SHOULD J O'NEAL RETIRE

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: SHOULD J O'NEAL RETIRE

He wants a ring, no way he will retire before this season is over. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: SHOULD J O'NEAL RETIRE:
    JO should have retired last year. Erden is better.
    Posted by Kirk6

Would you retire if you could make his cash for two years?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Should you quit your job and give all your money back? Even when your boss (in this case Ainge) wants to pay you and believes you can come back?

Yao Ming hasn't even made a retirement decision yet. Why should JON? (Aside from the obvious reason of placating fans in this forum who think we should have a fantasy league roster where you can move players around at will.)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

NO! if he can come bak in 4 weeks and contribute, y would he? other guys have had that process successfully work. plus jo would be our 3rd or emergency center by the time he returns!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Even if he comes back and can contribute, I still would like to see the Celtics resign Rasheed.  Just not sure who they would cut to make this happen.   Jon has been very unrealiable for most of the season. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

First, lets give a round of applause to Eddie Lacerte & the Celtic medical staff. As usual, they seemed to have messed up once again.

Quote: "Ainge said O’Neal’s most recent troubles may have occurred because he came back prematurely."

Gee, where have we heard this before?

Next we may hear the same about KG.. nothing would surprise me.

JON shouldnt retire. Not because hes not the player he once was. Not because he came to camp out-of-shape.  He shouldnt retire cause it wouls stop his paycheck... and more importantly, its possible he can contribute to the Celtics later this season & playoffs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

First, lets give a round of applause to Eddie Lacerte & the Celtic medical staff. As usual, they seemed to have messed up once again. Quote: "Ainge said O’Neal’s most recent troubles may have occurred because he came back prematurely." Gee, where have we heard this before? Next we may hear the same about KG.. nothing would surprise me. JON shouldnt retire. Not because hes not the player he once was. Not because he came to camp out-of-shape.  He shouldnt retire cause it wouls stop his paycheck... and more importantly, its possible he can contribute to the Celtics later this season & playoffs.
    Posted by Karllost

LOL! That's too funny. Yeah Lacerte and the boys are at it again. Let's just hope they are right with the prognosis on West and Perk.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

As a player yes....he can still sit behind Doc in one of those observers seats along with Tyronne Lue and others. Does anyone have Rasheed's number?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I have a feeling that if Perk comes back behind schedule or looks tentative that Sheed gets the call.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

First, lets give a round of applause to Eddie Lacerte & the Celtic medical staff. As usual, they seemed to have messed up once again. Quote: "Ainge said O’Neal’s most recent troubles may have occurred because he came back prematurely." Gee, where have we heard this before? Next we may hear the same about KG.. nothing would surprise me. JON shouldnt retire. Not because hes not the player he once was. Not because he came to camp out-of-shape.  He shouldnt retire cause it wouls stop his paycheck... and more importantly, its possible he can contribute to the Celtics later this season & playoffs.
    Posted by Karllost
    It may be unfair to entirely blame Eddie Lacerte & Co. For one, JON consulted his own doctor in Miami. Secondly, JON is the best person to evaluate and determine his fitness to play. Even if he had been given the green light to resume playing by the training staff, JON could have begged off if he felt he wasn't yet ready. Regarding retirement, I think JON should seriously consider retirement if his 4-week rehab proves unsuccessful.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

In Response to Re: SHOULD J O'NEAL RETIRE : It may be unfair to entirely blame Eddie Lacerte & Co. For one, JON consulted his own doctor in Miami. Secondly, JON is the best person to evaluate and determine his fitness to play. Even if he had been given the green light to resume playing by the training staff, JON could have begged off if he felt he wasn't yet ready. Regarding retirement, I think JON should seriously consider retirement if his 4-week rehab proves unsuccessful.
    Posted by edcap99

Good points but he did just as I thought he would do. I keep saying he's milking this to get paid and get the ring. Now look he can't play, Ainge can't trade him, he's getting paid and his health is still up in the air. The C's can't move on by a trade or buyout.

I've never seen an injury where there is no tear, no structural damage, no surgery take this long to recover. I would monitor his rehab carefully and after 4 weeks I'm telling him there is going to be a injury settlement or buyout.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

If they can get him into any kind of playing shape before the season ends I certainly wouldn't mind him as a big off the C's bench come playoff time.  Maybe he should consider retirement at the end of the year, but as long as there is a chance that he can contribute then he'll stick around and the C's will want him to.  Never know when you're gonna need another body. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Absolutely not. He's only 32 years old. His knee has a minimal amount of torn cartilage. When healthy, Jermaine can still play well. He's expected to be back in 4 weeks. Even if it's a month before the playoffs it's ok. The C's need as many good and experienced bigs as they can get for the playoffs. It would be nice if Jermaine could come back healthy a month or so before the playoffs so he can get back into game shape by the time the playoffs start.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I really don't get the "C's need as many big men healthy as possible".

Ok, for who? What team can even match up size wise with Shaq, Perk, BBD, KG right now? I'm only concerned about Orlando in the East and then it would only be one team from the West.

In addition where are all these mins going to be spread out? In the playoffs there are no back to backs and travel is minimal. Even if he's healthy I just don't see the minutes being available.

I would definately keep an eye on Sheed and if there's any chance that Sheed looks to sign elsewhere like Orlando, I would sign him just to make sure they don't.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Bias, are you assuming that Perk is Perk right out of the gate?  Consider that Erden (bum shoulder, rookie playing 82+ games for the first time), Shaq (38 years old, injury history) and KG (injured the last 3 years, missing substantial time) may not all be available in spurts for the whole year.  And BBD is a good player, but he is at his best when he's not being asked to take on too many minutes. 

To me, the minutes thing is going to work itself out.  In the event KG, Shaq, Perk or Erden suffer a setback, I think it's a good thing that they have a rehabbing JON on the roster.  This C's team missed Perk in game 7 last year.  It's a calculated gamble keeping JON around to hedge against injury. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Unless we have season ending injuries Doc is going to make sure all are healthy come playoff time...even if it means starting PP at 5, RA at 4 and Nate at 3 for some games. LOL!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Bias, are you assuming that Perk is Perk right out of the gate?  Consider that Erden (bum shoulder, rookie playing 82+ games for the first time), Shaq (38 years old, injury history) and KG (injured the last 3 years, missing substantial time) may not all be available in spurts for the whole year.  And BBD is a good player, but he is at his best when he's not being asked to take on too many minutes.  To me, the minutes thing is going to work itself out.  In the event KG, Shaq, Perk or Erden suffer a setback, I think it's a good thing that they have a rehabbing JON on the roster.  This C's team missed Perk in game 7 last year.  It's a calculated gamble keeping JON around to hedge against injury. 
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn

That's the way I see it also. Injuries have been a big problem for the first half of the season. Who knows what will happen in the future, being the rest of the season.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

yea, after winning his 2nd Ring next year.

Sections
Shortcuts