should kg show up on the bench while celtics play home games.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigFive. Show TheBigFive's posts

Re: should kg show up on the bench while celtics play home games.

In Response to should kg show up on the bench while celtics play home games.:
    l think he should be for the energy he brings to this ball club.
    Posted by 3+pointer

Many reasons why he won't show up anytime soon:

First, we don't even really know the severity of the injury. No, I'm not trying to make the comparision between the last injury and this one, but afterall, he did limp off the court. I never really bought how icing was going to cure the last injury (even though that's what Ainge said) when he went down in Utah because when I saw the injury with my eyes wide open, I just knew it was much more than that. Same with this one, I'm not panicin but facing the ice cold fact.
    If he were to show up and the fans see that he's still limping, grimacing, not walking right, they sure are going to question Ainge's 2 week timeframe. KG won't show up until he can at least stand still and walk without limping like he did in the Chicago & Magic series.

The Celtics organization is much more secretive with KGs injury compared to any other player just because they understand the importance of this guy's health and how much his health means to the franchise chasing #18.
    For all we know from Ainge, he's out for 2 weeks and that's Ainge being on the conservative side. Why haven't we heard anything from any other player/coach/Ed since the MRI? That we don't know and we won't know because they won't say anything other than "hopefully he comes back fully healthy very soon." No information on the progress, no nothing.

For me, I will not be surprised at all if he doesn't come back even after the all-star break. They sure ain't going to force him to play knowing what happened last time they did that.
    I hope I'm wrong. Truly.
    In the meantime, I hope Rondo and Delonte come back sooner than expected, esp. Delonte. I understand Rondo is going to have to deal with his hammy and now ankle throughout the season, but boy this team should be in a much better survivor mode if we just had delonte.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I agree about KGs injury. The Celtics have been BS when it comes to telling the truth.  When KG went down in Utah I recall they said something similar to what they said this time. Here's one quote from the past:

Garnett was injured during a Feb. 19 game at Utah, an MRI the next day revealing nothing more than a muscle strain. He has since gotten a second opinion confirming there is no ligament damage, according to the source

Unfortunately the Celtics have a poor history of dealing with injuries and being forthright about their severity. As good as it was to hear KG would miss 2 weeks conservatively...theres a part of me that doubts whatever comes from the celtics.

Then kept playing Rondo with multiple injuries, including a hamstring which can become very serious. They brought KG back too soon after first telling us it was just a muscle strain. They keep talkin for the last couple years about needing to cut Rays minutes ...yet they still run him into the ground..

I got to wonder about the competency of the Celtic medical people or the stupidity of their basketball people.

Lets hope KGs injury is minor.. I think it is but nothing would surprise me

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I would like to see KG sitting on the bench during games, but do agree that if he is injured seriously, he won't show up for games anytime soon.  I am still remaining optimistic and hope that KG will be back soon.  We really need him and won't win anything without him.  It is very unfortunate that he won't be playing against the Spurs.  That is a very important game for both teams and if we are not healthy, it is not a good test of how well we will match up with them during the season. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

I disagree about KG's injury (he's back np 2-3 wks max) and I'd like to offer this comment pertaining to Celtic drs and KG's last injury.
    Maybe the reason revealing the true extent of his injury and the postpoment of a necessary surgery took place  was not because of the drs but because of KG.
    As competitive a player as he was, getting knocked out for the rest of the season might have been too much for him to handle.  Perhaps he was the one who insisted on trying to come back again and again until he had to finally face the reality his situation.  Perhaps the drs were initally just complying with the patient's wishes.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

they could have told us kg was out for two months, and we'd have been pleased. why tell us two weeks unless two weeks is accurate?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

For what it's worth it's been reported that KG has no limp at all right now.  This was announced right before the loss to the Hornets two nights ago. 

At least there's that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I would like to see KG on the bench, if for no other reason, that Pierce would be afraid of " not coming to play" if he had to face KG in the huddle!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

If KG does not show at games soon it would be a bad sign.  If he is not seriously injured he will be there on the bench.  If not, consider as it was in Utah two years ago there is a real problem.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from allen2034. Show allen2034's posts

All of you guys are over reacting...KG barely ever stay on the bench when not in uniform...even in minnesota...he only did it during the chicago series in 09....so every1 just chill out and stop hoping for the worst

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

K.G limped at first, but as he was walking to the locker room, he hardly had a limp. My guess is it's not serious or maybe it's just wishful thinking.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

In Response to Re: should kg show up on the bench while celtics play home games.:
     I would like to see KG on the bench, if for no other reason, that Pierce would be afraid of " not coming to play" if he had to face KG in the huddle!!
    Posted by kyceltic

dude, Pierce is the Captain, did you see him score 20 points in the first half and dunk over 2 guys today?  I don't think he needs any inspiration to bring it from KG or anyone else.

Sections
Shortcuts