Should Lee be starting instead of Bradley?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: Should Lee be starting instead of Bradley?

Bradley will play max minutes, will be talked up by the Celtic's brass, made to look like a defensive wizard, right up until they ship him out of town in a multi-player deal.  Remember the objective is not to win games, it is to get better.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to chris33's comment:

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

I also do not believe there is a real huge difference between Bradley and Lee.  Bradley's defense is better, but Lee ( at this point) is better offensively.  Maybe it would be good to start Lee to showcase him for a trade so we could unload his bad contract, but that's about it.  

Bradley is the one being showcased.

Ainge did not extend his contract.

No, they are trying to discover what they have in Bradley.  They are being smart.  Bradley will be a restricted free agent.  I suspect if someone gives him a Courtney Lee contract, then the Celtics will let him walk.  They'll let the market determine his value.  If you do not believe Ainge would love to be rid of Lee's contract, then you are insane.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Seriously, chris, you just contradicted yourself.

It was only last week that you wanted a backcourt of Crawford at PG and Lee at SG.

Now you want another change?

HAHAHA

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Doc and Stevens both love to go small, but only Doc is the idiot?

I can think of another one.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Bradley will play max minutes, will be talked up by the Celtic's brass, made to look like a defensive wizard, right up until they ship him out of town in a multi-player deal.  Remember the objective is not to win games, it is to get better.

Bingo.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

BOSTON -- The Boston Celtics can thank their bench for keeping the team close in Friday's loss to the Portland Trail Blazers. While Boston's first unit labored (the starters were a combined 14-of-42 shooting -- including 0-for-7 beyond the 3-point arc -- for a total of 39 points), the primary five-man reserve group headlined by Jared Sullinger combined to put up 57 points on 23-of-39 shooting (finishing 7-of-11 shooting beyond the arc).

Courtney Lee chipped in nine points for that second unit along with two assists, two blocks and a rebound over 17:20. Lee isn't playing big minutes this season, but he's making the most of his floor time. He remains one of Boston's most efficient offensive players, averaging 1.104 points per play, according to Synergy Sports data, and that ranks him in the 92nd percentile among all league players.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4708390/leftovers-lee-aids-reserve-squad?ex_cid=espnapi_public

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Lee is third on the team in PER, and he is bigger and a better offensive player than Bradley.

http://espn.go.com/nba/team/stats/_/name/bos/cat/PER/boston-celtics

If we go off PER, Sully should absolutely be starting over KO. Its not even close.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

Lee is third on the team in PER, and he is bigger and a better offensive player than Bradley.

If we go off PER, Sully should absolutely be starting over KO. Its not even close.

Bingo.

I am not even sure KO is an NBA player. He is not very good.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Bingo.

Oly is the only true rookie on the team, he is still learning but definitely can ball.  Give him time, Stevens will play him when he's getting it and bench him when he's cold but eventually he will put it together.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Bingo.

Wrong again.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Bingo.

Oly is the only true rookie on the team, he is still learning but definitely can ball.  Give him time, Stevens will play him when he's getting it and bench him when he's cold but eventually he will put it together.

I doubt it.

He is shooting 41% from the field and 16% for threes.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I doubt it.

I'm more concerned about his ability to stay in games, he is fouling like a rookie.  Shooting is less of an issue, his stats are skewed because he's had some horrid rookie performances, but he has also had some games where he shot the lights out and played within himself. 

Shooting is the least of my worries with him, you can't fake college shooting stats, the hoop is still ten feet high, the ball is still round, etc... also right now he has shot 13 free throws and hit them all.  His shot will come around...  he needs to stop turning the ball over, stop fouling out, I have faith he will, again he's a rookie making rookie mistakes but the talent is there.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

I doubt it.

I'm more concerned about his ability to stay in games, he is fouling like a rookie.  Shooting is less of an issue, his stats are skewed because he's had some horrid rookie performances, but he has also had some games where he shot the lights out and played within himself. 

Shooting is the least of my worries with him, you can't fake college shooting stats, the hoop is still ten feet high, the ball is still round, etc... also right now he has shot 13 free throws and hit them all.  His shot will come around...  he needs to stop turning the ball over, stop fouling out, I have faith he will, again he's a rookie making rookie mistakes but the talent is there.

Wozzy, I greatly respect your opinion, having known you all these years, but right now Olynyk makes Raef LaFrentz look good.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Is there still a question between Lee and Bradley?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

They're both backups... Bradley will get minutes because the entire league knows who Lee is.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

They're both backups... Bradley will get minutes because the entire league knows who Lee is.

Bradley gets minutes because he is the one they want to trade.

And Lee continues to play better than Bradley.

http://www.82games.com/1314/1314BOS.HTM

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Bradley gets minutes because he is the one they want to trade.

And Lee continues to play better than Bradley.

http://www.82games.com/1314/1314BOS.HTM

According to this Pressey is better than Lee.

You can't have it both ways.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I also do not believe there is a real huge difference between Bradley and Lee.  Bradley's defense is better, but Lee ( at this point) is better offensively.  Maybe it would be good to start Lee to showcase him for a trade so we could unload his bad contract, but that's about it.  

Bradley is the one being showcased.

Ainge did not extend his contract.

No, they are trying to discover what they have in Bradley.  They are being smart.  Bradley will be a restricted free agent.  I suspect if someone gives him a Courtney Lee contract, then the Celtics will let him walk.  They'll let the market determine his value.  If you do not believe Ainge would love to be rid of Lee's contract, then you are insane.

1+  ...in a nutshell.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

I doubt it.

Wozzy, I greatly respect your opinion, having known you all these years, but right now Olynyk makes Raef LaFrentz look good.

I don't suppose perspective is possible, but it is 20 games into his rookie year. Dirk Nowtizki shot a lower fg percentage his rookie year and was only 20% from the three. Luckily for Dallas you were not their GM. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Bingo.

Hey Kirk...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Anyone who thinks we should start Lee is completely missing the point of this season. The point here is to see what Bradley is made of - hopefully establish his value as a player either for us or as a trade asset. Ainge is looking to move Lee, we all know that, so why would he want Lee in a prominent role in the starting five?

Sections
Shortcuts