Should Chris Broussard and such fossils be fired for their outdated views on JASON COLLINS?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: Should Chris Broussard and such fossils be fired for their outdated views on JASON COLLINS?

Hes stating his opinion and position on the matter, much like many supporting JC being gay. If Chris is Christian and believes in the Bible and feels JC being gay goes agasint his religious beliefs, why cant he state his opinion??   Is he lesser than JC?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: Should Chris Broussard and such fossils be fired for their outdated views on JASON COLLINS?

In response to BostonProSportsLover's comment:

In response to Karllost's comment:

Hes stating his opinion and position on the matter, much like many supporting JC being gay. If Chris is Christian and believes in the Bible and feels JC being gay goes agasint his religious beliefs, why cant he state his opinion??   Is he lesser than JC?

karlost, thanks for engaging. i respect opposing views, not just my own echo chamber. my issue is not so much with chris. he is what he is. my issue is with ESPN! how is this different than rob parker, al capanis, jimmy the greek, and others? look, times change. espn is a high profile platform. having a religious zealot b it an outspoken atheist, muslim or christian out there spouting offfensive personal stuff to a big chunk of your audience has to be unacceptable. chris is mixed, if someone went there and give their RELIGIOUS opinion of how its an insult to god to date interracially or marry that way, i dont think that would b acceptable TODAY and that person will b gone very quickly from that platform. i'm sure rob parker still works somewhere in sports minor leagues, which is where a broussard should b if he wants to continue mouthing off divisive and discriminatory personal views! 

I guess you must be watching espn exclusively... cable and network have zealots on all the time, thats what brings ratings these days unfortunately..

That aside, Chris is speaking to his religious beliefs...

Is is right we can tolerate those in supporting  JC being gay and holding a press conference to tell the world  but cannot be as tolerant to Chris for stating his point of view opposing that lifestyle?

Who's the judge in this?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

No he shouldn't be fired. He didn't come out making insults to the man but just stated facts from the bible. As Jason Collins came out and told the world he's gay Chris Broussard stated he is a christian and it is against his beliefs. Called freedom of speech. nothing outdated about this other having to be politically correct in how things are stated. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jhol. Show jhol's posts

deleted my post and moved it to a more appropriate topic

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

umm no you don't fire him because Chris' myopic views on this issue are well known. 

If you want to fire someone, fire the Outside the Lines producer that invited Chris on the air knowing exactly what he would say. It's shameful of ESPN to stir up controversy by inviting Chris' onto the show the day this happened and then to throw him under the bus later for doing exactly what they knew he would do. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Though I strongly disagree with what  he said, Broussard shouldn't be fired or suspended. That's  his opinion, however bassackwards I consider it to be.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

Deleted out of respect to jhol

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to jhol's comment:

You mean the  one in which you linked  homosexuality to beastiality? Can't imagine where that would be appropriate.

Bluto wants his avatar back.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jhol. Show jhol's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

You mean the  one in which you linked  homosexuality to beastiality? Can't imagine where that would be appropriate.

Bluto wants his avatar back.

I did not link the two.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I did not link the two.

Right.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to ANONMD08's comment:

No he shouldn't be fired. He didn't come out making insults to the man but just stated facts from the bible. As Jason Collins came out and told the world he's gay Chris Broussard stated he is a christian and it is against his beliefs. Called freedom of speech. nothing outdated about this other having to be politically correct in how things are stated. 

no offense, but there are no facts in the bible.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to basketbert's comment:

In response to ANONMD08's comment:

no offense, but there are no facts in the bible.

+ infinity

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from docomospur. Show docomospur's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

umm no you don't fire him because Chris' myopic views on this issue are well known. 

If you want to fire someone, fire the Outside the Lines producer that invited Chris on the air knowing exactly what he would say. It's shameful of ESPN to stir up controversy by inviting Chris' onto the show the day this happened and then to throw him under the bus later for doing exactly what they knew he would do. 

Leave it to BTS to shed a balanced light on the issue.  I find it sad that Chris has such narrow beliefs, but you shouldn't crucify him for it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to docomospur's comment:

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

Leave it to BTS to shed a balanced light on the issue.  I find it sad that Chris has such narrow beliefs, but you shouldn't crucify him for it.

Chris finds it sad that JC has such sinful beliefs, should he be crucified for that because you disagree with him?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skins and Heart. Show Skins and Heart's posts

Chris ought to make sure he doesn't live in a glass house.

I tend to find that historically some of the most vocal people who attack homosexuals have something to hide sexually, or are generally affraid of homosexuals. 

The whole religious thing is inane. I recall seeing pictures like this. And the carriers also backed themselves up with "the Bible".  Crazy then and crazy now.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Look, being a homosexual has never been mainstream..its the reason som epeople are making a big deal out of JC's announcement.  As you must be aware, many religions find homosexuality unacceptable... so people of that faith will naturally react negatively//

What you are attempting to do is force your view of things onto everyone else. Since you believe we are in an era where gay men are part of the norm, you feel everyone should jump on board or be labeled intolerant or whatever.

Try practicing the tolerance for others legit opinions and beliefs that  youre advocating for JC and homosexuality

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to BostonProSportsLover's comment:

In response to Karllost's comment:

Look, being a homosexual has never been mainstream..its the reason som epeople are making a big deal out of JC's announcement.  As you must be aware, many religions find homosexuality unacceptable... so people of that faith will naturally react negatively//

What you are attempting to do is force your view of things onto everyone else. Since you believe we are in an era where gay men are part of the norm, you feel everyone should jump on board or be labeled intolerant or whatever.

Try practicing the tolerance for others legit opinions and beliefs that  youre advocating for JC and homosexuality

OF COURSE GAYS ARENT MAINSTREAM. JUST 2% of population, like vegans or atheists or nontheieists or something. about tolerance and public acceptance! christians clearly have been publicly accepted.. how many times u hear i wanna thank my lord and savior jesus christ after every game or my wife, my  girl.. bla bla.. u ever hear a ballplayer say i want to thank my boyfriend, my partner? or how about my atheism or thank god for making me an arheist?

Its actually more like 10% but no matter you are right.... I am sick of people using the bible as a fall back for bigotry and hatred... isnt it odd that the same people who say the bible is their guide for morality but they will have sex before marriage, cheat on their spouses, have abortions etc ...its laughable

Sections
Shortcuts