Simmons likes Varejao in Green

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Simmons likes Varejao in Green

He's calling for trading draft picks (both of our #1s) and JO's expiring contract.
    Here's the link: http://www.celticsblog.com/
    Varejao had a 20/20 game against us the other night, as I recall.
    He's listed as being 29 right now, so he probably has 3 years left in him.
    Looks  good to me, but I tend to shoot from the hip.
    I'd be interested in what other people on this board think.
    Comments?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Simmons likes Varejao in Green

We should try to make it happen. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from spewey. Show spewey's posts

In Response to Re: Simmons likes Varejao in Green:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Simmons likes Varejao in Green : Won't make sense for the Cavs because they will need Varejao in the 1st round of the playoffs.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

You actually think the Cavs would slow their rebuilding process and keep one of their few trading chips in hopes of getting an 8th seed first round playoff appearance against the Heat?  Varejao can be had.

Incidentally there was nothing to the Simmons article-just thoughts about NBA trades that should (but likely won't) go down. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]Varejao is not available because the Cavs are fighting for the 8th seed. The Cavs need Varejao in the playoffs. That's just Bill Simmons' pipe dream.  No way Ainge will trade our two 1st round picks this year when this upcoming draft is the deepest since 2003.

You're jealous, because Simmons' pipe dream is better then any of yours!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from spewey. Show spewey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Simmons likes Varejao in Green : The Cavs already found their franchise player in Kyrie Irving. They only need to surround him with up and coming veteran players. Just like what the Bulls did after they got Rose in 2008. No need for the Cavs to continue to dwell in the lottery.

You got it figured out.  It's just that easy.

You are on a basketball chatroom all day long and this is what you come up with. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

I'm not a fan of trading 1st round draft picks.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Either trade young player or 1 ist round, not both....Cleve can crash and burn, and get a couple of draft picks to add to their rebuilding process..at the same time gives us some ammo to stop Lebrains..I'm sure that would'nt hurt their feelings at all..They are not going anywhere with that team....

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I love Varejao---although not a 6'11" or 7 footer, he is a feisty scrapper. A player not as tall either I find similar is Joakim Noah but no way we can get him from the Bulls. Anderson would look terrific in Green with his hair cut too(HA!!!). Work a deal Danny!!!

This has been mentioned by many…also be trying to get Kaman as soon as he is bought out. Also, if by some miracle, in a multiple team deal we can get Howard, go for it. Don’t think we can get either of these guys but I agree that with a player similar we’d be a strong playoff team.  If we need trade Allen, and I’ve liked him very much, and Rondo too & toss in JO also to get the desired Center, let’s do it !!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Both Ind and GS are trying to get Kaman via trade.  Likely he will not be bought out...........I also agree with Fierce that CLE will not trade Varajeo right now.  We are talking about him, because we just played CLE and he had a good game.  We all talked about McGee after we played WAS........just what we do.  Danny does need to do something, but none of us knows what he is up to!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

I've never seen such player envy like I see here.
    Every time a player has a great game against Boston, Celtics fans start talking about lopsided trades to get that player.

It happens with McGee, Nick Young, Greg Monroe, Hibbert, Westbrook, Bargnani, Nash, Dwight Howard and so many other players.

Boston's spare parts won't get them a very good player in a one-sided trade...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]According to Simmons we offer JO and two 1st round picks. The Cavs are way below the salary cap next season, they don't need JO's expiring contract.

Don't want to give up the two picks for Varajeo.  I would rather focus, as you know, on Blatche.

JON for Blatche makes sense because JON is done at the end of the year, then WAS can play Jonas V......., and offer contracts to Young and McGee.  Blatche is holding them back right now!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

I agree with Fiercest here. We need those 2 draft picks,and you don't trade them for a role player. 

Varejo doesn't play like that,against teams that have big men who aren't over the hill.

He wouldn't make them good enough to beat the Heat. The Celtics need to trade for draft picks and young players. 

They can't continue to add pieces around the big 3 or even 4,and expect to compete, against younger and more athletic teams.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

No way do we trade our first round picks for this guy. I do like his rebounding, but the guy gets dominated every time he plays against bigger and athletic centers.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cfaninla. Show cfaninla's posts

[QUOTE]I've never seen such player envy like I see here. Every time a player has a great game against Boston, Celtics fans start talking about lopsided trades to get that player. It happens with McGee, Nick Young, Greg Monroe, Hibbert, Westbrook, Bargnani, Nash, Dwight Howard and so many other players. Boston's spare parts won't get them a very good player in a one-sided trade...
    Posted by GinaM1977[/QUOTE]

gina, just wondering...does your team have a chat board? you sure are on this one a lot talking trash about the C's....by the way, what team DO you root for?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

He said he was a Minnie fan..that says it all..I would'nt be on their site either..

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Simmons likes Varejao in Green : gina, just wondering...does your team have a chat board? you sure are on this one a lot talking trash about the C's....by the way, what team DO you root for?
    Posted by cfaninla[/QUOTE]

Minnesota Timberwolves fans really don't have a chat board other then one on cbssports.com.
    The websites of newspapers never developed them.
    They recently started allowing comments on articles on their websites.
    Not many women love basketball like I do, so I am a fish out of water...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

My God, what a whiney little thing you are.
    Are you so jealous of my position here that you need to call me The Matrix?
    I hate the Cavs. I will hate them less if they trade Varajeo and Sessions to LA or Varajeo to Minn.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Simmons likes Varejao in Green : gina, just wondering...does your team have a chat board? you sure are on this one a lot talking trash about the C's....by the way, what team DO you root for?
    Posted by cfaninla[/QUOTE]

This is mtrax, remember when HE (still lying about being a woman) said he was a CAVS fan?  Then he started a thread to announce to the world that HE was really a lakers fan?  (not that anyone cared) Then he got banned.  He is now back insulting our intelligence once again claiming to be a T-Wolves fan!!  Hope you are not falling for it - and it doesn't look like you are.
    mtrax is a liar, don't believe a word she....oops I mean HE says!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

I could do Varejao for a non lottery first round pick.   He is a true hustler, not part time.   Can't teach hustle.   But, he's not a 20/20 player.   More like 10/7.   But, if you don't come to play then get out of the way cause he will.   Cs offensive rebounding is offensive.   Nobody goes to the O board (except RR).   I've noticed AB couple times cause he ain't got nothing else to do on offense as he gets out of the way when the ball crosses half court.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

and when  doc goes to small line ups imagine the hustle with him, rondo, Ab, petrius,Bass, and or maybe KG....yeah!!!

Sections
Shortcuts