SIGN OF THE FUTURE: RONDO ON BENCH IN 4TH OF A CLOSE GAME!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Re: SIGN OF THE FUTURE: RONDO ON BENCH IN 4TH OF A CLOSE GAME!

In Response to Re: SIGN OF THE FUTURE: RONDO ON BENCH IN 4TH OF A CLOSE GAME!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: SIGN OF THE FUTURE: RONDO ON BENCH IN 4TH OF A CLOSE GAME! : I doubt it.  I have my negative thoughts about Celtic players but very seldom put them on here. I agree with some points on Rondo but overall he is a player.   Show me one post where I complained about Rondo. Back up your accusations. Your are starting to get exposed by a lot of people now days aren't you?  You sure changed. (Or did you)  Bested again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

on feb. 25, 2010, you and Dudder seemed to have a lot in common!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SIGN OF THE FUTURE: RONDO ON BENCH IN 4TH OF A CLOSE GAME! :  on feb. 25, 2010, you and Dudder seemed to have a lot in common!!!
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

Still don't see it

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

How do you think BB earned the minutes to play in the 4th quarter? He EARNED them.And you can't earn them unless you perform over a period of time. Some times it works and sometimes it does'nt. But do you want to wait till the play offs to see in Nate can perform under pressure? Why not now? Not only that, it can certainly boost trade value..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

How do you think BB earned the minutes to play in the 4th quarter? He EARNED them.And you can't earn them unless you perform over a period of time. Some times it works and sometimes it does'nt. But do you want to wait till the play offs to see in Nate can perform under pressure? Why not now? Not only that, it can certainly boost trade value..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

i wouldn't read too much into this.  it was one game against a garbage team.  i am a RONDO TRUTHER in that i tell what i see when i see it in his game and to be honest with you the past couple games he has been more aggressive and looking to score.  i think he even shot 4-4 from the stripe.

nate finishing this game was probably more of a function of not over-working rondo, which is something that HAS been done in the past two years.

i have no problem with rondo finishing games as long as he's able to be the ball handler out there and not a liability.  he didn't play that SAC game like he was any type of liability.  but again, it was one game.

i thought we missed a chance to croak SAC early on and i loved rondo's early 2 drives to the bucket but the missed call on perhaps both and i think he might have been better off dunking one of htem.  but he wan't what blew an early killing of SAC, it was paul and ray forcing the issue with horrible judgement on some shots and dalembert was a real honest to goodness pest out there.

all in all, i'm happy with that game and nothing against SAC should be taken as an extrapolation of future rotations against real teams.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]How do you think BB earned the minutes to play in the 4th quarter? He EARNED them.And you can't earn them unless you perform over a period of time. Some times it works and sometimes it does'nt. But do you want to wait till the play offs to see in Nate can perform under pressure? Why not now? Not only that, it can certainly boost trade value..
    Posted by Ortiz123[/QUOTE]

correct me if i'm wrong, but nate proved that last year, right?

at this point i think we're just searching for some bench synergy while trying to avoid overworking the living crap out of the starters.  and i'd have to say i like the job doc is doing in that regard this year more than any other year.  i was really worried about ray early on, and his minutes are still too high but seem to be trending down rather than forever building up.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]Sign of the future or sign of the past? This has been going on since the Big Three era began. Rondo sitting at crunch time? What's new? If Rondo wanted to stay on the floor when the games was being decided, he would learn to shoot. He hasn't... so he doesn't. No big secret here. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]
    Never gonna give it a rest are you? Rondo must have sexted your girlfriend.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]Meh. You think Doc is going to bench him in the playoffs in the 4th? The PG that has been running the show with the big 3 for like 400 games. Your out of your mind. It's the first time Nate close a game when Rondo played all year..suddenly you think this will be a trend.
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]YES! me thinks if west is what he should be, that sy he is here... to routinely keep rr on the bench in those close playoff games to force kobe to expend max energy on offense rather than taking breathers which make him even stronger on offense!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]Meh. You think Doc is going to bench him in the playoffs in the 4th? The PG that has been running the show with the big 3 for like 400 games. Your out of your mind. It's the first time Nate close a game when Rondo played all year..suddenly you think this will be a trend.
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]we reallly havent had a trustworthy candidate. i believe we do with delonte! just in those late game FT shooting -a-premium situations.. rondo will have to take it whether he likes it or not for the greater good... reason its a big deal is because it will conclusively prove to all that ronDONT is not quite in the league of deron williams or derrick rose or chris paul. he is one degree of elite from those guys for none of them would even be considered for bench duty regardless who was available on the bench in those situations. none of their obvious weaknesses is as glaring as rond's! our next 4 are against the most elite teams, y on earth would doc seriously want rond in there against all of them in the last few minutes or the 4th? thats y nate was getting prepped. if west was around it would be PERMANENT!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SIGN OF THE FUTURE: RONDO ON BENCH IN 4TH OF A CLOSE GAME! : Never gonna give it a rest are you? Rondo must have sexted your girlfriend.
    Posted by jrleftfoot[/QUOTE]

Instead of taking the time to learn to shoot, that's exactly what young Rondo has been up to.

She was UGLY anyway.

We both could have done better.

Pud

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

not obvious to all u rondo koolaiders, the more he plays in the 4th or in close games, the more likely we are to lose against elite teams. how long can we play 4 on 5? he passes up more great shot opps than anyone else in the history of the game. what he does well gets negated and is often a negative in such situations. would rather see nate or west in there. we win mavs game if nate is in there!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Ive also been a fan of experimenting with replacing Rondo in the final minutes of close games. Hes gonna get HACKED in the playoffs and sent to the line. He'll prob throw the ball away when he sees it coming.

He also passes up too many bunnies and 1/3 of the time takes some wild shot from in the lane to avoid contact... some even go in but...

I think Rondo will take the elbow jumper and make them here and there but its almost like he does a double-take to make sure hes wide open before firing. Thats not shooting in rhythm and the reason hes wide open is cause the defender has sagged off to double PP or whoever.

Id like to see West finish games.. hes solid player, can shoot the perimeter & 3 as well as FTs. Even Nate, who is a roll of the dice, can be put in these situations occassionally.  

I've come to not trust Rondo in these spots. Im afraid he'll be on a breakaway with the C's trailing by 1 and the final seconds of the game clock ticking off...and he'll throw an over the shoulder pass to Ray for a 3.