Should they go for the 3 seed or 4th seed.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Should they go for the 3 seed or 4th seed.

Basically in a nutshell. Miami's tied with a cake schedule and Chicago is 2 games up. I'm figuring they will get the 3 seed if they choose. They are not getting the 1 or 2 IMO. Which means only homecourt in the playoffs in 1 series regardless. The thing is that is a potential matchup with the 76ers since they are 3-4 games behind ATL which is in the 5th seed. I honestly feel that ATL is pretty much the easiest out besides Indiana which they won't be playing anyway and MUCH easier than the 76ers. Rest and tank for the 4th seed. Yay or Nay?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Re: Should they go for the 3 seed or 4th seed.

The key is starting our playoff push when Shaq returns.  He will be the motivator to turn things around for the team's confidence, energy and D.

I'm not concerned about where we are seeded or who we play in the East.  We win without home court advantage regardless.

The big big big issue is getting home court advantage against the Lakers. We are 2 games behind after a 5-5 run against their 9-1, but I believe that they are prime for a slump while we will bounce back from ours just in time. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

In Response to Re: Should they go for the 3 seed or 4th seed.:
    [QUOTE] We are 2 games behind after a 5-5 run against their 9-1, but I believe that they are prime for a slump while we will bounce back from ours just in time. 
    Posted by Eldunker[/QUOTE]

HAHAHAHAHA

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from allen2034. Show allen2034's posts

i rather face atlanta than philly...!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jonestown337. Show Jonestown337's posts

In Response to Re: Should they go for the 3 seed or 4th seed.:
    [QUOTE]i rather face atlanta than philly...!
    Posted by allen2034[/QUOTE]

I believe Philly would be the most dangerous opponent for the Celts. I don't think we would wanna see them in the first round. The athleticism of that squad might be too much to handle for our old and brittle bunch.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

I worry about us playing any team that most consider we should destroy, look at how we play the lesser talented teams this year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Should they go for the 3 seed or 4th seed.:
    [QUOTE]Basically in a nutshell. Miami's tied with a cake schedule and Chicago is 2 games up. I'm figuring they will get the 3 seed if they choose. They are not getting the 1 or 2 IMO. Which means only homecourt in the playoffs in 1 series regardless. The thing is that is a potential matchup with the 76ers since they are 3-4 games behind ATL which is in the 5th seed. I honestly feel that ATL is pretty much the easiest out besides Indiana which they won't be playing anyway and MUCH easier than the 76ers. Rest and tank for the 4th seed. Yay or Nay?
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]

If they get the 3 or the 4 they still have to beat the Bulls and Heat.  So neither really matters...... how is this math so hard to figure out?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmot1234. Show tmot1234's posts

Tell ya what...the day this team decides that, even though they're tied for the #2 seed right now, instead of fighting in the last few weeks to keep that, or go for the #1 , they're going to instead shoot for the #3 or #4 seed, is the day that I give up on this team.

It doesn't matter who they're playing, or what you think their chances are, if this team stands tied for the #2, and doesn't believe that they can hold onto that, then it doesn't matter whether they get the #1, 2, 3, 4, or 7, because they're not going anywhere.

This team believes they can still grab that #1 seed, and they are going to keep fighting for that until the end. If you've ever played sports (and I dont' know if you have or not), but a mentality like you suggest is a recipe for failure. Plain and simple.

Sections
Shortcuts