Should Celtics use amnesty clause?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Should Celtics use amnesty clause?

Ok so the Celtics still have the amnesty clause they can use on a player and if they don't use it now when will they use it? The team will be young in a few years so it may not be of good use.

The candidates would be Bass, Lee or Terry. I say use it on Jason Terry right now.

Bass and Sully have some value to us if we can land a big man. Lee can easily be part of a trade.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Re: Should Celtics use amnesty clause?

Definately Terry. Bass isn't as bad as most seem to think he is. I doubt we do it until every other possibility is exhausted since his contract would'nt do much for our cap space. If people remember before Doc decided to tank the last month of the season, AB and Lee together were wreaking havoc with teams back courts and setting into offensive plays. I was a big fan when we signed Terry but he was a huge bust and now he's  36 and recovering from knee surgery. I don't know how 5 mil will help us in cap but if we could use his salary to get another more valuable piece for 5 mil, yes. There are only 2-3 big time FAs out there this year but there are some good players that were either overpaid and won't get a contract near where they were making but are guys that could definately help this team regardless of who or who isn't with the team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ok so the Celtics still have the amnesty clause they can use on a player and if they don't use it now when will they use it? The team will be young in a few years so it may not be of good use.

The candidates would be Bass, Lee or Terry. I say use it on Jason Terry right now.

Bass and Sully have some value to us if we can land a big man. Lee can easily be part of a trade.

No!

Only Pierce, Bradley, and Rondo can be amnestied.

Bass, Lee, and Terry CAN'T be amnestied.

[/QUOTE]

^^^^^

This

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Still shocks me that some people are so ignorant to CBA rules that have been mentioned on this board OVER and OVER

goodness, posters still think we can amnesty Bass, Lee or Terry?? Where have you been the last 18 months bro? Thinking up these awesome Love and Pekovic for KG and Pierce trades I suppose, yeesh.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

Still shocks me that some people are so ignorant to CBA rules that have been mentioned on this board OVER and OVER

goodness, posters still think we can amnesty Bass, Lee or Terry?? Where have you been the last 18 months bro? Thinking up these awesome Love and Pekovic for KG and Pierce trades I suppose, yeesh.

Sorry that I don't know every detail of the CBA...especially when it just changed.

It cracks me up how some of you sit behind a computer and act tough but couldn't bust a grape. SMH! I've seen some of the trades you've proposed and trust me you'd be fired as a GM so don't think you haven't posted some ridiculous stuff on the board.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias's comment:

In response to rameakap's comment:

Sorry that I don't know every detail of the CBA...especially when it just changed.

It cracks me up how some of you sit behind a computer and act tough but couldn't bust a grape. SMH! I've seen some of the trades you've proposed and trust me you'd be fired as a GM so don't think you haven't posted some ridiculous stuff on the board.

Dude, don't come to the gunfight with a knife... its been 18-19 months since the CBA changed and this stuff is mentioned all the time. I'm pretty 'tough' as well, but obv its foolish to brag about how bad you are in real life to faceless people on the internet.

90% of my trade ideas are realistic and fair to both teams so you can pretend all you want that I make dumb ones as well, but really, I don't. You, DaCeltics and a handful of others constantly make trades that are so one sided for the C's its laughable.

Sections
Shortcuts