Should the C's Sign Delonte West? Poll

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Should the C's Sign Delonte West? Poll

Lots of heated debate on MitchBelgium's thread on Delonte.  Some call him crazy and nuts and some take a more clinical approach and call him bi-polar which is a mental disorder and treatable.  West is well known to be suffering from clinical-depression and has battled with his mental illness for years sometimes more successfully than others.  Can his skill set help the C's?

Should the C's Give Delonte Another Chance?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Re: Should the C's Sign Delonte West? Poll

I like Delonte as a player. However I'm very interested in seeing Avery Bradley getting a chance. He and Delonte would clog that position of a backup 2 guard and occassional point guard backup. Bradley looks very talented and I'd like to see Doc give him a legitimate chance at playing.
       Delonete is too talented to be a 3rd string player and Bradley is too promising to let him ride the bench all the time. There's only room for one of them.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

I think it comes down to if they can trade for Fernandez.  If they can't, as Woody put it in Toy Story2 ...."If the shoe fitssss?"  (And on this case it does.)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

After 14 votes its basically 8 yea's and 6 nay's.

We needs more peoples to vote early & often as I know ders a lotta opinion on dis subjit out dere.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Re: Should the C's Sign Delonte West? Poll:
    [QUOTE]Sorry, I don't play GM
    Posted by BirdandCowens[/QUOTE]

-

But I bet you voted anyway.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

Very good point/shooting guard off the bench.  Could start some.  Plays both sides of the ball well.  Has a lot of different skills and has good quickness.  Smart tough player that could be disruptive if he doesn't take his meds. Not totally disruptive because his teamates know there is a biochemical problem to begin with.  Roll the dice.  Give him another chance.        

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]        Very good point/shooting guard off the bench.  Could start some.  Plays both sides of the ball well.  Has a lot of different skills and has good quickness.  Smart tough player that could be disruptive if he doesn't take his meds. Not totally disruptive because his teamates know there is a biochemical problem to begin with.  Roll the dice.  Give him another chance.        
    Posted by cavaliersfan[/QUOTE]

I like your thinking on this.  And you've seen him for a few years.  I'm not ashamed to say that I am a big Delonte fan.  Did you know that he is a very talented artist?  He can draw very well and does a mean Daffy Duck imitation.  Figures, eh.

But the polls have swung big time in Delonte's favor with 61% now in favor of signing him.  That's quite a turnaround from the early returns.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmot1234. Show tmot1234's posts

I think they should sign him only if he really did bang Lebron's mother. That way, when we play the Heat, we can have him mess with Lebron all series long.....lol.

Seriously though, I say no.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

would rather have Delonte than Marquis Daniels

would rather see Avery Bradley and Nate Robinson though

Delonte can cover the bigger players that Tony Allen used to depending on the matchup

Delonte would be a great insurance policy , certainly better than Tyrone Lue, Marbury or Sam Cassell .....

Remember, Nate Robinson has a nice contract now, 2 yrs at $4 is attractive , him and Sheed's money add up to almost $11M (($13 if Daniels is added)

A trade for Danny Granger , Kiralenko , Troy Murphy or Golden State's Beindrens would clear the way for Avery and Delonte would be the perfect guy to replace Nate....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]I think they should sign him only if he really did bang Lebron's mother. That way, when we play the Heat, we can have him mess with Lebron all series long.....lol. Seriously though, I say no.
    Posted by tmot1234[/QUOTE]

-

I likes dat.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

-

The polls are still trending upward for Delonte West with now 66% in favor of signing him after 24 voters have voted.

I think we need at least 40+ votes to call this one way or the other so line up at the polls and make your vote count. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Delonte holding at 63.3% with 30 votes in.  Keep the polls open and get your vote counted.

Danny ain't done yet.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

With Wafer being added, I doubt if Ainge will pursue West.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

20 to 14 in favor of signing Delonte.  That's 61%.

Now is the time: he is a bargain at the the vet min and brings vet savvy, topughness, and clutch play to the back court.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

NO!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Part of the problem now is we are maxing out on roster spots. Delonte could help us but I don't think there's room for him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from henryfinkel. Show henryfinkel's posts

This team is in desperate need of a bi-polar, gun-toting loose cannon.  We haven't had a good one since Sebastian Telfair.  It would definitely put the fear of God in the opposing team.  But truth be told, he would probably be a better fit with the Wizards and their NRA crowd.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]This team is in desperate need of a bi-polar, gun-toting loose cannon.  We haven't had a good one since Sebastian Telfair.  It would definitely put the fear of God in the opposing team.  But truth be told, he would probably be a better fit with the Wizards and their NRA crowd.
    Posted by henryfinkel[/QUOTE]

We're gonna be playing thug-ball this season so yes, a gun toting, bi-polar, sleeping with the King's mom will fit right in quite well.  Especially against Miami, can you imagine the Garden crowd with that bit if intel?

It's 20 to18 in favor of signing D-West -- more votes needed.

We want West and we want him now.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

Can I vote again?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

Delonte West is a smart player but got his issues.  I wouldn't be mad neither estatic.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Should the C's Sign Delonte West? Poll:
    [QUOTE]Lots of heated debate on MitchBelgium's thread on Delonte.  Some call him crazy and nuts and some take a more clinical approach and call him bi-polar which is a mental disorder and treatable.  West is well known to be suffering from clinical-depression and has battled with his mental illness for years sometimes more successfully than others.  Can his skill set help the C's? Should the C's Give Delonte Another Chance?
    Posted by RajonRondowski[/QUOTE]

-

25 to 20,  Delonte's stock holds steady.
    At 35 to 25, Danny may be ready.
    We gots dem O'Neils, we got 'em good deals,
    An we can git Delonte fer a song & a steal.
    So vote fer Mr. West, of free agents he da best,
    an not only's he da one & only he better den da rest.

Vote now:  for toughness & experience -- Delonte West.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rabbit-angstrom. Show rabbit-angstrom's posts

question:  how did the celts players (Pierce, Perk, Rondo) and coaches (Doc) like delonte when he was a teammate?  did he fit in the first time around?  were there any personality issues?  did they treat him like "one of the guys?"  ih short, did he feel welcome here?  if so, perhaps a return to boston might be a good move on everyone's part?  just wondering about this. 

as one who initially thought signing him would be a bonus, one of the other posters swayed me a bit by arguing that he might slow bradley's development.  good point.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]question:  how did the celts players (Pierce, Perk, Rondo) and coaches (Doc) like delonte when he was a teammate?  did he fit in the first time around?  were there any personality issues?  did they treat him like "one of the guys?"  ih short, did he feel welcome here?  if so, perhaps a return to boston might be a good move on everyone's part?  just wondering about this.  as one who initially thought signing him would be a bonus, one of the other posters swayed me a bit by arguing that he might slow bradley's development.  good point.
    Posted by rabbit-angstrom[/QUOTE]

-

Run wit dis, rabbit -- a rabbit in da hand is wurt too in da bush, er sumting like dat, & wese don't no if Bradely will develop, wese hopes so, but wit Delonte on da team, AB can develop at his own pace, wit out pressure.

I tink D-west was welcomined in da clubshouse as a funny guy to be around and a hard worker and very coachable.

26 --  21, for the D-Man.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Who's our 3 point shooters. Pierce & Ray Allen & Nate too off the bench. Occasionally, but rarely, Rondo & KG, and then if Sheed returns, he showboats his too but he is very iffy.

I think Delonte is about a 33% or 1 out of 3 but can get more streaky & accurate. With our biggies and more rebounds, our 3 point shooters don't need shoot 40-50% as our tall guys can get the ball back out to the perimeter for another attempt. I mean disregarding the 37-17 foul awards to Lakers in Game 7 with 21 in 4th qtr more than our 17 for the whole game, I cite the Laker reason for victory despite Kobe shooting 25% & the team 32%, thus poor shooting percentages, their rebounds allowed more shots---hmmm??? What's that have to do with 20 more foul shots. Oh shucks, I'm getting off on a what should be on the Tainted Title post-Mea Culpa !!!

Delonte's a pretty good defender too which is something we need. I would give him a try and don't see anybody better available at this stage & he can be got cheaply too, I think. Go for it !!! I think our seniors(ok , older guys ) will be good therapy for his mood swings.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]Who's our 3 point shooters. Pierce & Ray Allen & Nate too off the bench. Occasionally, but rarely, Rondo & KG, and then if Sheed returns, he showboats his too but he is very iffy. I think Delonte is about a 33% or 1 out of 3 but can get more streaky & accurate. With our biggies and more rebounds, our 3 point shooters don't need shoot 40-50% as our tall guys can get the ball back out to the perimeter for another attempt. I mean disregarding the 37-17 foul awards to Lakers in Game 7 with 21 in 4th qtr more than our 17 for the whole game, I cite the Laker reason for victory despite Kobe shooting 25% & the team 32%, thus poor shooting percentages, their rebounds allowed more shots---hmmm??? What's that have to do with 20 more foul shots. Oh shucks, I'm getting off on a what should be on the Tainted Title post-Mea Culpa !!! Delonte's a pretty good defender too which is something we need. I would give him a try and don't see anybody better available at this stage & he can be got cheaply too, I think. Go for it !!! I think our seniors(ok , older guys ) will be good therapy for his mood swings.
    Posted by mandobello[/QUOTE]

-

Right on , Mando.

Danny still needs to sign another player and I see a role for a tough defender and a guy willing to step up in the clutch and not wilt or amke stupid plays.

It's 28 to 22 in favor of Delonte.  Let the voting continue.