position backup.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

Re: Sheed's contract will most likely be bought out

still don't see why sheed gets paid at all seeing that he doesn't want to even try to play.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Otherwise it would still be on the books.  As I understand this erases it from the cap and total salaries, which could figure into the luxury tax consideration.   They are over the cap. 

So the great Sheed chip likely turns into little but dust. 

ETA boston.com just updated it looks like Ainge may have found a taker, but no news what that may be.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from HarryMangurian. Show HarryMangurian's posts

In Response to Re: Sheed's contract will most likely be bought out:
    [QUOTE]Otherwise it would still be on the books.  As I understand this erases it from the cap and total salaries, which could figure into the luxury tax consideration.   They are over the cap.  So the great Sheed chip likely turns into little but dust.  ETA boston.com just updated it looks like Ainge may have found a taker, but no news what that may be.
    Posted by croc[/QUOTE]

The plot thickens...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JMichalski12. Show JMichalski12's posts

His contract is gonna be bought out, the two sides have to agree on an amount! So all indications are that he is gonna accept half of the 13 mill which would leave us 6.5 mill to play with which has been stated all along.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

[QUOTE]Are you kidding me????  After a summer of BS on how Anige was going do a sign and trade with Sheed's contract for another piece to the team and now this!  There was a long list of fools touting this in here.  Boy what next?
    Posted by kobedaman[/QUOTE]

any team would do what they can till the last minute...but why do you f care anyways??

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I don't think the C's do much with the money saved after Sheed is bought out. If anything it could be used as part of a trade with Perk before the All Star break. I wonder would Ainge just try to let Perk rehab until March & April and then put him on the playoff roster. That's a lot of size for anyone to deal with in the playoffs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I'm speculating that Sheed's contract was difficult to trade because behind the scenes he may have been demanding a buyout all along. At first it appeared as if Sheed was doing a very kind and unselfish act for the C's to trade for a good player in the 7 million dollar range. 
        Sheed's getting 6.5 million this season for doing absolutely nothing. I'm shaking my head from side to side.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

I think Hughes could be on his way ...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]Are you kidding me????  After a summer of BS on how Anige was going do a sign and trade with Sheed's contract for another piece to the team and now this!  There was a long list of fools touting this in here.  Boy what next?
    Posted by kobedaman[/QUOTE]

We do a sign and trade for Sasha - kobeismrnba!!

Sections
Shortcuts