Sign Aaron Gray and Reggie Evans...Keep J. Green

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from franquazi. Show franquazi's posts

Sign Aaron Gray and Reggie Evans...Keep J. Green

I think this are the best moves Ainge could do this off season. Gray has a player option for 1,124.931. We can extend him something around 3m and offer him the starting job at center (7'0 footer 270). He impressed me a lot in the series against the Lakers before he got injured, by defending guys like Gasol and Bynum and scoring consistendly agaisnt them. Then we sign Green so he can be our 6th man.. Let go Big Baby and replace him with Reggie Evans(11.5 rpg with Tor) offering him the mid level. Release O'neal with the new amnesty clause.
    1st unit    2nd unit
    Rondo       Bradley
    Allen         Moore    
    Pierce       Green
    KG            Evans
    Gray         Johnson

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

Re: Sign Aaron Gray and Reggie Evans...Keep J. Green

I don't think that 'll give us a banner....
    We'll have to add another guy who can flat out score from the bench. Except for green from time to time noone else can ...And are you really going to count on a late first round rookie? You know what doc thinks about that....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Sign Aaron Gray and Reggie Evans...Keep J. Green:
    [QUOTE]I think this are the best moves Ainge could do this off season. Gray has a player option for 1,124.931. We can extend him something around 3m and offer him the starting job at center (7'0 footer 270). He impressed me a lot in the series against the Lakers before he got injured, by defending guys like Gasol and Bynum and scoring consistendly agaisnt them. Then we sign Green so he can be our 6th man.. Let go Big Baby and replace him with Reggie Evans(11.5 rpg with Tor) offering him the mid level. With the 25 pick take Reggie Jackson(6'3 200) a combo guard from BC who is a super atlete with scoring punch. 1st unit    2nd unit Rondo       Bradley Allen         Jackson     Pierce       Green KG            Evans Gray         J. O'neal/S.O'neal
    Posted by franquazi[/QUOTE]lol, as a red sox and boston sports fan, i dont think i will ever warm to the idea of a guy named reggie jackson. the other stuff makes sense. good job!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nero2870. Show Nero2870's posts

Hi Im not from US but Im an avid Celtics fan since Bird-McHale-Parish era. My take is, keep : KG, Paul, Ray - ( very last hurrah for the big 3 ) ,Rajon, Jeff G, Avery Nenad and Delonte. Done some research and read some articles and this names cost $3M below. Aaron Gray , DeAndre Jordan, James Jones, Kris Humpries, Roger Mason and Aaron Brooks plus the draft opportunities if any. Sorry but I have to let go the Oneals, Murphy, Wafer, Baby, arroyo. Hope for the best this summer to reach banner 18.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

how about we puff up rondo's offensive game with some nice early season games and trade him for a major package of something (draft picks + talent) to be coming in after next year when KG is gone and begin the rebuilding process with a kick.

after all, once the big 3 are gone, or 2 of the 3 (pierce still under contract but may be bought out @ that point anyway), there won't be enough lysol to go around to cover up the stench of rondo's incompetent offensive game and rotten free throw incapabilities. 

trust me, on a team where rondo will be looked to in a more prominent role since the stars will all be gone, he will fall flat on his face.  trade him while he's worth something rather than a strict burden bust @ 10M a year x 3 years left at that point.

that'd be my major move of the "off season" although technically it would go down early next year after you pad up rondo with a few 20 point games so someone buys the fool's gold.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from franquazi. Show franquazi's posts

In Response to Re: Sign Aaron Gray and Reggie Evans...Keep J. Green:
    [QUOTE]I don't think that 'll give us a banner.... We'll have to add another guy who can flat out score from the bench. Except for green from time to time noone else can ...And are you really going to count on a late first round rookie? You know what doc thinks about that....
    Posted by MichBelgium[/QUOTE]

Well Mitch I was more optimistic like you are right now, but when I talked about the possibility of adding Jordan or Dalembert every body told me "that's n't gonna happen" so this is my plan B.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from franquazi. Show franquazi's posts

[QUOTE]Hi Im not from US but Im an avid Celtics fan since Bird-McHale-Parish era. My take is, keep : KG, Paul, Ray - ( very last hurrah for the big 3 ) ,Rajon, Jeff G, Avery Nenad and Delonte. Done some research and read some articles and this names cost $3M below. Aaron Gray , DeAndre Jordan, James Jones, Kris Humpries, Roger Mason and Aaron Brooks plus the draft opportunities if any. Sorry but I have to let go the Oneals, Murphy, Wafer, Baby, arroyo. Hope for the best this summer to reach banner 18.
    Posted by Nero2870[/QUOTE]
    I said in other discussions about the possibility of adding Jordan and Humphries but everybody told me that wasn't possible. I think Krstic isn't a defensive presence so that's why I bring Gray to the scene.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nero2870. Show Nero2870's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sign Aaron Gray and Reggie Evans...Keep J. Green : I said in other discussions about the possibility of adding Jordan and Humphries but everybody told me that wasn't possible. I think Krstic isn't a defensive presence so that's why I bring Gray to the scene.
    Posted by franquazi[/QUOTE]

Yep, Gray could well be a good addition. I would believe the best move that Ainge really need to do is put quality reserves ( better than 2010-11) in the bench then Doc should put more trust in the reserves by letting them play 20 mins or so per game to preseve the Big 3 ( 4 ), this is also good to support there plan towards rebuilding.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sev133. Show Sev133's posts

good call with Gray....I was thinking the same thing watching lakers/hornets.  Reggie Evans obviously would help with rebounds but him and kg don't really like each other.  Evans said ‘I’ve seen KG get his a** whupped. … He’s always barking, and when it’s time to get physical, he’s always been a little chihuahua’

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]how about we puff up rondo's offensive game with some nice early season games and trade him for a major package of something (draft picks + talent) to be coming in after next year when KG is gone and begin the rebuilding process with a kick. after all, once the big 3 are gone, or 2 of the 3 (pierce still under contract but may be bought out @ that point anyway), there won't be enough lysol to go around to cover up the stench of rondo's incompetent offensive game and rotten free throw incapabilities.  trust me, on a team where rondo will be looked to in a more prominent role since the stars will all be gone, he will fall flat on his face.  trade him while he's worth something rather than a strict burden bust @ 10M a year x 3 years left at that point. that'd be my major move of the "off season" although technically it would go down early next year after you pad up rondo with a few 20 point games so someone buys the fool's gold.
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]
    Trust you?To make nonsense posts maybe.Whether you like it or not,Rondo`s going nowhere.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

In Response to Sign Aaron Gray and Reggie Evans...Keep J. Green:
    [QUOTE]I think this are the best moves Ainge could do this off season. Gray has a player option for 1,124.931. We can extend him something around 3m and offer him the starting job at center (7'0 footer 270). He impressed me a lot in the series against the Lakers before he got injured, by defending guys like Gasol and Bynum and scoring consistendly agaisnt them. Then we sign Green so he can be our 6th man.. Let go Big Baby and replace him with Reggie Evans(11.5 rpg with Tor) offering him the mid level. With the 25 pick take Reggie Jackson(6'3 200) a combo guard from BC who is a super atlete with scoring punch. 1st unit    2nd unit Rondo       Bradley Allen         Jackson     Pierce       Green KG            Evans Gray         J. O'neal/S.O'neal   Some interesting steps, but did you watch Bradley this year.
    Posted by franquazi[/QUOTE]

Sections
Shortcuts