Should C's Sign Shaq? Poll

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Re: Should C's Sign Shaq? Poll

In Response to Re: Should C's Sign Shaq? Poll:
    In Response to Should C's Sign Shaq? Poll : Isn't this whole thread hypocritical?  Playing GM, are we Rajon? The following in an excerpt from Rondowski's "home Page": What gits me is when deys playing GM’s an makin trades, dats when dey really shos dere ignorance. This “GM think” precludes a fan from really loving the team for who they are just as this type of thinking precludes people from accepting themselves for who they are. It’s a type of neurosis Whatever you say!! Also in his "About Me" section, he ridicules all of us as either unsophisticated or dimwits, while touting himself as the next Hemingway.  See, he COULD use good grammar and spelling if he wants to, but he's trying to "dummy it down" for us dimwits.  This guy is not your friend.  No one with that high an opinion of themselves can ever really be trusted.  He complains to us about whining, then whines to the moderators about deleted posts.  I read them, they were all the same rant - THEY DON'T LIKE THOSE Rajon.  If it's deleted once, they must have a reason.  Your stubbornness and your insistence you've done nothing wrong is almost martini-esque in its' pathology.  You complained about his pictures, then you go and make the same post after it is deleted.  That is the very definition of hypocrisy. Get over yourself, you violated some rule (multiple times), and you got caught.  It's happened to most of us on here.  You don't re-post a deleted post.  Just trying to help you out, son! By the way, nice quotes.  It's either identity theft, or you are mocking me.  Either way it is not funny, get your own quotes.
    Posted by BirdandCowens

Geez, another personal attack on me. What a man of great character and integrity.

And you outed me?  Like Pud did on the Taint thread?  You can't "expose" something that is not a secret.

My profile page has been open to the public since day one for anyone to read.

You'd do better to stick to the topic and stop the personal attacks.

We're just having fun here seeing how people on this board feel about the possibility of signing Shaq.  No one's playing GM, at least not me.

You are too funny . . . and ya must be angry too, to make a post like that.  Tsk. tsk.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

I saw we sign "The Big Leprechaun"!!!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from laker4eva. Show laker4eva's posts

Shaq's going to the Hawks.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Re: Should C's Sign Shaq? Poll : Rajon to jofc:  "we like the trolls to post here." Rajon to DottieBDC:" we are enjoying the relatively troll free enviornment, thanks Dottie." Rajon to the members of this forum: "censorship is wrong, and don't repond to the post if you don't agree.  I have all the trolls on ignore." Rajon to DottieBDC: "thanks for getting rid of martini's pictures, it was I who alerted you to them in the first place." Yes, as MY quote says, "character is who you are when no one is watching."  So, we all know what kind of character you have now. Rajon in his "About Me" page: when they play GM, it shows they don't know what they're talking about, and it's a neurosis. When Rajon plays GM, as on this thread:  "I'm not playing GM, it's all in fun." Now, non-GM Rondowski wants to know how we feel about Delonte West, a thread that was discussed ad nauseum yesterday. We have the Celtics version of martini here.  "I will tell you what to do and what not to do, but don't you dare question me, you don't have my intelligence."  Did I get that right, Mr. Lowell? I am personally offended by your home page.  I am personally offended that you STOLE my quotes, and pass them off as your own.  And, speaking for many people here, we are tired of your "meathead Stivik" act.  Speak properly, or go start your own forum - for the (alleged, we have NO proof) intellectually gifted. 
    Posted by BirdandCowens

-

Please, Sir, watch yer blood pressure.  I'd hate to see you blow a gasket and keel over frum a hart attack er stroke er sumting. 

I'd hate ta be da one responsible fer sumting liks dat. 

Lighten up and have some fun on the board, that's what I'm doing.

Wink

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Re: Should C's Sign Shaq? Poll : I was having fun on this board long before you.  Remove my quotes from your posts and I will leave you alone.  That is really low class!!
    Posted by BirdandCowens

You can't own someone's quotes.

I will give them back if you make a two part public apology on the Tainted Championship thread:

1.  to the forum at large for advocating censorship by lobbying for removal of that thread.

and

2.  a personal apology to me for attacking, insulting, and harassing me on this board.

Do this in good faith, then I will consider giving you "your quotes" back. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

In Response to Re: Should C's Sign Shaq? Poll : You can't own someone's quotes. I will give them back if you make a two part public apology on the Tainted Championship thread: 1.  to the forum at large for advocating censorship by lobbying for removal of that thread. and 2.  a personal apology to me for attacking, insulting, and harassing me on this board. Do this in good faith, then I will consider giving you "your quotes" back. 
    Posted by RajonRondowski

Pass!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Re: Should C's Sign Shaq? Poll : Pass!
    Posted by BirdandCowens

-

Character is also who you are when everyone is watching.

RajonRondowski

Like deleting you own post out of embarrassment.

In Response to Re: Should C's Sign Shaq? Poll : I was having fun on this board long before you.  Remove my quotes from your posts and I will leave you alone.  That is really low class!!
    Posted by BirdandCowens

Enough.  Stay on topic and be of good character. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Should C's Sign Shaq? Poll : You have serious issues, son!
    Posted by BirdandCowens[/QUOTE]

-

Mmn, guess so.

But I can stay on topic.

With 47 votes in, and I like the uneven number, we got an 80.8% landslide in favor of signing Shaq.

That's a pretty good turnout.  I think we can call it for signing Shaq. 

But the polls are still open so cast your vote.  Let's get a definitive opinion on this subject.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Should C's Sign Shaq? Poll : Half way up the page, you wrote: No one's playing GM, at least not me . I'm sure Danny will be interested in your poll result.  Yep, that should sway his opinion one way or the other. Hey Danny, hypocrit-ski says sign Shaq.  It's a kind of neurosis. Danny will have as much interest as David Stern will in your ridiculous and frivolous lawsuit that will never see the inside of a courtroom. You are wasting people's time here.  We lost, they won, grow up and move on!

-

Sir, what the heck are you talking about?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Should C's Sign Shaq? Poll : Jes tellin al dees peeps dat yu da bigga badda hypcrite!

-

I tinks dat U shuld consider da possibilities dat yer tellin da peopls more about yerself den U R about me. 

Dey kin read my profile page and learn as much as dey want 2 dere, and ifin deys got any questions dey kin feel free ta send me a message on my profile page.

U jus cain't stay on topic, ken ya?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Can't believe some guys wouldn't have him. If he's willing to accept the Garnett, Pierce and Allen philosophy of 'team' basketball you should sign him ASAP. He'd be such an asset coming of the bench for the Celtics.

Reminds me of when you guys were in a position to sign Walton in 1985. Go for it!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

[QUOTE]Can't believe some guys wouldn't have him. If he's willing to accept the Garnett, Pierce and Allen philosophy of 'team' basketball you should sign him ASAP. He'd be such an asset coming of the bench for the Celtics. Reminds me of when you guys were in a position to sign Walton in 1985. Go for it!
    Posted by RUWorthy[/QUOTE]
     It's nice to see a Laker fan here with good manners. Good comment and welcome back anytime.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

Maybe if you can get him for a drastically reduced price.  I think his total game is all the way down to B or B-.  At one time he was an A+ player.  He is 38 yrs. old.  In general he is too slow for the playoffs.  Not good defensively in the pick and roll.  On offense he looked uncoordinated in close to the basket.  Missing too many 1-3 foot shots.  Maybe his thumbs were still hurt.  He can't run the floor.  Can't shoot from the outside.  Foul throw shooting has improved but is still questionable.  I don't know ??  I could be wrong.  Maybe get him to be situational or a 10 minute a playoff game center.  He can still rebound, get some slam dunks and body up to players on defense in the post.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I'm assuming that Shaq would not be happy playing only 10 minutes in a playoff game. I'm responding to the post by Cavaliersfan. A person with as strong of a personality and as big as an ego that Shaq has, he's going to have to play enough minutes to keep him happy. I would not want a disgruntled Shaq on the C's. It would be bad for team morale. If the C's could give Shaq enough minutes to keep him happy, than I think he would be good for the team.
       With Perk out for at least half the season, the C's need to pick up a good backup center. Shaq is by far the best out there.
        The good news about Shaq this summer is I've heard he's lost weight and has been on an effective training program. Maybe Big Baby should call Shaq and talk to him about his training program because losing about 30 lbs would help Big Baby's game also. B.B would be able to jump better if he lost about 30 lbs. B.B lead the league in getting his shot blocked per minute last season.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]Can't believe some guys wouldn't have him. If he's willing to accept the Garnett, Pierce and Allen philosophy of 'team' basketball you should sign him ASAP. He'd be such an asset coming of the bench for the Celtics. Reminds me of when you guys were in a position to sign Walton in 1985. Go for it!
    Posted by RUWorthy[/QUOTE]

James Worthy was what in our family was refereed to as a "Certified Celtic Killer"  I've seen all those old games with the short shorts and they were awesome.  Worthy was as fluid a ballplayer as I've seen.

And I agree with you, it'a no brainer.  And 80.3% out of 51 voters, as of this post, agree.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

[QUOTE]Great, anyone have Danny's cell number?  I'm sure he'd be happy to hear this!
       Why does it annoy you when fans discuss roster scenarios? It's not mean or insulting anyone in anyway. It's just harmless, idle talk.
        Of course we know were not G.M's. It's just fun thinking and talking about it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ojmega. Show ojmega's posts

YES they better do it now then later, before someone else realizes a big is needed in there plans, even though he doesnt fit in our plans for the long run right  now our bigs are depleted and if they stick him in the game try to slow the game down if possible so he can be part of the offense. We are sleeping in getting this GIANT.

watch if someone grabs him later people are going to be complaining why didnt they sign shaq?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ojmega. Show ojmega's posts

[QUOTE]I'm assuming that Shaq would not be happy playing only 10 minutes in a playoff game. I'm responding to the post by Cavaliersfan. A person with as strong of a personality and as big as an ego that Shaq has, he's going to have to play enough minutes to keep him happy. I would not want a disgruntled Shaq on the C's. It would be bad for team morale. If the C's could give Shaq enough minutes to keep him happy, than I think he would be good for the team.    With Perk out for at least half the season, the C's need to pick up a good backup center. Shaq is by far the best out there.     The good news about Shaq this summer is I've heard he's lost weight and has been on an effective training program. Maybe Big Baby should call Shaq and talk to him about his training program because losing about 30 lbs would help Big Baby's game also. B.B would be able to jump better if he lost about 30 lbs. B.B lead the league in getting his shot blocked per minute last season.
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ojmega. Show ojmega's posts

[QUOTE]I'm assuming that Shaq would not be happy playing only 10 minutes in a playoff game. I'm responding to the post by Cavaliersfan. A person with as strong of a personality and as big as an ego that Shaq has, he's going to have to play enough minutes to keep him happy. I would not want a disgruntled Shaq on the C's. It would be bad for team morale. If the C's could give Shaq enough minutes to keep him happy, than I think he would be good for the team.    With Perk out for at least half the season, the C's need to pick up a good backup center. Shaq is by far the best out there.     The good news about Shaq this summer is I've heard he's lost weight and has been on an effective training program. Maybe Big Baby should call Shaq and talk to him about his training program because losing about 30 lbs would help Big Baby's game also. B.B would be able to jump better if he lost about 30 lbs. B.B lead the league in getting his shot blocked per minute last season.
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]
    BBD has the body that Barkley had but taller than barkley and he can watch those games his athleticism should be in ?, he can be so much better than he is right now.....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Should C's Sign Shaq? Poll :    Why does it annoy you when fans discuss roster scenarios? It's not mean or insulting anyone in anyway. It's just harmless, idle talk.     Of course we know were not G.M's. It's just fun thinking and talking about it.
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

I discuss roster moves all the times.  I know you read my posts.  IT doesn't bother or annoy  me .....HE does.

RR-ski (on his home page, go look for yourself if you don't believe me) calls us all intellectually inferior to him, at no time more than when we play GM.  He doesn't do it, says he, then he starts threads like this.

Difference - if YOU started a thread like this, I would contribute and have no problem.

When HE does it, it's hypocritical...........................he thinks he's smarter than you, too, check out his home page!!

For the record, I have been saying sign the Big Lug for two weeks.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Should C's Sign Shaq? Poll : I discuss roster moves all the times.  I know you read my posts.  IT doesn't bother or annoy  me .....HE does. RR-ski (on his home page, go look for yourself if you don't believe me) calls us all intellectually inferior to him, at no time more than when we play GM.  He doesn't do it, says he, then he starts threads like this. Difference - if YOU started a thread like this, I would contribute and have no problem. When HE does it, it's hypocritical...........................he thinks he's smarter than you, too, check out his home page!! For the record, I have been saying sign the Big Lug for two weeks.

-
    Shaq's stock rises!

Shaq's stock has risen to the point where nealy 88% of the 51 voters approve of the C's signing Shaq.

Ps. Hats off to anyone who can wade through the writing on my profile page and come out hating me as much as you do.  you are a rare bird.

Cool      But I get it:  BirdandCowans  good  --  Rondowski bad.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Should C's Sign Shaq? Poll : - Shaq's stock rises! Shaq's stock has risen to the point where nealy 88% of the 51 voters approve of the C's signing Shaq. Ps. Hats off to anyone who can wade through the writing on my profile page and come out hating me as much as you do.  you are a rare bird.              But I get it:  BirdandCowans  good  --  Rondowski bad.
    Posted by RajonRondowski[/QUOTE]

First of all, it's C-O-W-e-N-S.

Secondly, I do not hate you or any one else.  I just find your methods for getting your point across highly suspect.  Your "English" posts have some merit to them and actually are not a bad read.  Your "Polish" posts are not worth the read at all.  As a teacher, I also do not like it when I read I am not an intelligent person "worthy" of having a conversation with you.  That is insulting and demeaning. I have had basketball discussions with John Wooden, Pat Summit, Bob Cousy and KC Jones, I think I'm more than qualified to talk to you.  I've also been a ref since 1982, so I know all your banter on the refs is basically pointless.  Probably (?) justified, but nothing can/will be done. On that point, we disagree.  You claim to want to have fun on the board, with a little friendly "banter", but then become sarcastic when the "banter" turns into disagreement.  IF, in fact, you are 19, then you are still just a kid, and as my father told me at 20 - you still don't know anything.  From my experiences, I'm really trying to help you - I was a lot like you when I was younger, but then I realized, fight the fights you can win - pick your spots - advice my mom gave me when I got married.  AND, don't tell people they are intellectually inferior to you - or steal their quotes.....:)

Have a good night, enjoyed chatting with you - Shaq yes, Delonte, no - lawsuit - Dream On!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Should C's Sign Shaq? Poll : First of all, it's C-O-W-e-N-S. Secondly, I do not hate you or any one else.  I just find your methods for getting your point across highly suspect.  Your "English" posts have some merit to them and actually are not a bad read.  Your "Polish" posts are not worth the read at all.  As a teacher, I also do not like it when I read I am not an intelligent person "worthy" of having a conversation with you.  That is insulting and demeaning. I have had basketball discussions with John Wooden, Pat Summit, Bob Cousy and KC Jones, I think I'm more than qualified to talk to you.  I've also been a ref since 1982, so I know all your banter on the refs is basically pointless.  Probably (?) justified, but nothing can/will be done. On that point, we disagree.  You claim to want to have fun on the board, with a little friendly "banter", but then become sarcastic when the "banter" turns into disagreement.  IF, in fact, you are 19, then you are still just a kid, and as my father told me at 20 - you still don't know anything.  From my experiences, I'm really trying to help you - I was a lot like you when I was younger, but then I realized, fight the fights you can win - pick your spots - advice my mom gave me when I got married.  AND, don't tell people they are intellectually inferior to you - or steal their quotes.....:) Have a good night, enjoyed chatting with you - Shaq yes, Delonte, no - lawsuit - Dream On!!!

Thanks for just trying to hep me.

Yes, I got it, your msg, but I can't msg you back because your settings only allow friends to msg your profile page.

Just go to taint thread, post # 595, and answer there.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

-

50 out of 61 votes, fer 82%?  I's callin dis fer Shaq.

He wuz up ta 88% procent but den some late votahs, frum da Tea Party prolly, came an took a toll on his poll.

But I's nevah seen a poll draw 61 votes on dis bored B 4.

Danny, R U listin, Man?

Da peoples has spoken and den sum!!!

Sign Da Shaq.