SIGN OF THE FUTURE: RONDO ON BENCH IN 4TH OF A CLOSE GAME!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

SIGN OF THE FUTURE: RONDO ON BENCH IN 4TH OF A CLOSE GAME!

couldnt believe my eyes when i saw doc keep a bad shooting niate, both in shot selection and results) in the game versus sacremento last night. in past, i would be reading all this doc about how the earth will stop rotating if ronDONT was not allowed to contribute his poor foul and jump shooting and suspect man-up defense at a juncture when just those threats are enough to soften up the defense and opposing offense while taking away their defensive rebounders just a foot or 2 away from the hoop area. with a nate, teams know if open or a clear good shot, he will take it... that makes them very honest. 

don't get me wrong, i am liking what rr/rajon is now doing in terms of attacking the hoop and working on his attempts as well as his help defense. he had 17 points and 10 assists before being benched. fact is nate because of his wide body, high energy, and equal quickness is able to be a better defensive irritant esp on nights when rr's guy is consistently attacking the paint on him with impunity or scoring at will. even with rr's improvements, for most part, he still isnt getting it done shooting wise at crucial 4th quarter junctures. at least he is not as good of a threat as a nate, west or even quis. heck, we are better off having pp run the point in the last 5 minutes with bb, shaq/perk or quis in the game. so many more options.

bottom line is that the passing thing is a total exaggeration on overreaction in the 4th! i would much rather have a space-creating point than a pure passer. i have been screaming this for 2 seasons now. yep, start rondo and let him play most of the first 3 quarters. but play in the fourth should not be based on some automatic entitlement, must be EARNED and on what is best for the team. if rr was in last night, we still likely win, but we are talking at the last second and by a point or two. a nate keeps the pressure and threat going all game. plus he plays better with the confidence and flow as he has as a starter. he had 5 steals and brought unrelenting intensity and energy.

frankly, assuming delonte comes back as well as perk has, i want him closing out games and playing MOST of the 4th at the point. he is another 80%+ FT guy. using logic that tells me when a scoring is at a premium, celts will be increasing their leads or minimizing their deficits when he is in there esp when playing with a baby or JO (which is y i do not want him off the team just yet). that lineup with a jo will have 5 guys all shooting around 80% all capable of hitting or taking repetitive jumpers who won't shy away from the FT line or create turnovers because they are running away or being tentative in certain key situations in aggressively coming for the ball or making a move with the ball. plus all 5 guys who are as good, if not better, at one-on-one defense as well as helping out. doc could actually open the entire playbook! 

heck, in last-shot situations, all of them are capable of having the ball in their hands to take a foul or in taking the last shot, not just being an inbounder who then runs away from the action as rondo often has to!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driscoll92587. Show Driscoll92587's posts

Re: SIGN OF THE FUTURE: RONDO ON BENCH IN 4TH OF A CLOSE GAME!

You'd rather put in a backup PG who can't break pressure and can't facilitate the ball to one of the better shooters over our starting all-star PG?  Granted Rondo struggles at the line, but why not have Ray come and get the ball while Rondo is on the court in case you need someone with good hands under pressure?  I'm sorry but I don't want to see any bench players on the court when it's crunch time.  I'll stick with the starters.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

This is one game and it happened after the Celtics took control. If things got close Rondo would  have been back in. Maybe he tweaked a hammy. We don't know.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Bottom line is, all the teams in the NBA would love to be in the predicaments the Celtics are in.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Dont know why ROndo sat the bench but its not a big deal. I would like to see West finish some games when hack-a Rondo is a strategy for opposing teams.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Petey warned me not to instigate the sitting of Rondo in 4th qtr.
    P34 is baiting me to open up.
    Che, don't want to use the BIC and start the fire. Another communist walk on fire....but I'm glad CC saw what could be my statement.

Repeat, Che is not CC

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

nate brought a lot of energy. he had some steals and hustle plays. i don't see the problem. we won.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

As long as Rondo is OK with the move, I think Doc will try replacing Rondo more at the end of quarters. It is the weakest part of Rondo's game. I am sure that Rondo also knows this, because of the way that he plays at those times.

The question is will Rondo allow it to happen? All Star point guards usually frown on such things.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Sign of the future or sign of the past? This has been going on since the Big Three era began.

Rondo sitting at crunch time? What's new?

If Rondo wanted to stay on the floor when the games was being decided, he would learn to shoot.

He hasn't... so he doesn't.

No big secret here.

Pud

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

Nate was playing well enough for Doc to be able to rest Rondo.  Plus, why not reward him with minutes when he plays well and makes the right decisions?  He'll probably make the right decisions more often if he knows he'll get more minutes.  That's all it was imo.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

I'm with cpjohn1.  It was all a confidence booster for Nate at a time when he was playing well (energy, defense, not shooting) and the team looked to be in control.  I don'tn read anything more into it.  It was Doc being Doc -- by which I mean being a smarter coach than anyone on this board. :-)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

if it is anything on puprose other than giving him some rest for physical ailment it is the coach being smart enought to light a fire under his #ss to fix the one weak part of his game.  i might do thinks like that if me was a coach.  you have to get into the head of the individual player, and get the most out of them one way or another.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Let's not spin around why Rondo sits in the 4th qtr.
    Jump-ball & Pud gave their honest opinion.
    The rest spins the answer to the question.

Let me hear some more truth.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

The real reason Rondo sat in the 4rth quarter.  Doc was giving him a rest,and then they jumped out to a 10 point lead. Doc saw no reason to bring Rondo back in,and decided to stick with the 5 on the floor. 

He did this last year in the finals in game 4,with Pierce,Garnett and Rondo all 3 on the bench to start the 4rth. Doc will stick with the hot unit,and ride it out.

I'm personally happy not one on the Celtics starters complains about their minutes.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Notrade--start at the 4th qtr, Celtics has only 3 points lead. We got the 10 point leads at  4 minutes left.
    Make the story straight.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shamrock1000. Show shamrock1000's posts

Don't get me wrong, I love Nate, but anyone who honestly thinks Nate is a better point guard than Rondo is out of his mind. Given that fact, anyone who thinks an inferior point guard should be playing at anytime is over thinking the game of basketball. I'm sure there is some truth the the "opposing defenses sag off Rondo" theory, but it is overblown, much like the "Moss stretches the field" theory. Lets not pretend basketball is chess. Its simple, the best players win games - and by "best" I don't necessarily mean fastest or highest vertical, I simply mean best basketball players, I mean players capable of moving the ball to create the highest percentage shots.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Nate will occasionally go in for Rondo in the 4th, and Delonte may also. But Nate makes poor decisions with the ball so doesn't have Doc's full trust in those situations. 

This is a trollish post that tries to make something big out of nothing big, which is: Doc is going to have some options to use in those situations, and it will depend on who is playing well. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Talk about a stupid thread.  Of course the usual Rondo bashers are here except for Dudder.  Well his protege is here, right Che?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

In Response to Re: SIGN OF THE FUTURE: RONDO ON BENCH IN 4TH OF A CLOSE GAME!:
    [QUOTE]Sign of the future or sign of the past? This has been going on since the Big Three era began. Rondo sitting at crunch time? What's new? If Rondo wanted to stay on the floor when the games was being decided, he would learn to shoot. He hasn't... so he doesn't. No big secret here. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]
    superb post, puddinBag. you may overtake dudder yet.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]Talk about a stupid thread.  Of course the usual Rondo bashers are here except for Dudder.  Well his protege is here, right Che?
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

I seem to remember you complaining about Rondo last year!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SIGN OF THE FUTURE: RONDO ON BENCH IN 4TH OF A CLOSE GAME! :  I seem to remember you complaining about Rondo last year!!  
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

I doubt it.  I have my negative thoughts about Celtic players but very seldom put them on here. I agree with some points on Rondo but overall he is a player.   Show me one post where I complained about Rondo. Back up your accusations.

Your are starting to get exposed by a lot of people now days aren't you?  You sure changed. (Or did you) 
    Bested again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

[QUOTE]Talk about a stupid thread.  Of course the usual Rondo bashers are here except for Dudder.  Well his protege is here, right Che?
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

One--separate me with pud and dud about rondo. i'm not bashing Rondo, I like Rondo.
    I'm bashing the people (you included) who compare his skills with a premier PG like Rose, Billups, Nash & Paul. Many times I said, Rondo is tailored to Celtics style & tailored to play with player with superior skills. Take him away from this team & let him lead the mediocre team, I'm not sure if he will deliver. A type of player that requires another player with tremendous talents to shine. 
    You have your opinion & I got mine.

I'm a Celtics fan & Celtics play team concept game, I will not exchange Rondo with other PG. 

Whatever decision by the coach why he did not play the 4th, we can only speculate - some said his liability that he can't shoot during cruch time - Notrade said we are ahead by 10 and no need to insert Rondo.
    Both sides will disagree & the broken record stay still.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SIGN OF THE FUTURE: RONDO ON BENCH IN 4TH OF A CLOSE GAME! : One--separate me with pud and dud about rondo. i'm not bashing Rondo, I like Rondo. I'm bashing the people (you included) who compare his skills with a premier PG like Rose, Billups, Nash & Paul. Many times I said, Rondo is tailored to Celtics style & tailored to play with player with superior skills. Take him away from this team & let him lead the mediocre team, I'm not sure if he will deliver. A type of player that requires another player with tremendous talents to shine.  You have your opinion & I got mine. I'm a Celtics fan & Celtics play team concept game, I will not exchange Rondo with other PG.  Whatever decision by the coach why he did not play the 4th, we can only speculate - some said his liability that he can't shoot during cruch time - Notrade said we are ahead by 10 and no need to insert Rondo. Both sides will disagree & the broken record stay still.
    Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]

First off you have never seen me post about his skills compared to other players.  All you have ever seen is I say he is the best fit for this team. Period. So back up your accusations. You can't.  The decision to play you say we can only specualte. Well you are the one that said you "knew" why he didn't play.  That don't sound like speculation to me.  Now quit making up stuff and post facts not garbage.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

oNE---i can't be here all the time and respond to your f*king last stupid words. u always has the last word.
    I work & u don't...u win.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]oNE---i can't be here all the time and respond to your f*king last stupid words. u always has the last word. I work & u don't...u win.
    Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]

Well quit making up stuff when you have the time and post facts instead.  I don't work?