Shelf life on the Big three is over

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Shelf life on the Big three is over

Adding and tweaking to get the Big Three over the top has blown up in our face again this year. Before we bring the new piece to replace Jeff Green let's think about next year as the only real priority not feeding the Big Three monster.  If by chance we shock the world this year we will enjoy it, but let's still keep in mind the Celtics don't need to be at the bottom of the league to rise again this time.  Danny and Doc are a very good combo for success and will do it again if they just move on from tweaking with a team that has to be allowed to rebuild.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Shelf life on the Big three is over

Sad to think it is has come to these considerations.  The big 3 have performed exactly as was hoped over the last four years, it is just time to realize the notion they can do it one more time while and ideal is not served by supplying them with more pieces at this point.  Let the magic happen and get ready for next year. Like Etan Moore being rookie of the year and Brandon Bass becoming an all star.  

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Fierce,
    I am glad you feel that way. JON was once a top scorer, I mentioned that one thing you never do is forget how to shoot. Can O'Neal score again with all the open shots he will get? This would be a difference maker, but he has not scored for over three years.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Shelf life on the Big three is over:
    [QUOTE]Sad to think it is has come to these considerations.  The big 3 have performed exactly as was hoped over the last four years, it is just time to realize the notion they can do it one more time while and ideal is not served by supplying them with more pieces at this point.  Let the magic happen and get ready for next year. Like Etan Moore being rookie of the year and Brandon Bass becoming an all star.  
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

And who knows... maybe Rondo finds Jesus (and a jumpshot) in year six.

Pud

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Pud,
    I think that would be reaching. If he could just make say 65% of his free throws I would take that.  Keep in mind he free throw percentage has gone down the last two years.  He could go below 50% if he doesn't watch it.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shelf life on the Big three is over : If Rondo finds a jumpshot, we keep on rockin'.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

No doubt.

Pud

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]Pud, I think that would be reaching. If he could just make say 65% of his free throws I would take that.  Keep in mind he free throw percentage has gone down the last two years.  He could go below 50% if he doesn't watch it.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

He's either going to pick himself up, dust himself off and find his game... or he will go seriously South.

I can easily see him with a variety of injuries that seriously erode his game like what happened the last 3rd of this past season.

Pud  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]concord27 I think we'll know more after the 1st preseason game against Toronto. If JO can be healthy for the whole season, there's a chance we could be the surprise of the NBA this year.
    May I amend that to include KG,PP,and RR also staying healthy the  whole season.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

You may, as the shelf life is close to expiration.  Let's hope for some luck we deserve it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman2. Show antiqueman2's posts

If the C's stay healthy and rotate smart throughout the season the C's have a good chance to go deep. Remember, other teams can have injuries too, not just the C's.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

[QUOTE]If the C's stay healthy and rotate smart throughout the season the C's have a good chance to go deep. Remember, other teams can have injuries too, not just the C's.
    Posted by antiqueman2[/QUOTE]

Exactly.  Whilst I wish ill of no one, every NBA team is one key injury away from being irrelevant.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re:  If we can outrebound our opponents anything's possible.

Boston finished 29th in rebounding last season! What did I miss that would suggest Boston would be a top rebounding team? Oh yeah, misguided faith in JO as a rebounding beast lmao.

Ugh!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shelf life on the Big three is over : Boston finished 29th in rebounding last season! What did I miss that would suggest Boston would be a top rebounding team? Oh yeah, misguided faith in JO as a rebounding beast lmao. Ugh!
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

Yes, JO has about as much chance of getting injured this year as Andrew Bynum!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shelf life on the Big three is over : Boston finished 29th in rebounding last season! What did I miss that would suggest Boston would be a top rebounding team? Oh yeah, misguided faith in JO as a rebounding beast lmao. Ugh!
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

When the Lakers failed to get this.

They rebounded by getting this.

Sections
Shortcuts