SHOULD PIERCE BE TRADED FOR GASOL?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: SHOULD PIERCE BE TRADED FOR GASOL?

In Response to Re: SHOULD PIERCE BE TRADED FOR GASOL?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: SHOULD PIERCE BE TRADED FOR GASOL? : Celtics Trade Pierce & Rondo to Lakers for Gasol, Barnes, Morris & (2) #1 Picks http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1062960-nba-trade-deadline-are-the-lakers-celtics-the-perfect-trading-partners-yes/page/3 Lakers Trade Gasol, Morris and a No. 1 Pick to the Celtics for Rondo and O'Neal http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1062960-nba-trade-deadline-are-the-lakers-celtics-the-perfect-trading-partners-yes/page/2
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]
    http://bleacherreport.com/users/798683-trevor-jefferson

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

The Lakers are starting to play better. Gasol has been a major factor in this improvement. It's unlikely they will agree to such a trade, particularly since Pierce has not played well lately. Just let the present team end the season and hope for the best with next year's draft picks and crop of free agents. We need to accept that this season's Celtics have no chance of making the NBA finals. Getting past the first round of the playoffs will be a difficult ordeal in itself.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SHOULD PIERCE BE TRADED FOR GASOL? : When was the last time running team won an NBA championship?  You want to run because you just want to be entertained?
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]miami RUNS.. u have to be athletic, thats what running means. rondo is limited and very inconsistent. we need cheap peed cheap points. extra rebounding, block shots.. look at OKC! to be able to do it and throw other stuff out there is the key. no way we can win with what we are throwing out there. margin is too small for errors. we must be PERFECT everyday to have a shot. look at detroit, attacking speed guards give us a beef game after game. precision only works so long. bass, wilcoz, jj are athletic and potential building blocks, same with moore. no way rondo is being traded. u need a PG.... esp not for gasol.. period! pp is a liabilty for what this team needs to do around a RONDO!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

The GM should move both Paul and Rondo if the right mix of talent and youth is on the block.  A good big and all around point, with what we have, and you are looking at a competative team.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SHOULD PIERCE BE TRADED FOR GASOL? : You haven't answered my question. When was the last time a running team won a championship?
    What about my question: When's the last time the Celtics and Lakers made a mid-season trade?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SHOULD PIERCE BE TRADED FOR GASOL? : Lakers and Celtics don't usually make trades with each other.  I'm just hoping that this year would be different.

I don't think it matters to either team who they trade with. They play each other 2 times a season unless Boston is busy winning another championship and their little sister comes out of the west.  Each team would do a trade that they think would improve their team.  My only problem with trading with them is we aren't getting younger by trading for Gasol.  And no Gasol is not going to make us contenders. Now if we could trade Rondo and Pierce for Bynum I would think hard about that. I think i would even do the Rondo and JO for Gasol just for the reason I don't think Rondo is the man for this team. Talented but you have to score something besides layups. Layups go away in the 4th quarter. Beside Gasol is also a tradeable player so he could be moved if needed. Someone said Gasol doesn't depend on athletic ability and they are right.  He could play well for 4 more years.  He is fundamentally sound.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SHOULD PIERCE BE TRADED FOR GASOL? : There are some here who believe the Lakers and Celtics will not trade with each other because both teams hate each other. If we can get Gasol for Rondo, it will not hurt our rebuilding process. We still have 2 1st round picks. And we will still be able to sign a max contract player after this season. Unless we're going to get the #1 pick in the draft, we will have no big man other than KG next season. Pau Gasol can be the bridge to the future. He can definitely play 4 or 5 more years.

Well Kome may have made it happen.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hondorondo. Show hondorondo's posts

I do not believe the current Celtics roster can "gel" at playoff time and last more than one series. While I respect all that RA, PP, and RR have done for us, I believe RA's and PP's best days are behind them. Others may disagree, but I believe KG is the one with the most fire left in his belly. Whether he plays 20 minutes or 33 minutes, his presence has an impact on our competitiveness. Therefore, I would go for a Pierce for Gasol trade to help our rebounding woes and low post scoring. A trade I would rather go for is PP (or RA, but not both) and RR to the Suns for Nash and Gortat. I believe this trade increases the chances of greater success during the season and playoffs. Gortat is a young, strong center around which to build a team. A combo of Nash (26 min.) and Moore (12) and Bradley (12) can accomplish what Rondo can do (and Nash can actually shoot -- from the field and FT line!). A hard-nosed big man and another consistent shooter would help our chances. Everyone else's defense would become easier with a real center to play the position.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

I'm much more comfortable sending out Pierce for Gasol in return, as hard as the loyalty factor is to deal with.  Peitrus  this year and Green next year will fill the 3 void well.  Pierce is as effective as Garnet was last year at his position, some nights great and some nights horrible.  Next year will trail off even further in the old man direction.

Loyalty to the teams progress at some point has to trump loyalty to going down in flames with a Celtic lifer. 

this whole Rondo for Gasol thing is nuts.  won't make the Celtics better.  Rondo can burn, get the ball to players where and when they need it unlike any replacement let alone arguably any other pG in the league.  and he's got a lot of energy and life left in years to come.  The team should take on Rondo's vinegar-esque attitude and play against the league from their own bunker.   

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

[QUOTE]  I'm much more comfortable sending out Pierce for Gasol in return, as hard as the loyalty factor is to deal with.  Peitrus  this year and Green next year will fill the 3 void well.  Pierce is as effective as Garnet was last year at his position, some nights great and some nights horrible.  Next year will trail off even further in the old man direction.   Loyalty to the teams progress at some point has to trump loyalty to going down in flames with a Celtic lifer.   this whole Rondo for Gasol thing is nuts.  won't make the Celtics better.  Rondo can burn, get the ball to players where and when they need it unlike any replacement let alone arguably any other pG in the league.  and he's got a lot of energy and life left in years to come.  The team should take on Rondo's vinegar-esque attitude and play against the league from their own bunker.   
    Posted by passfirst[/QUOTE]man, u have nialed it, like ur a kindred spirit. trading RONDO is beyond nuts. i can do without the petulance. unless we are getting back bynum, no way i trade rr, not even for GORTAT. steve nash is like 39, y on earth would ainge do that? our defense is great, what do we care about his 25 minutes? rr is the ine chip we have for a guaranteed future bridge. gasol is 31, another guaranteed bridge. the nba is a bout having a great point and a big man.. PERIOD! the offense can gi thru gasol rather than kg or pierce. gasol could return to his memphis days without the selfish kobe around him. rr will share the rock. as for running, i just mean more athletic with the ability to run when the opprtunity is there on the fast break. nowadays with big 3 around its a one or 2 man break everytime rr takes off. gasol may not help that but pp is pretty slow, unless he's there for the trailing 3. tonight is the most important game of the big 3 era. its a gutcheck measuring stick game. we run out of gas as usual in the 4th and lose by 20, its over tomorrow! ainge has to dangle guys. bottom line is that only pp and rondo can bring in real chips. salaries have to match. at this point, kg is more important to this franchise than is pp. pietrus can be our starting 3 (with green next year) and we wont miss that much at this point. 

kg's defense is still elite and his jumper is also still elite. the guy is good for 30 mintes a night, leave him be and bring him back next year, bye to ray. if we can get a #1 from a contender for ray, you let him go elsewhere. all it takes is one injury and there you go. many competitive teams could use a shooter. rondo is a keeper, pp is not in a pure basketball sense. gasol/rondo/kg or bass/green/pietrus/wilcox are major BRIDGE building blocks. add in moore, jj, bradley you have something. i love bass but he's a great sign and trade option for next season. we need jj out there as a rebuilding team. bass is a luxury item. if kg retires, then you give bass that $ (7m or so). the rest of the roster can come from draft picks (3 #1s can go very far), a second, a stud free agent and a surprise fast depth guy.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SHOULD PIERCE BE TRADED FOR GASOL? : You haven't answered my question. When was the last time a running team won a championship?

You keep asking that question but the fact remains, there havent been that many true "running" teams in the nba other than Phoenix and maybe GS.... Miami and the thunder are running teams now and could very well win it....I know you keep harping on the "low post" need, but the celtics didnt have that when they won, neither did the Mavs.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SHOULD PIERCE BE TRADED FOR GASOL? : When the Celts won in 2008 KG was the leading scorer of the Celts in the playoffs. KG didn't score a lot in the low post but he scored a lot in the paint. In the Finals of 2008, KG had a double-double in each of the 6 games. Last year the Mavs had a defensive anchor named Tyson Chandler. He was not a scorer in the low post. But the other 7-footer in the starting 5 of the Mavs, Dirk, took advantage of Udonis Haslem and Joel Anthony. From the 3-point to the low post, Dirk schooled both Haslem and Joel Anthony. And you must be joking if you think Dirk is no good from the low post. Sure both the Mavs and Celts didn't win in the Finals with a guy like Pau Gasol or Tim Duncan. But the Celts had KG and PJ Brown and the Mavs had Dirk and Chandler.

You got to be kidding to even mention Kg as a low post guy ...same is true for Chandler......as to Dirk....most of his points come from jump shots 15 ft or further.... were there times when he may have posted up someone...sure but lets not get carried away with say he is a low post player.... the fact remains that these teams won with out that dominant low post player you keep mentioning....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SHOULD PIERCE BE TRADED FOR GASOL? : When was the last time running team won an NBA championship?  You want to run because you just want to be entertained?

Weren't the Lakers a running team in the 80's?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

Showtime Lakers were definitely a 'run team' but then they had the greatest pg of all time who could mastermind that style. There will never be a pg or player for that fact that had the court vision of Magic Johnson.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

dumbest idea ever! why would they trade him for another old guy? they need to completely clean house and rebuild with young players through the draft and free agency if they can.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

Why would the Lakers trade for the most hated and despised player in Lakerdom? I'm guessing Lakers fans would say this to anyone who seriously thought a Pierce for Gasol trade is feasible:

Muahahahahahahahahahaha

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

NEVER trade with the lakers.  Kupchak is not to be trusted!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SHOULD PIERCE BE TRADED FOR GASOL? : You keep asking that question but the fact remains, there havent been that many true "running" teams in the nba other than Phoenix and maybe GS.... Miami and the thunder are running teams now and could very well win it....I know you keep harping on the "low post" need, but the celtics didnt have that when they won, neither did the Mavs.
    Posted by CASox[/QUOTE]either way, whether ur a running or low post team, its bettert han the crapp we have now.. jump shot after jump shot.. boring grind it out, no rebounding basketball. just cant cut it anymore!

Sections
Shortcuts