Sign Beasley??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjpat. Show jjpat's posts

Sign Beasley??

Sign Micheal Beasley!!! Pair him with KG!! Trade Pierce,swallow some of his salary and add youth. Ray,KG,Beasley,Rondo,Green.      

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TPETTEWAY1. Show TPETTEWAY1's posts

Re: Sign Beasley??

nice

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Green-Islander. Show Green-Islander's posts

pierce will retire in green.

beasley is really smooth though. i wouldnt mind seeing him in a celtics jersey =))

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Pierce is younger and playing better than the other parts of the big 3.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

I
    Hen Response to Re: Sign Beasley??:
    [QUOTE]Pierce is younger and playing better than the other parts of the big 3.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Hence his increased tradeability..

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

I wouldn't mind seeing Beaseley AFTER EVERYONE RETIRES

But if next season is shortened by a strike, it's the perfect opportunity to take one last run at a title with the old guys knowing that they won't have to play as many games in a shortened season (less wear and tear, extra two months rest)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In Response to Re: Sign Beasley??:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sign Beasley?? : Pierce's salary and age will discourage a lot of teams.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

However, not all of them. I think you could get AK47 & 1 of utah's 1st rounder's for your boy. AK is 3 yrs younger (albeit more injury prone). At this point rolling the dice may be a consideration because this team will be experiencing lessening returns from its current personel.. Sorry Paul its strictly business, not personal

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sign Beasley?? : However, not all of them. I think you could get AK47 & 1 of utah's 1st rounder's for your boy. AK is 3 yrs younger (albeit more injury prone). At this point rolling the dice may be a consideration because this team will be experiencing lessening returns from its current personel.. Sorry Paul its strictly business, not personal
    Posted by tomobo[/QUOTE]

The Jazz are a lottery team. No way they're going to give up a 1st round pick for PP. Playoff teams are the ones in need of PP's services, not rebuilding teams.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

What do any of you see in Beasley that says he is leader and big time player?  I definitely don't see it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

Does he know the word Defense?
    Makes no sense. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Sign Beasley??:
    [QUOTE]Sign Micheal Beasley!!! Pair him with KG!! Trade Pierce,swallow some of his salary and add youth. Ray,KG,Beasley,Rondo,Green.        
    Posted by jjpat[/QUOTE]

It is amazing to me where some of these things come from.  The league is looking to cut salaries by 40%.

The Cs are way over the cap now, the new cap will likely be a hard cap like hockey (do you recall this year how the Bs basically had to trade away high salaried players basically for draft picks in order to stay under the cap).

If the Cs / Danny do anything other than let all this deadwood flush out over time I think it would be negligent.  Look at what the Pistons did when their 4 all-stars were broken up, they signed a couple of guys to gigantic contracts and are one of the worst teams in the league.

I just as soon not see anyone signed for the long term and have some funds to play with once the new CBA is in place.

And can we finally stop the vastly overvaluing Cs and undervaluing stars throughout the league?  Pierce has no trade value, KG has no trade value, Rondo has no trade value, Ray has a little.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

While I highly doubt Dud's guarantee that there will be a "hard" cap, I will say that Rondo, Allen and KG would all be traded before Pierce.  There is NO WAY Ainge would trade Pierce.  Now, if there is a long lockout, KG may retire, which will help, RA may not pick up his option, which would help.  Stern would never agree to a hard cap because the lakers would be like everyone else.

Also, strongly disagree that KG and Rondo have NO trade value......what are you,  a medium?  Any team looking to get rid of a long contract for a short one may take a flyer on KG.

And, as I mentioned earlier, DET would be a great place for Ray.  Trade him for Gordon, who isn't playing, makes the same money.  DET would save a ton of money on Ray, and he may come back to us at the deadline!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]While I highly doubt Dud's guarantee that there will be a "hard" cap, I will say that Rondo, Allen and KG would all be traded before Pierce.  There is NO WAY Ainge would trade Pierce.  Now, if there is a long lockout, KG may retire, which will help, RA may not pick up his option, which would help.  Stern would never agree to a hard cap because the lakers would be like everyone else. Also, strongly disagree that KG and Rondo have NO trade value......what are you,  a medium?  Any team looking to get rid of a long contract for a short one may take a flyer on KG. And, as I mentioned earlier, DET would be a great place for Ray.  Trade him for Gordon, who isn't playing, makes the same money.  DET would save a ton of money on Ray, and he may come back to us at the deadline!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

I am not a medium but have opinions.  Some opinions are more informed than others.  A teacher says there will be a test with 100 questions and tells the students what the 100 questions will be.  One student memorizes the 100 questions and answers, another student studies about 60 of the questions and assumes they know the answer to the other 40.  One student gets a 99 and the other student gets a 45.........  everyone is entitled to their opinion.

When the league says they are looking to cut 700 million from costs, reduce player salaries by about 40%, likely with a hard cap but of course it is fine to ignore these facts.......... and go on acting as if the status quo is the playing field.....

Or you can take what information is available and deduce what is likely to happen and then form and state an opinion.  So when I say Rondo has no trade value it goes something like this - a point guard making 13 million (20% of the cap) who cannot shoot and will not have 3 hall of famers alongside... I can deduce and opine that he has no trade value.... when it is obvious that KG can only get up 1 time in a series against a powerforward that is considered soft and outplayed by a guy that just a few months ago was questioning his role on his team - then I can deduce and opine that KG has no trade value especially at 21 million dollars (30% of the cap?).....

I seem to think that the Player Representatives and Ownership Representatives are negotiating the NFL cba, not sure how Goodell even has a role in it.... ditto for Stern....  the Lakers are about to be blown up and will be the Golden State Warriors and the Cs will be the Cavs.....  sorry.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sign Beasley?? : I am not a medium but have opinions.  Some opinions are more informed than others.  A teacher says there will be a test with 100 questions and tells the students what the 100 questions will be.  One student memorizes the 100 questions and answers, another student studies about 60 of the questions and assumes they know the answer to the other 40.  One student gets a 99 and the other student gets a 45.........  everyone is entitled to their opinion. When the league says they are looking to cut 700 million from costs, reduce player salaries by about 40%, likely with a hard cap but of course it is fine to ignore these facts.......... and go on acting as if the status quo is the playing field..... Or you can take what information is available and deduce what is likely to happen and then form and state an opinion.  So when I say Rondo has no trade value it goes something like this - a point guard making 13 million (20% of the cap) who cannot shoot and will not have 3 hall of famers alongside... I can deduce and opine that he has no trade value.... when it is obvious that KG can only get up 1 time in a series against a powerforward that is considered soft and outplayed by a guy that just a few months ago was questioning his role on his team - then I can deduce and opine that KG has no trade value especially at 21 million dollars (30% of the cap?)..... I seem to think that the Player Representatives and Ownership Representatives are negotiating the NFL cba, not sure how Goodell even has a role in it.... ditto for Stern....  the Lakers are about to be blown up and will be the Golden State Warriors and the Cs will be the Cavs.....  sorry.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

You have posted on about 6 different threads that that the C's will be the Cavs.  Please stop writing the same over and over again.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sign Beasley?? : You have posted on about 6 different threads that that the C's will be the Cavs.  Please stop writing the same over and over again.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

Sorry do you prefer the Pistons - that is actually closer to reality - 4 all-stars - break them up - and then really really s uck....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sign Beasley?? : Sorry do you prefer the Pistons - that is actually closer to reality - 4 all-stars - break them up - and then really really s uck....
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

No I am just confused as to why you write the same post on every thread.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sign Beasley?? : No I am just confused as to why you write the same post on every thread.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

It is because I keep reading about preposterous completely unrealistic deals and moves etc. that are mindless and made with absolutely no understanding or ability to view what is happening.  Does that explain it?

They should trade KG for Amare, Ray for Kobe, Pierce for LeBron, and J O and Shaq for Howard but don't trade Rondo because he is perfect for the team, the salary cap does not matter, there is no way to overvalue the Cs talent, and any attempt to discuss it should be ignored.

Where will the Spurs be when Timmy goes?  Pop will forget how to coach and the Spurs will be the third best team in Texas.  Is it ok to say that?  Am I entitled to that opinion.

It is very hard to see these things as potentially happening, use the Bulls as an example, they won 6 rings in 8 years and up until a few years ago were in the lottery every year, but of course that logic could not possibly apply to the Cs.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Sign Beasley??:
    [QUOTE]Sign Micheal Beasley!!! Pair him with KG!! Trade Pierce,swallow some of his salary and add youth. Ray,KG,Beasley,Rondo,Green.        
    Posted by jjpat[/QUOTE]pierce on his worse day is still twice as good as an overall player than beasley on his BEST days. y would we make duch a dumb move? pierce will retire a celtic. he's our only sacred cow. we will trade rondo before pp!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

[QUOTE]While I highly doubt Dud's guarantee that there will be a "hard" cap, I will say that Rondo, Allen and KG would all be traded before Pierce.  There is NO WAY Ainge would trade Pierce.  Now, if there is a long lockout, KG may retire, which will help, RA may not pick up his option, which would help.  Stern would never agree to a hard cap because the lakers would be like everyone else. Also, strongly disagree that KG and Rondo have NO trade value......what are you,  a medium?  Any team looking to get rid of a long contract for a short one may take a flyer on KG. And, as I mentioned earlier, DET would be a great place for Ray.  Trade him for Gordon, who isn't playing, makes the same money.  DET would save a ton of money on Ray, and he may come back to us at the deadline!!

You are absolutely OBSESSED with the Lakers. Laughing  The Lakers are the only reason that you can dream at night.  Cool

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sign Beasley?? : You are absolutely OBSESSED with the Lakers.   The Lakers are the only reason that you can dream at night. 
    Posted by Tayshawn[/QUOTE]

And you are absolutely obsessed with ME!!!
    Kind of scary, but I hear there are a few websites that could help....as for me, sorry I'm married  to a woman!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sign Beasley?? : And you are absolutely obsessed with ME!!! Kind of scary, but I hear there are a few websites that could help....as for me, sorry I'm married  to a woman!!

I think you have it the other way around. You claimed to have put me on ignore awhile back. I guess you just couldn't stand it.  Laughing

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

They should trade KG for Amare, Ray for Kobe, Pierce for LeBron, and J O and Shaq for Howard but don't trade Rondo because he is perfect for the team, the salary cap does not matter, there is no way to overvalue the Cs talent, and any attempt to discuss it should be ignored. Dudder

Your level of hyperbole to make points is childish.  Show us where someone suggested these silly trades you made up.  You go on and on making the same points regarding the very understandable bias we all have here. We are Celtic fans unlike you and I wonder with your long elaborate negative comments do you think anybody is listening. Go to an NBA board where people of all teams talk basketball and you can enlighten them.  Nobody here is listening.  We like and root for the Celtics.  You are getting worse and worse, your comments used to be more well thought out.  Get a grip you are losing it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

Beasley is under contract through 2013. 

Sections
Shortcuts