Should Doc be replaced if Pierce/Garnett retire or leave for another team

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

Re: Should Doc be replaced if Pierce/Garnett retire or leave for another team

In response to Louisio's comment:

Continuity and stability are vastly undervalued in sports. What's happending now is natural, and expected. No reason to make it into a panic situation, which is what it will look like if they fire Doc. Players get older, and their health and talent deteriorate. It happens. Fact is this team is in a much better position to transition into a new era than it was at the end of the Bird era. No reason whatsoever Doc needs to go unless there's a clear upgrade available, and I don't see anybody on the horizon who's a better coach. Dump salary, bring in someobdy like Big Al, get Rondo and Sully healthy, make one or two other tweaks, and see what happens. Guarantee you there's not another coach for hire players would prefer to play for more than Doc Rivers.

nobody will fire doc...he will leave on his own terms...he will make that desition///

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Doc should let Ainge know ASAP.

If DOc is gone my wishes in order.

1-Brian Shaw
    2-Nate McMillan
    3-Tyronne Lue
    4-John Calipari
    5-Thibs if they don't give him an extension

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

If Doc goes you will all be crying for him, just like with Rondo.  Doc is a good coach and has juggled players to make it work.   Ainge let Posey, Tony Allen, Nate Robinson and Perkins go.  Perkins just left at a terrible time and Rondo tanked the rest of the season. Ainge brought Nate here but traded him, but Posey and Tony Allen each might have brought another championship.  I would rather have Doc than Danny. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

birdLewisBias, shaw's got some dicey contract history with the celtics. he won't be happening. i'd be happy enough w/ mcMillan, but either van gundy - preferably jeff - would be my initial choices. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to raider3524's comment:

nobody will fire doc...he will leave on his own terms...he will make that desition///

right, well, this is what happens when you have general mgt with the consistency of a wet noodle and ineffective jock sniffing ownership.  things hang around that shouldn't.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

If Doc goes you will all be crying for him, just like with Rondo.  Doc is a good coach and has juggled players to make it work.   Ainge let Posey, Tony Allen, Nate Robinson and Perkins go.  Perkins just left at a terrible time and Rondo tanked the rest of the season. Ainge brought Nate here but traded him, but Posey and Tony Allen each might have brought another championship.  I would rather have Doc than Danny. 

i agree- and so that should have made precious rajon top trading material the next year, since he WOULD go ahead and tank the season if he did not approve of personnel moves.  personnel manager is not rondo's job- playing the point guard is.  fast forward two more years and precious rajon was more out of control than ever before he got hurt and we were able to see that there actually was some speed and ability on our roster that he had been doing a great job obscuring.....

bon voyage rondo and let doc retire into glory...  or whatever.  doc is not an NBA coach.  ainge stinks as a GM.  doc and danny combined to run a lot of valuable and CHEAP pieces out of town that could have made a difference if they stayed here the way they were. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I doubt Doc gets fired but,I think he is going to move on to a front office or back to TV. Doc is a decent coach that had some great players. Doc had a legit shot to win 2-3 rings with the team that was assembled and couldn't deliver. He ran off some players and just misused others,he had different rules for different players,he was never good at subbing players at the right time and he will never be labeled as innovative to say the least. This whole season I had a feeling that Doc was planning his exit,win, lose or draw I think this was going to be his last year 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

Doc should let Ainge know ASAP.

If DOc is gone my wishes in order.

1-Brian Shaw
    2-Nate McMillan
    3-Tyronne Lue
    4-John Calipari
    5-Thibs if they don't give him an extension

I like the top two on the list myself.

and I think that Doc leaves if KG and pierce are gone, also

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

Good post..

Remember what you hear from Doc in timeouts, mostly cheerleading and "cmons"... then take a listen to Pop or most others... Doc never learned coaching through coaching HS, college or assistant in the NBA... Doc left the NBA as a player and became head coach of an NBA team shortly thereafter. Is it surprising all you hear is cheerleading?

I keep forgetting you have full access to the huddles.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

You guys are delusional.

We did have 3 future hall of famers for several years, but we did not have the talent of 3 hall of fame players on the team for several years. All 3 were already past their prime in 2007-2008. And with their level of play from 2008 on, they would have NOT made the hall of fame.

IMO it is simple: We had the best team only once, in 2007-08, and the team, assembled by Ainge and led by Doc, deliverd. We never had the best team in the next years, not even close. We were unlucky with injuries, that is just part of the game. Otherwise we might have 1 or  2 more titles. 

Is Doc the best coach? No. Is Ainge the best GM ever? No. But they gave as a title after years of darkness and made us relevant for 5 years. Certainly they have done sth. right, isn't it? It is much more than other coaches and GMs achieved in the last years. There can be only one champion per year, not all other coaches and GMs are idiots.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

I have to agree with some of the posts. The Cs should have won more than one championship with the team they assembled. But I am not sure that is completely on DOC. Some injuries here and there and some poor trades hurt. Plus, some poor offiiciating. But time management really hurt in game 7 against the Lakers.

Doc and Rondo don't mix well. Never have, never will. And building a future club with these 2 will not work in my opinion.

It will be an interesting summer.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to antiqueman1's comment:

I have to agree with some of the posts. The Cs should have one more than one championship with the team they assembled. But I am not sure that is completely on DOC. Some injuries here and there and some poor trades hurt. Plus, some poor offiiciating. But time management really hurt in game 7 against the Lakers.

Doc and Rondo don't mix well. Never have, never will. And building a future club with these 2 will not work in my opinion.

It will be an interesting summer.

Since the last championship, R9R has emerged as the C's management's mealticket, expecting him to take over the team, be the face of the franchise and the go-to guy as the Big THree fades. 

Management, particularly doc, has invested tremendously in grooming R9R for the starring role he is not simply not suited for.

My guess is that if doc leaves, Rondo simply curls up into a fetal position and devolves.... so who leaves first?

Should be DA.

He created the mess.

Pud

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Ainge got us the title in 2008.  However he made incredible petty decisions with Posey, TA, Nate Robinson and poor timing with the trade of Perkins which made what seemed at least another title impossible with his stupid decisions. Didn't say his job was easy, but when you have a championship mentality you don't quibble over a few hundred thousand for Tony Allen, especially after doing the same with Posey and missing two more good years of him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

When Doc leaves, and I think he will.maybe DA will pull Red and have KG stay and be player/ coach. Then we buy out PP for the 5 mil and DA finds a loophole in the league rules and resigns PP for vet min and we use the cap space to sign :                , we win another title  and they ride off into the sunset on top. I know it ain't happening but,it would be nice.

Who knows everybody involved decides that when Rondo and Sully comes back they can make a run.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to Gasthoerer's comment:

You guys are delusional.

We did have 3 future hall of famers for several years, but we did not have the talent of 3 hall of fame players on the team for several years. All 3 were already past their prime in 2007-2008. And with their level of play from 2008 on, they would have NOT made the hall of fame.

IMO it is simple: We had the best team only once, in 2007-08, and the team, assembled by Ainge and led by Doc, deliverd. We never had the best team in the next years, not even close. We were unlucky with injuries, that is just part of the game. Otherwise we might have 1 or  2 more titles. 

Is Doc the best coach? No. Is Ainge the best GM ever? No. But they gave as a title after years of darkness and made us relevant for 5 years. Certainly they have done sth. right, isn't it? It is much more than other coaches and GMs achieved in the last years. There can be only one champion per year, not all other coaches and GMs are idiots.

So simple it's confusing to the simple minded.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

Good points about not resigning Posey and Tony Allen.  Although, Danny did say that he regrets not negotiating  with Tony Allen and allowing him to leave. 

Sections
Shortcuts