SHOULD PIERCE BE TRADED FOR GASOL?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

SHOULD PIERCE BE TRADED FOR GASOL?

i think this could work out as a one for one. gasol is bigger and younger but has 3 years left on his deal where as pp has only 2 left.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: SHOULD PIERCE BE TRADED FOR GASOL?

No, he's the captain of the team.  The chemistry of the team will only deteriorate.  We'd have an inside presence, but the team's heart will be gone as will many of the fans.  You think Perk's trade blew them apart?   Trade Pierce and they'll just have no loyalty for Danny and no energy to play.  

If you trade Paul, you might as well give away Ray and KG rather than watch what happens the rest of the season and watch what our young players learn about "being a Celtic" (ie. learn that it means absolutely NOTHING).

Ray you might survive.  Rondo we'd survive.  KG and Paul's trading would devastate the team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

And why would the Lakers want another 3 player with a contract beyond this year who only makes the team older?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

Good question. I saw on a blog where Adrian Wojornokoski(sp?) said he believes pierce will be traded before rondo. if they traded pierce instead of Rondo, the C's address their center/rebounding problem and keep their pg. rondo does a lot, and he has a lot of heart;however, I am tired of seeing teams not play him and double off on the other players. I would prefer they trade rondo to get gasol.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Seriously? You think the Lakers would even consider that?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I realize that PP is from the LA area and maybe even he wouldn't mind finishing his career there but there has to be some sense of loyalty in sports. I know that "business is business" but he just broke Bird's total scoring & is 2nd on the Cs...don't believe he'd catch Havilcek but I still I think he should retire a Celtic. And, also, many comments about team chemistry being affected could be true too.

I recommend trading Ray Allen and I have always loved him but he's a one dimensional mostly 3 pt shooter that occasionally drives to the basket. I am an older guy so I like seeing older athletes still compete but I can see him helping another team who doesn't need double teaming Allen so frequently so he can get free for his shots but he's still erratic. Remember in 7 games we lost to Lakers he got seven 3s in one half and ended up 8 for 11 breaking the record for playoffs. We won that game (4th or 5th I don't remember) but I'd have been happy if he didn't break the record and shot 1 or 2 of those 3s in Game 7 after we blew a 13 pt lead & he and others couldn't buy a basket in last couple of minutes as we got out rebounded too.

Can we get a Gasol, Gortat or Kaman just trading Allen, JO(please), and another plus a draft pick maybe in a multiple team deal ? I will live with missing looking at his pretty Mother. I'm a septuagenarian so she's still a young woman to me. Too much seriousness on many of these posts so I felt like adding some levity.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I've asked this on a couple of other threads: When was the last time the Celtics and Lakers made a mid-season trade?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrJohnnyMost. Show MrJohnnyMost's posts

Pierce & Ray for Gasol & Meta World??

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: SHOULD PIERCE BE TRADED FOR GASOL?:
    [QUOTE]Pierce and Gasol have contracts that expire on July 1, 2014.  Get your facts right!
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Fierce, just in case you're replying to my post....you've missed my point.  The point is not when their contracts end, the point is that if the Lakers are going to unload Gasol, they'll want a SHORTER contract so that they get some cap freedom.  This trade makes them older, shorter, and does not significantly improve their cap situation (Pierce makes a little less than Gasol, I'm guessing, but that's all).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I don't want to see Pierce traded.  He has played his entire career with the Celtics and it would be disappointing if he doesn't retire with the Celtics. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

We do not want Meta Whirled Peas.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SHOULD PIERCE BE TRADED FOR GASOL? : The first post of this thread said Gasol has 3 years left and Pierce only 2 left after this season.

Ahhh.  I see what you were responding to now.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

[QUOTE]Pierce & Ray for Gasol & Meta World??
    Posted by MrJohnnyMost[/QUOTE]good point but I THINK it will require pierce and bass for gasol and matt barnes (celts wanted him a time ago).. no way danny wants to part with a draft pick. ray and pp simply wont cut it since as the guy above said both their deals run out at the same time. lakes have serious 4th qtr issue. pp is a closer.. along with kobe, that would be a big time crunch time unit. plus pp can play some 2 and 4 depending on the situation.. RONDO IS UNTRADEABLE. we need guys who can run.. metta is a statue at this point, no use for us.. barnes has the talent  to run and gunheck he was successsful playing with NASH  in that crazy suns system.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SHOULD PIERCE BE TRADED FOR GASOL? : When was the last time running team won an NBA championship?  You want to run because you just want to be entertained?

We're probably going to see one this year!  The Miami Heat.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SHOULD PIERCE BE TRADED FOR GASOL? : You could be right. The key to beating the Heat is to outscore them. Lebron and Wade are unguardable, so you'd have to wear them out on the offensive end. Just like when Lebron scored 45 points against the Celts in Game 7, back in 2008, and still lost because Pierce also got 41 points. Once the game slows down the Heat will struggle because they don't have a dominant big man. If you can exploit Haslem and Joel Anthony you will beat the Heat. The Mavs already proved that. Dirk taking advantage of Haslem was the key to the Mavs success. 

Yes, that and you have to keep your turnovers down.  They depend on that for running almost as much as a rebound.   They are the favorites, but they can be beaten.   Not likely by us as currently constituted but they can be beat.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lhtak. Show lhtak's posts

I do not like big fat Gasol contract but Rondo/Pierce for Gasol is a good deal for both the teams. I do not think this would make the celtics contenders but it would be good for the long run. If we have Gasol, playing center, KG/Bass at PF, it will be a nightmare for other teams for 2-4 more years. We will still have draft picks, and enough $'s to entice players like DH or DWill.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SHOULD PIERCE BE TRADED FOR GASOL? : When was the last time running team won an NBA championship?  You want to run because you just want to be entertained?
    I'm sure it's been more recent than the last time the Celtics and Lakers had a mid-season trade.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SHOULD PIERCE BE TRADED FOR GASOL? : Celtics Trade Pierce & Rondo to Lakers for Gasol, Barnes, Morris & (2) #1 Picks http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1062960-nba-trade-deadline-are-the-lakers-celtics-the-perfect-trading-partners-yes/page/3 Lakers Trade Gasol, Morris and a No. 1 Pick to the Celtics for Rondo and O'Neal http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1062960-nba-trade-deadline-are-the-lakers-celtics-the-perfect-trading-partners-yes/page/2

I guess these guys at bleacherreport.com have to fill up the pagrs with something...These trades are not happening.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

If it happens (good post by the way), please obtain 2012 1st round draft pick (Dallas pick). It might take a throw in (Wilcox or JJJ)