Signature win vs Thunder

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Signature win vs Thunder

Hopefully this win will propel the C's to see how they have to play every game. The formula used last night worked well. PP was clutch, Green stepped up, KG was solid, bench was productive, JT hit big shots, etc,etc.

That was the good. Now for the bad. I've noticed that Rondo's D has really dropped off. He's allowing way too much penetration and it's breaking down our interior defense because the helper doesn't help. He seems more concerned about getting out on the break and picking up assists. Wilcox doesn't play pick and roll defense very well.

We still have a interior defense issue but that was a big win and hopefully we don't go to Orlando and give it back.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: Signature win vs Thunder

Agree, was a big win but when you lose to the 1-9 Pistons, kinda puts so-called "signature wins"in perspective.

I did like the defensive swarm in the lane but I have to disagree with you about Rondo... his D hasnt really dropped off, its been poor for quite some time.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Yea, def the signature win of the season. The first game that the cs played well on BOTH ends. It was good to see. A real team victory. The celtics are now 4-1 when j green scores in double figures. I have been tough on jgreen. But hes showing glimpses, hes got to continue to force the issue with drives to the basket and playing smart on the defensive end. But I like what im starting to see from him.  Terry is really shooting the ball great, he is really making the most of his limited shot attempts (only 7.8 fg attempts per game) but shooting 52% /43%/86%. He is patiently waiting for his opportunities and  playing very hard on the defensive end. All with a  great,positive attitude, not crying about lack of touches. I luv what jet is bringin to this team. I really like lee's defense but hes misses a lot of shots he normally would make ( specifically corners 3's). He is a 38% CAREER 3 pt shooter only shooting 20% this year  (almost half). Its still early hopefully he finds his stroke.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I think Ainge knows he has to make a move at some point. Whether it be Biedrins, Gortat or Martin...I think we'll see one if not two of these guys in Boston by the new year.

These next few games are crucial and hopefully we don't take a step back. Someone said that last year we were 4-8 after 12 games...is this true? I don't remember. If so, we're ahead of where we were last year even though it doesn't seem like we're playing that well.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Sully had a very strong second quarter and did a lot of veteran-like things well; examples include boxing out on the defensive end (so KG could grab the rebound with no bodies around as Perk used to do), a strip steal he went to the ground to fight for and got, follow up offensive rebound for points, oustide shooting for points, fake outside shot and pass to open big underneth for layp up (Wilcox), help defense (he get the Cs system). Very polished pro player with a vaired skill set.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

This was probably the best team game this year.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

it's funny...has the game changed that much or did we just have a fantastic roster from the "Russ years" through the "Bird years"?  ..... I mean, it now seems that every year (even in year one of "the Big Three" era) we are talking about who Ainge can acquire to make the roster stronger so that we can be true contenders.....that never happened back in the day....is there a shortage of quality players that can make a difference in today's NBA.....?  .....just wondering...years ago the roster didn't change throughout the course of a season...anyone remember those days...? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

In response to Duke4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

it's funny...has the game changed that much or did we just have a fantastic roster from the "Russ years" through the "Bird years"?  ..... I mean, it now seems that every year (even in year one of "the Big Three" era) we are talking about who Ainge can acquire to make the roster stronger so that we can be true contenders.....that never happened back in the day....is there a shortage of quality players that can make a difference in today's NBA.....?  .....just wondering...years ago the roster didn't change throughout the course of a season...anyone remember those days...? 

[/QUOTE]

Duke

I do think the game has evolved . But its the proliferation of Talk radio shows and Internet forums. that causes a lot of talk about making a team stronger more noticeable

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to Duke4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Or there was only one player added.........it was usually a good player like Maravich for us, or Thompson for the lakers...or, or course, the immortal Conner Henry for us!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

right on both counts guys....but I meant "in season moves".......going back the the Russell years....through the Havlicek & Cowens days.....and the Bird era....the starting roster stayed pretty much in tact as I recall.....(I don't know....does my memory fail me?).....we added pieces mid season to our "Big Three" roster (PJ was a juge contributor)....and every year since we talk about who to trade or trade for...who to add...it happens every year now like clockwork....what changed over the decades? ....there are 75% more teams now and the league is filled with International players...yet every year it seems like we are unhappy with the core players on the roster and we are looking to "fill in the gaps"....again, is it just me...?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I think for the Celtics, much of it revolves around injury... Yearly our roster gets annihilated by injury and DA tries to find some breathing body to fill in.. Not much luck in that dept for the most part since the days of PJ Brown.