Should Cs Position Themselves for a Shot at Andrew Wiggins (2014)?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: Should Cs Position Themselves for a Shot at Andrew Wiggins (2014)?

In response to vtfanofcs' comment:

David Stern wouldn't send the #1 pick to Boston anyway.

David Stern will be retired!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to BCSP's comment:

In response to PHX85014's comment:

NO !

Look what happened to the Knicks when they waited around for LeBron

What is the alternative? Stay the course! Be a 7th or 8th seed for the next several years! 

Boring - when you see a brass ring, at a minimum, you should attempt to grab it!

Don't worry, as long as there's no KG and no Pierce, the Celts will be in the hunt for Wiggins.

Fierce - I hope you are right! AW would look great in Green!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias's comment:

We would have to have to trade Rondo, Green and start Melo to be that bad to have a chance at Wiggins. The Globe's server would crash from the posts in this forum.

Herein lies the problem.  To be bad enough to compete for the number pick, you will have to be very bad indeed.  The eastern conference is terrible....and if this kid is that good, the already bad teams will tank to ensure that they have the best possible shot.  You'll have to be 15 win bad to have a shot at this kid...and a Rondo, Green, Sully nucleus is not 15 win bad in the eastern conference.  It's 25-30 win bad.  That's why I'm hoping they get Carter-Williams in the draft this year - give Rondo all the time in the world to comeback healthy.  While he's mending, turn the franchise over to your rookie point guard - that'll ensure alot of losses as well as get your future point guard alot of experience.  Hopefully, you can end up with a top five pick from this and then maybe you can spin that pick plus Rondo and move up to the top 2.  This team without KG and PP is not 15 win bad, which is not good enough to be bad enough.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to PHX85014's comment:

NO !

Look what happened to the Knicks when they waited around for LeBron

What is the alternative? Stay the course! Be a 7th or 8th seed for the next several years! 

Boring - when you see a brass ring, at a minimum, you should attempt to grab it!

Don't worry, as long as there's no KG and no Pierce, the Celts will be in the hunt for Wiggins.

Fierce - I hope you are right! AW would look great in Green!

Of course I think he also said we could get Howard and Austin Rivers as well.  I have no idea how anyone can "position themselves" to get this guy. For one you don't know how long he will be in college,  you have to be in the lottery,  (if he plays well in college).  There are so many variables it is pretty much impossible to figure out something like this.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

We would have to have to trade Rondo, Green and start Melo to be that bad to have a chance at Wiggins. The Globe's server would crash from the posts in this forum.

Herein lies the problem.  To be bad enough to compete for the number pick, you will have to be very bad indeed.  The eastern conference is terrible....and if this kid is that good, the already bad teams will tank to ensure that they have the best possible shot.  You'll have to be 15 win bad to have a shot at this kid...and a Rondo, Green, Sully nucleus is not 15 win bad in the eastern conference.  It's 25-30 win bad.  That's why I'm hoping they get Carter-Williams in the draft this year - give Rondo all the time in the world to comeback healthy.  While he's mending, turn the franchise over to your rookie point guard - that'll ensure alot of losses as well as get your future point guard alot of experience.  Hopefully, you can end up with a top five pick from this and then maybe you can spin that pick plus Rondo and move up to the top 2.  This team without KG and PP is not 15 win bad, which is not good enough to be bad enough.

I'm a Syracuse fan and you don't Carter-Williams. He is 3 years away..., high dribble, can't shoot and suspect defense. I don't think we can afford to go PG with Rondo and TWill already on the roster. Give it to TWill until Rondo is ready.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to jfaust1954's comment:

Looks like a trash talkin' punk to me....and he's dunking on high school kids...and no, they won't get in line for this kid..LeBron was already what as a senior, 240lbs?...there's a huge difference between 240 and 195.

Hmmmm! Isn't KG the biggest trash talker in the League? Talking trash is fine as long as you can back it up!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

I'm a Syracuse fan and you don't Carter-Williams. He is 3 years away..., high dribble, can't shoot and suspect defense. I don't think we can afford to go PG with Rondo and TWill already on the roster. Give it to TWill until Rondo is ready.

Can't shoot and suspect defense?  Sounds like Rondo.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Wiggins is the real deal. He will be one and done in college and the #1 pick in next years draft. We need to do whatever it takes to have a chance at getting him!! Think bad, real bad, 16 and 66 bad.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

Wiggins is the real deal. He will be one and done in college and the #1 pick in next years draft. We need to do whatever it takes to have a chance at getting him!! Think bad, real bad, 16 and 66 bad.

+1 I am with you! The Cs should go all in!!!

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

The 2014 draft is two drafts away.  Lets worry about this draft.  You all have forgotten the second pick in that draft anyway, as stated in the Wiggins article, Jabari Parker was considered the Lebron of that class before Wiggins moved into that class.  The top two teams in that draft will win huge on draft day.  But lets focus on this draft and this season and let the chips fall where they may.  I have never been one to want a team I like and have a passion for to tank or trade away all for a glimmer of hope that by chance we get some phenom that may or may not pan out (ie Oden) or simply my teams card in the lottery wasn't pulled out of that F ing wheel at the right time.  You make all those moves and you don't get either player and then you are left with nothing but another 20 years of complete and utter futility.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to red2004sox's comment:

The 2014 draft is two drafts away.  Lets worry about this draft.  You all have forgotten the second pick in that draft anyway, as stated in the Wiggins article, Jabari Parker was considered the Lebron of that class before Wiggins moved into that class.  The top two teams in that draft will win huge on draft day.  But lets focus on this draft and this season and let the chips fall where they may.  I have never been one to want a team I like and have a passion for to tank or trade away all for a glimmer of hope that by chance we get some phenom that may or may not pan out (ie Oden) or simply my teams card in the lottery wasn't pulled out of that F ing wheel at the right time.  You make all those moves and you don't get either player and then you are left with nothing but another 20 years of complete and utter futility.

Good point BUT what are the alternative options? Stand pat? Draft in the middle of the 1st round every year? Hope Lebron signs on in 2014? 

The Cs are about winning championships, not making the playoffs as an 8th seed!

In 2014 they can position themselves for a shot at a phenom! A future LebRon equalizer! 

Take the shot Danny! Take the shot!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

My thought is you get yourself in position year by year and not put all your eggs in one basket on a wing and a prayer.  There are a lot of moves (more than we know that are on a board in Danny's office) that can change the pieces to the celtics puzzle that could positively affect the future of this team.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Good point BUT what are the alternative options? Stand pat? Draft in the middle of the 1st round every year? Hope Lebron signs on in 2014? 

The Cs are about winning championships, not making the playoffs as an 8th seed!

In 2014 they can position themselves for a shot at a phenom! A future LebRon equalizer! 

Take the shot Danny! Take the shot!!

I think this is our best option, and probably our quickest way to get back in the hunt!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

My thought is you get yourself in position year by year and not put all your eggs in one basket on a wing and a prayer.  There are a lot of moves (more than we know that are on a board in Danny's office) that can change the pieces to the celtics puzzle that could positively affect the future of this team.

The draft is the draft! DA should trade skilled assets, develop young players, and take a shot at getting a potential franchise player! 

If you don't get him, chances are the Cs still get a good player! AND at least they tried!! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

I believe I can fly, I believe I can touch the sky!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Oh no he didn't!

21 Reasons Everyone Is Talking About Andrew Wiggins

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Oh yes he did!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

If it is defense that you want!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

What ever he wants, when ever he wants it!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Wow!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Tough to defend that shot!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Are the Globe Trotters in town?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Make what ever moves are necessary to have a shot at this kid! If you don't get him, at least the Cs tried to shorten their 10-15 year rebuilding process!