Should the Celt's Pursue Kamen or Okafor?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

Should the Celt's Pursue Kamen or Okafor?

The Hornets won't have both on the roster when the season begins.  Kamen would fit nicely.  He plays with his back to the basket and bangs on the boards.  I remember a few games when he totally out shined Perk.  It won't take much to get him.  Dangle O'Neals expiring contract and Moore, maybe Johnson and a 2nd round pick.

Wouldn't mind seeing a starting lineup of

Rondo PG
    Allen SG
    Pierce SF
    Garnett PF
    Kamen C

with Bass, Dooling, Bradley, Green, Wilcox coming off the bench

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Re: Should the Celt's Pursue Kamen or Okafor?

Either one will be a good addition. Okafor addition will eat in the cap space for next year though.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

Okafor for me too. He's been a favorite of mine since UConn. Intelligent player, solid rebounder, tough defender at 4 or 5 spot. Contract is big though, not sure how we acquire him though with balancing the salaries.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Sounds interesting but we will be rebuilding later this season or next season, and I don't see Danny tying up cap space before he has looked at how this years team does.  If this team does not make a valid run for the championship by all star break you could see several of our players being traded for youth or draft choices.  Rondo has a chance to lead us, the first half of the year , if he falters , he just may be out Amesty canadiate and we could have a awful lot of money next year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

another O'Neal to New orleand trade suggestion, oh boy

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

I'm excited to see what Johnson can bring to the table, and I wouldn't turn my nose up at the potential Moore has either! Most seem to think of him as that other rookie, but don't forget that he's the third highest scorer ever at Purdue (not a powerhouse, but still), Was first or second team All Big 10 all four years he was there, and statistically, he's one of the best all around players to ever come out of the Big 10. Not to mention, with such a short time before the season, and only a few players back from last year's squad, the familiarity between him and Johnson could prove to be very important.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertmont. Show vertmont's posts

Okafor always wanted to see him playing for the C's.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

no

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorwayBoy. Show NorwayBoy's posts

I highly doubt that JO is getting traded. He's the only center we have, even with his health issues, and he knows the team better than anyone we might be able to pick up.
    Considering that DA is not looking to tie up cap space for next season I think the best bet woul be to sign a UFA to a one year deal or a cheap multiyear. Looking at unsigned UFA centers, there's not a whole lot to chose from.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Norway,
    JON cannot stay on the floor for more than twenty five games.  And when he plays he can't stay on the floor for more that twenty  minutes.

Be real JON is not a solution.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Should the Celt's Pursue Kamen or Okafor?:
    [QUOTE]Okafor because he's better on the defensive end. And most probably Okafor will be the one available because of his 3-year 40m contract.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

I would take Okafor as well.  Even though Kaman always plays well against us. I like the idea of a big defensive presence to compensate for other players getting beat off the dribble.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NegativeTrollsAbound. Show NegativeTrollsAbound's posts

Kaman, but can he be traded?

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: Should the Celt's Pursue Kamen or Okafor?:
    [QUOTE]Norway, JON cannot stay on the floor for more than twenty five games.  And when he plays he can't stay on the floor for more that twenty  minutes. Be real JON is not a solution.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Don't see this trade getting made. In a market where kwame Brown got paid 7 milion dollars players like Kaman contribute more for the hornets on the court than any advantage salary cap space can get them from JO's expiring contract. It's just not going to happen. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

The Celtics would have to give up Green (with his consent), Allen, or Rondo to make the salaries match up. The Hornets might have some interest in Green. I'm not sure if he'd have interest in New Orleans.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

Assuming deals can be made, Okafor maybe, Kaman no

Sections
Shortcuts