Sick of the Perk trade talk

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Sick of the Perk trade talk

me too,  we are no longer intimidating teams.  I know Perk wasn't playing early but we were still living off of the aura that he helped create.  Shaq was a stop gap that helped us keep it going.  We won't intimadate even when he comes back. Hopefully we can win though.  Don't let the pts allowed fool you.  Teams aren't going to score many pts when we tak 20 seconds to shoot each time we cross half court.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

We could have offered the money this summer, that is the little touched upon fact, the CBA just didn't allow it during the season when Danny offered his less than market value extension.

It may or may not have had something to do w/ Howard, but I don't see him coming here, neither do the insiders, and this is a team built to win now. Danny prob feels he can get Kristic to a 1 year deal this summer, have the O'Neals share bu C next season as the big body rim defenders, and then hope they are both healthy for the playoffs, as we will still be a contender, and growth by Rondo, an expolosion to 17-19 ppg for Green whose talents are exloited and turn back the clocks April-June for our vets could land us a title.

After next year KG prob retires. At that point if we don't get Howard we can keep Kristic or upgrade to Chris Kaman. Guys who are 29-31 years old and can score. Starting Centers with outside shots fit to play alongside Rondo. Kaman can grab you 8-9 boards as well, Kristic needs to get stronger this summer and if so can be a 7-8 rebound guy.

Anyhow, you can use the2012 MLE on guys like Dalambert, Kwame Brown, maybe even JON if there are no more knee issues, he'll only be 32-33 yrs old. These guys are 16-18 min backup Centers who play 90% of Perk's defense. Perk was a 26-28 min starting C who played 110% of those guys D with only 60-70% of their offense. In the end, the 48 minute poisition is stronger than at anypoint over the last 4 years except the playoffs with PJ (and hopefulyl these playoffs w/ the O'Neals)

We'll have Green, Rondo, Kaman/Kristic and (hopefully) Baby and DWest here in their primes. Pierce will be a 15ppg 2nd or 3rd option guy for the last 3 years of his contract, hopefully kept rested and able to stay the closer... and Ray will be able to be a Reggie Miller type till age 39... a deadly shooter, maybe off the bench (PP best 6th man IMO) we'll need someone to replace KG if we want to stay a contender and not a 4-6 seed 2nd rd team after 2012.

Easier said than done I know. We'll have the Clippers pick, in the low teens next year, 2 other draft picks and Avery as chips. JON's exp contract... Maybe Danny can get creative and land a blue chip PF to replace KG in sign and trades with Davis and/or Green + Avery/a pick. Then we should easily find a talented scoring wing in a DEEP 2012 draft to cover 48 mins of SG along w/ Ray and DWest.

We can spare Green b/c the FA class chas far more MLE type SF's than PF's. One of Butler, Battier, Prince, Hill, AK47 or Josh Howard to split time with Pierce.

Then we have the future so far unnamed PF to share time w/ KG in 2011-12 and take over for him in 2012-13. With our 1st rd pick and the MLE used to find backup bigs, or maybe KG plays till 2014 and goes out at the same time as Ray/PP. In that case we have no cap space for Kaman and are 'stuck' with Kristic.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

yes, sick of the perk talk. wish it would go away.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Time for folks to move on.  he didn't even play for a few weeks once he was traded.  I don't think Perk could have saved the Celtics from one of their losses since the trade.  It is no garauntee we win with or without him.  The team is offensively better now and the defense has slipped due to injuries.  They won games without Perk not because the hope he was coming back.  If Perk coming back was a motivating factor then banner 18 is a long ways away.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The point of the trade for this season is often missed.

The O'Neals, specifically Shaq who was '2 weeks away' at the time, were the big hope.

If Shaq had returned at home vs. the Clippers (as we all thought, even Danny) one month ago, 3/9, and given us just 9 mins 4p-2r-.5b for a week, 11 mins 5p-3r-.75b for a week, 13 mins 7p-4r-1b a week and finally the last week was up to 15 mins 9p-5.5r-1.25b per game, the entire season would be different.

We went 9-9 since that game. It was right around then the team faltered b/c Shaq wasn't back taking Perk's place like the team assumed when they treaded water and played well right after the trade. they had visions of the no Perk but Shaq starting dominant club from the fall.

Danny most certainly felt on Feb 24th he'd have had Shaq for the last 18-20 games. Certainly back by March 14th at home vs. Bucks. With Shaq here even limited to 9-11 mins his first two weeks back, we'd have won 3-6 more games. 4 more wins right now and we are the same 59-20 as Chicago.

Meanwhile Perk didn't play one game till March 14th. So Danny felt that he'd have gotten Shaq and Perk back at the SAME time. Better to upgrade the long devoid combo-forward spot, than have NOBODY there, except maybe the rumored Nate for Brandon Wright swap. Resting an overworked Paul and Ray with that Posey like 6th man (only he assumed Green was better) and getting a C who was an upgrade to Semih would be better short and long term fix. Semih got hurt 2 games into his Cleve career, but had he stayed here maybe he wouldn't have but he'd split the C mins w/ Baby. While Harangody got 8-10 mins behind KG. We'd have been worse off w/ them over Semih/Green, and devestated if Delonte/Rondo/Wafer all still got hurt. Assuming no injuries we could still have easily have dropped the Bucks, GState, Clippers and Jazz games without the trade and would have if Wafer/Semih/DWest got hurt.

Then we are in the same 2nd/3rd place when Perk comes back... and in the end we have 3 Centers playing playoff round-robin... SAME as we have now... but NOBODY to really guard Bron/Deng/Melo as we are far more equipped to do now.

If anything we'll have 32 mins of almost the same defense Perk gave us in Shaq/JON splitting time and better offense then had we had a 32 min Perk, + 10 fouls instead of 5.

Then we'll have Kristic and his better O than JON/Shaq for 16 mins, with his much worse D instead of deciding if we go with one O'Neal for 16 mins, two for 8, one every other game, etc. etc. Now 3 guys split it fairly equally. With KG the same crunch time C we always had.

We may be slightly worse overall at Center but MUCH better at F, more rested at SG, and more scoring pop off the bench.

If this team just gets their talent together, on the same page in defined roles, giving 100% on D, all healthy and all hitting their career shooting percentages in the playoffs, they should be dominant.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I hope we don't sign Kaman he is hardly and upgrade to Shaq and perhaps just slightly to Kristic.  Beyond that based on the signings suggested there will be huge fall off in fan interest.  By the way we will of course sign Green and if we don't it will be because he is a playoff bust.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Oh brother with this Perk talk and the people in the media that dont know squat. They just write up stories they think people will read...

Everyone has the answer when the team plays poorly.  What was the reason last year as we went 27-27 then went to the finals??

Why were we so good without Perk for most of this season?? Oh yea right, the auro of Perk looming LMAO. Thats a good one.

The team has played real bad last year and in stretches all this year too.... Then a few good games and everyone forgets about Perk and fawns over how great we are.

When we slapped the Spurs around... all I read was WE'RE BACK!!! RONDOS BACK!!!!  The hot & cold is unbelievable...

Answer this question honestly..had we beaten the Bulls, do you think we'd be readin much about the aura of Perk missing? 

Face it, Perk was good at a couple things and terrible at the rest.  We're missing a true center for most of the season.. Having a midget like BBD play center is killing us... it saps his strength dealing with the bigs and eliminates alot of his contributions coming off the bench at the 4...  JON just got back...

Give it a rest with the Perk gaga.. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaPrince77. Show DaPrince77's posts

If the Celtics win it all, people will still be talking about the Perk trade, and what a great move it was, if they lose, it will be a story, - how Ainge should never have counted on a 39 year-old center and another "oft-injured" center (JO)..... That's just the way it is, even Doc Rivers is on record tellling Yahoo Sports, "it's a big gamble we've made."

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: Sick of the Perk trade talk:
    We could have offered the money this summer, that is the little touched upon fact, the CBA just didn't allow it during the season when Danny offered his less than market value extension. It may or may not have had something to do w/ Howard, but I don't see him coming here, neither do the insiders, and this is a team built to win now. Danny prob feels he can get Kristic to a 1 year deal this summer, have the O'Neals share bu C next season as the big body rim defenders, and then hope they are both healthy for the playoffs, as we will still be a contender, and growth by Rondo, an expolosion to 17-19 ppg for Green whose talents are exloited and turn back the clocks April-June for our vets could land us a title. After next year KG prob retires. At that point if we don't get Howard we can keep Kristic or upgrade to Chris Kaman. Guys who are 29-31 years old and can score. Starting Centers with outside shots fit to play alongside Rondo. Kaman can grab you 8-9 boards as well, Kristic needs to get stronger this summer and if so can be a 7-8 rebound guy. Anyhow, you can use the2012 MLE on guys like Dalambert, Kwame Brown, maybe even JON if there are no more knee issues, he'll only be 32-33 yrs old. These guys are 16-18 min backup Centers who play 90% of Perk's defense. Perk was a 26-28 min starting C who played 110% of those guys D with only 60-70% of their offense. In the end, the 48 minute poisition is stronger than at anypoint over the last 4 years except the playoffs with PJ (and hopefulyl these playoffs w/ the O'Neals) We'll have Green, Rondo, Kaman/Kristic and (hopefully) Baby and DWest here in their primes. Pierce will be a 15ppg 2nd or 3rd option guy for the last 3 years of his contract, hopefully kept rested and able to stay the closer... and Ray will be able to be a Reggie Miller type till age 39... a deadly shooter, maybe off the bench (PP best 6th man IMO) we'll need someone to replace KG if we want to stay a contender and not a 4-6 seed 2nd rd team after 2012. Easier said than done I know. We'll have the Clippers pick, in the low teens next year, 2 other draft picks and Avery as chips. JON's exp contract... Maybe Danny can get creative and land a blue chip PF to replace KG in sign and trades with Davis and/or Green + Avery/a pick. Then we should easily find a talented scoring wing in a DEEP 2012 draft to cover 48 mins of SG along w/ Ray and DWest. We can spare Green b/c the FA class chas far more MLE type SF's than PF's. One of Butler, Battier, Prince, Hill, AK47 or Josh Howard to split time with Pierce. Then we have the future so far unnamed PF to share time w/ KG in 2011-12 and take over for him in 2012-13. With our 1st rd pick and the MLE used to find backup bigs, or maybe KG plays till 2014 and goes out at the same time as Ray/PP. In that case we have no cap space for Kaman and are 'stuck' with Kristic.
    Posted by rameakap

good post one error though. The pick we got is top 10, protected and the slot is whoever has gthe lower pick the Clippers or the timberwolves. I'm still up in the air on the trade. It really could cost us the title. But if their is a consolation prize we could end up with a very high draft pick.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Sick of the Perk trade talk : good post one error though. The pick we got is top 10, protected and the slot is whoever has gthe lower pick the Clippers or the timberwolves. I'm still up in the air on the trade. It really could cost us the title. But if their is a consolation prize we could end up with a very high draft pick.
    Posted by jtkl

I did never mention that it was top 10 protected, true.

But I am assuming people know this, so when I always say 'clips pick in the teens' it is in assuming the up and coming Clippers will be anywhere from the last 2 teams in the lotto to a 6-7 playoff seed next year.

The T'Wolves will be top 10 for years. I'd be VERY surprised if the Clips are top 10 next year. Danny was shrewd in getting that pick. A lot of talented kids are staying in school b/c of the lockout. 2011 high school Sr class is stacked. 2012 draft will be a great one.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mac1980. Show mac1980's posts

burn in hell danny ainge

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DavidB1. Show DavidB1's posts

Dude Ainge gave away a possible championship for a decent role player, nothing more. And Kristic is just a weak link, this guy is not even a 2nd string center on a serious championship contender. He's too soft, doesn't play defense and his offense is vastly overrated and very limited. What made the Celtics a great team was their ultra agressive, ultra physical defense and it just happens that Perkins was the toughest, most physical defender the Celtics had.

And forget about Shaq if he ever gets back, it will definitely be on a very limited role and almost just for pride. People are dreaming if they think he can just suddenly come back and magically contribute something significant

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

I am so sick of the talk about this trade.  Look, Mac, I am just as angry at you.  If my cat wasn't here I'd be throwing things and breaking furniture.

But I'm with the majority of posters on this one.  We had no bench at the time of the trade!  We had 6 or 7 guys injured.  I think Danny Ainge is way too trigger happy with trades, but he was over a barrel on this one. 

But the real reason I'm upset about this talk about the trade is that it's DONE.  We cannot undo it.  The only thing that fixating on it can do is reinforce the belief that we made a fatal error and that WE're done.  You just have to pick up the pieces and move on.  I think the trade and all the focus on it are part of why the players are in such a funk.  They don't believe they can do it.  They truly don't.  And you can't tell me that they truly don't pay attention to all the media rants.  It reinforces what they already feel and puts them in a fatalistic place. 

Look, it's painful to lose a brother and in retrospect we shouldn't have done this, but we were looking at filling our bench with D-leaguers if we didn't get healthy guys in there soon. 

Honestly, I don't think Perk would want them to be destroying themselves like this on his account.  They're his brothers after all.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beat-Boston. Show Beat-Boston's posts

We could have offered the money this summer, that is the little touched upon fact, the CBA just didn't allow it during the season when Danny offered his less than market value extension. It may or may not have had something to do w/ Howard, but I don't see him coming here, neither do the insiders, and this is a team built to win now. Danny prob feels he can get Kristic to a 1 year deal this summer, have the O'Neals share bu C next season as the big body rim defenders, and then hope they are both healthy for the playoffs, as we will still be a contender, and growth by Rondo, an expolosion to 17-19 ppg for Green whose talents are exloited and turn back the clocks April-June for our vets could land us a title. After next year KG prob retires. At that point if we don't get Howard we can keep Kristic or upgrade to Chris Kaman. Guys who are 29-31 years old and can score. Starting Centers with outside shots fit to play alongside Rondo. Kaman can grab you 8-9 boards as well, Kristic needs to get stronger this summer and if so can be a 7-8 rebound guy. Anyhow, you can use the2012 MLE on guys like Dalambert, Kwame Brown, maybe even JON if there are no more knee issues, he'll only be 32-33 yrs old. These guys are 16-18 min backup Centers who play 90% of Perk's defense. Perk was a 26-28 min starting C who played 110% of those guys D with only 60-70% of their offense. In the end, the 48 minute poisition is stronger than at anypoint over the last 4 years except the playoffs with PJ (and hopefulyl these playoffs w/ the O'Neals) We'll have Green, Rondo, Kaman/Kristic and (hopefully) Baby and DWest here in their primes. Pierce will be a 15ppg 2nd or 3rd option guy for the last 3 years of his contract, hopefully kept rested and able to stay the closer... and Ray will be able to be a Reggie Miller type till age 39... a deadly shooter, maybe off the bench (PP best 6th man IMO) we'll need someone to replace KG if we want to stay a contender and not a 4-6 seed 2nd rd team after 2012. Easier said than done I know. We'll have the Clippers pick, in the low teens next year, 2 other draft picks and Avery as chips. JON's exp contract... Maybe Danny can get creative and land a blue chip PF to replace KG in sign and trades with Davis and/or Green + Avery/a pick. Then we should easily find a talented scoring wing in a DEEP 2012 draft to cover 48 mins of SG along w/ Ray and DWest. We can spare Green b/c the FA class chas far more MLE type SF's than PF's. One of Butler, Battier, Prince, Hill, AK47 or Josh Howard to split time with Pierce. Then we have the future so far unnamed PF to share time w/ KG in 2011-12 and take over for him in 2012-13. With our 1st rd pick and the MLE used to find backup bigs, or maybe KG plays till 2014 and goes out at the same time as Ray/PP. In that case we have no cap space for Kaman and are 'stuck' with Kristic.
    Posted by rameakap

Yeah, and if a frog had wings, he wouldn't bump his a-s-s each time he hopped.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

lamest excuse ever.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

We were not going to win with Perk and no bench anyway. If we do loose Perk would not have been the difference. We are not tough  any more becuase they players we have are not playing with the same intensity of years past. Perk was never in the game last 5 minutes anyway. So who was going to board and be tough in those minutes. We need to regroup and grow some balls

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

We were not going to win with Perk and no bench anyway. If we do loose Perk would not have been the difference. We are not tough  any more becuase they players we have are not playing with the same intensity of years past. Perk was never in the game last 5 minutes anyway. So who was going to board and be tough in those minutes. We need to regroup and grow some balls
    Posted by genaro008

Well said and I think a big reason for the trade is being missed. ITS NOT ABOUT NEXT YEAR PEOPLE.

Perk missed another month of games. So let me paint the picture for u if we did not trade perk. This is the minute distribution minus green and krstic:

Rondo 45 mins a night
    Ray 40 mins
    Pierce 40 mins
    KG 38 mins
    Davis 35 mins

Nate (who ended up needing knee surgery)
    Harangody
    Erden.

Guess what people, we suffered injuries, Thats why we are in this mess.

Daniels pratically got paralyzed.
    Perkins missed half the season and then missed another month.
    Delonte missed half the year.
    JO missed almost the whole year.
    Shaq missed half the year.

People forgot these trades and signings were made bc our guys got hurt. I was sad to see Quis go down. it really hurt us.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

The point of the trade for this season is often missed. The O'Neals, specifically Shaq who was '2 weeks away' at the time, were the big hope. If Shaq had returned at home vs. the Clippers (as we all thought, even Danny) one month ago, 3/9, and given us just 9 mins 4p-2r-.5b for a week, 11 mins 5p-3r-.75b for a week, 13 mins 7p-4r-1b a week and finally the last week was up to 15 mins 9p-5.5r-1.25b per game, the entire season would be different. We went 9-9 since that game. It was right around then the team faltered b/c Shaq wasn't back taking Perk's place like the team assumed when they treaded water and played well right after the trade. they had visions of the no Perk but Shaq starting dominant club from the fall. Danny most certainly felt on Feb 24th he'd have had Shaq for the last 18-20 games. Certainly back by March 14th at home vs. Bucks. With Shaq here even limited to 9-11 mins his first two weeks back, we'd have won 3-6 more games. 4 more wins right now and we are the same 59-20 as Chicago. Meanwhile Perk didn't play one game till March 14th. So Danny felt that he'd have gotten Shaq and Perk back at the SAME time. Better to upgrade the long devoid combo-forward spot, than have NOBODY there, except maybe the rumored Nate for Brandon Wright swap. Resting an overworked Paul and Ray with that Posey like 6th man (only he assumed Green was better) and getting a C who was an upgrade to Semih would be better short and long term fix. Semih got hurt 2 games into his Cleve career, but had he stayed here maybe he wouldn't have but he'd split the C mins w/ Baby. While Harangody got 8-10 mins behind KG. We'd have been worse off w/ them over Semih/Green, and devestated if Delonte/Rondo/Wafer all still got hurt. Assuming no injuries we could still have easily have dropped the Bucks, GState, Clippers and Jazz games without the trade and would have if Wafer/Semih/DWest got hurt. Then we are in the same 2nd/3rd place when Perk comes back... and in the end we have 3 Centers playing playoff round-robin... SAME as we have now... but NOBODY to really guard Bron/Deng/Melo as we are far more equipped to do now. If anything we'll have 32 mins of almost the same defense Perk gave us in Shaq/JON splitting time and better offense then had we had a 32 min Perk, + 10 fouls instead of 5. Then we'll have Kristic and his better O than JON/Shaq for 16 mins, with his much worse D instead of deciding if we go with one O'Neal for 16 mins, two for 8, one every other game, etc. etc. Now 3 guys split it fairly equally. With KG the same crunch time C we always had. We may be slightly worse overall at Center but MUCH better at F, more rested at SG, and more scoring pop off the bench. If this team just gets their talent together, on the same page in defined roles, giving 100% on D, all healthy and all hitting their career shooting percentages in the playoffs, they should be dominant.
    Posted by rameakap

what an overlooked post.

great stuff.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigJoedaddyBoston. Show BigJoedaddyBoston's posts

In Response to Sick of the Perk trade talk:
    Ok is anyone else sick of this? Bottom line as tough as he was a defender in the paint he was a very limited offensive player and wasn't the strongest rebounder especially on the offensive boards. He wanted money we couldn't offer. We got a decent center and probably our future SF in the deal. WITFP? What happens if we keep Perk and we don't win and he's gone? We have an older team next year with no Center, no backup forward and no prospects of doing anything. If an aging big three and Rondo can net you Dwight Howard in two years this team stays competetive. There is no rebuilding, there is no losing period we stay in the hunt. And if we don't get Howard you can't say Danny didn't give it his best effort by making the moves he made. We also have a stock pile of picks so stop crying please!!
    Posted by freedomofspeech13

I disagree! The trade sucks!  DA made a foolish mistake.   Celtics had the blueprint that everyone tried to copy with the interior D and the bigs.  The Bulls, OKC, and the Heat all added bigs to compete against the cletics and lakers.   Anyone with half a brain saw this.  Jeff Green is extremely overrated!  Kristic is D ball player.   Ainge was brilliant to land us allen, garnett but this trade makes me sick!!!  He should be fired.   WHy gamble everything on a 39 year old shaq while he was hurt.   I can see if we traded perk and shaq was healthy but we traded perk when shaq and JO were hurt.  Then we got rid of erden.  Everyone knows defense and rebounds wins champinships.   Every game we got out-rebounded in the playoofs last year we lost.   DA knew this and made great moves in the off season by getting Shaq, JO and Erden this year. We had 4 bigs.    We had the best record and then DA takes a hit of acid, and decides to trade Perk (i am not saying he is an all star- but he is an old school great role player who plays great D) and rely on SHaq who was injured at the time of the trade.  How stupid could you be?  And for who?  Jeff Green!  He looks as intimidating as micky mouse out there.   COach Tibs called Garnett and Perk the best defensive duo he has seen!  They underestimated Perks value to OUR team.  I am not saying he was Dwight Howard but HE was what OUR team needed.  Having him and SHAQ would be wonderful going into the playoffs  but now we look like a girls high school team with Jeff Green that dope Murphy and kistric.   Blow the team up now.   We were robbed another shot at the title thansk to this terrible trade.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

In Response to Re: Sick of the Perk trade talk : Well said and I think a big reason for the trade is being missed. ITS NOT ABOUT NEXT YEAR PEOPLE. Perk missed another month of games. So let me paint the picture for u if we did not trade perk. This is the minute distribution minus green and krstic: Rondo 45 mins a night Ray 40 mins Pierce 40 mins KG 38 mins Davis 35 mins Nate (who ended up needing knee surgery) Harangody Erden. Guess what people, we suffered injuries, Thats why we are in this mess. Daniels pratically got paralyzed. Perkins missed half the season and then missed another month. Delonte missed half the year. JO missed almost the whole year. Shaq missed half the year. People forgot these trades and signings were made bc our guys got hurt. I was sad to see Quis go down. it really hurt us.
    Posted by btownteamsrking

Great stuff there too.  Grass always looks greener on the other side to most people.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Well, when I watch the Celts get blown out by a team (Heat) that they easily handled earlier in the season, and I see the new players we acquired not amounting to much, can you really blame me for not being annoyed with Ainge for not giving this team and chance to go after one more ring while the big three are healthy? 

I'm still keeping an open mind about this trade until the season is over but you're crazy if you think the trade talk is going to stop. That trade potentially altered the balance of power in the league for this season and everyone wants to dissect and analyze it. There are hall of fame legacies at stake here. 

This is the kind of stuff that sports message boards are for. I'd suggest if you don't like that kind of talk you steer clear of this board until next season. 

Next season the trade will STILL be discussed, however, but more in the context of how it helped us for the future. And maybe it did. That's for another time. Right now I care more about why we have such a soft and uninspiring team.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Of course it's not going to stop.  The media wants drama, and wow, they have a cash cow with this one. 

NO, I'm realistic.  But can you blame me for being sick and tired of hearing over and over again how we dug the knife into our team? 

And I really don't need your advice about steering clear of the board till next season.  I have just as much right to express my opinion as you do.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Dude Ainge gave away a possible championship for a decent role player, nothing more. And Kristic is just a weak link, this guy is not even a 2nd string center on a serious championship contender. He's too soft, doesn't play defense and his offense is vastly overrated and very limited. What made the Celtics a great team was their ultra agressive, ultra physical defense and it just happens that Perkins was the toughest, most physical defender the Celtics had. And forget about Shaq if he ever gets back, it will definitely be on a very limited role and almost just for pride. People are dreaming if they think he can just suddenly come back and magically contribute something significant
    Posted by DavidB1

Great post and I definitely agree with you.  Shaq isn't going to be a significant factor in the playoffs this year.   

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Posted by genaro008

Hmmm, I wonder why we are not tough anymore?

Sections
Shortcuts