Simmons needs to STFU.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

Simmons needs to STFU.

Boston is already not the most desirable place for free agents, and now Simmons has got himself involved in some stupid public feud with doc, who most people respect as a coach and a person? Yeah, bill, please STFU. You're not doing us any favors. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Re: Simmons needs to STFU.

In response to kaktug's comment:

Boston is already not the most desirable place for free agents, and now Simmons has got himself involved in some stupid public feud with doc, who most people respect as a coach and a person? Yeah, bill, please . You're not doing us any favors. 

He was so annoying on ESPN's draft coverage.  I hope he's not back next year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I think Simmons is at times hilarious, and he's one of us. But a network that prides itself on objective analysis shouldn't be hiring a fan.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrogdorZing. Show TrogdorZing's posts

Boston is already not the most desirable place for free agents, and now Simmons has got himself involved in some stupid public feud with doc, who most people respect as a coach and a person? Yeah, bill, please ****. You're not doing us any favors. 

This will have nothing to do with anyone wanting to come to Boston. 

I do not understand why Doc gets a free pass when he has been pulling a Favre the last 3 offseasons... 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Doc quit on the Cs. Simmons called him on it. Doc comes back and calls Simmons an idiot and doc's kid got involved tweeting in defense of his dad.

Simmons tells doc to find a story and stick with it while turning his 5 1/2 year old loose to fight with docs kids.

Doc should have stayed above the fray and ignored Simmons but Simmons hit a nerve....

So doc gets seriously buzzed while Simmons get serious buzz.

Pud

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

wouldnt you know it...i agree with pud.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to JamezHill24's comment:

wouldnt you know it...i agree with pud.

wouldn't you know it...i agree with jamez.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Doc did change stories like 3 times and Simmons just called him out. I agree with Simmons Doc needs to own it.

The owners tod doc they wanted to rebuild.

Doc didn't want to be a part of it.

The owners wante to get something for Doc to let him out of the contract.

They got a #1

Doc said the owners approached HIM about moving on and that's not the case. Doc didn't want to be part of a rebuild...Doc should've just said that and nobody would blame him. They would ask him why he signed a 5 yr deal though.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I always knew there was hope for James, he's finally joined the good guys.

Doc quit on the Celtics. How could any Celtic fan defend him!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

Boston is already not the most desirable place for free agents, and now Simmons has got himself involved in some stupid public feud with doc, who most people respect as a coach and a person? Yeah, bill, please . You're not doing us any favors. 

He was so annoying on ESPN's draft coverage.  I hope he's not back next year.

I couldn't believe who this fool was when watching the draft.  I had to look him up. His snarky "commmentary" was irritating beyond belief.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rochrist. Show rochrist's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

I think Simmons is at times hilarious, and he's one of us. But a network that prides itself on objective analysis shouldn't be hiring a fan.

Say what? ESPN? Objective analysis? I don't think the word means what you think it does.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Without knowing any history on the person and first time seeing, people could see Johnny Most as annoying, over-the-top homer.  If you actually have read and knew a little about Bill Simmons beforehand, you might actually come to think that he is one of the good guy and a huge Celtics fan.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

Doc did change stories like 3 times and Simmons just called him out. I agree with Simmons Doc needs to own it.

They got a #1

Doc said the owners approached HIM about moving on and that's not the case. Doc didn't want to be part of a rebuild...Doc should've just said that and nobody would blame him. They would ask him why he signed a 5 yr deal though.

The story changed because the circumstances changed and the events were moving fast and furious.  That's like saying Danny didn't change his opinion and approach in this process.   At one point, everyone knows Danny changed from "I want him back" to "I want a first round pick".   When Doc said "ok, its over and I'll be back", Danny goes and works a deal with Clips and tells Doc's agent "he's gone".   If Simmons wants to blame someone for what's going on with the Celts, just look at the one constant in the Ray departure, Doc departure, KG and Paul departure, Williams departure, etc.   Guess who says one thing and does another?

Doc doesn't want to tell the whole story because to tell the story, he'd have to get into the internal discussions with Danny regarding people like Rondo, blowing up the team, etc.   Doc chose to try to just talk around the circumstances.   I respect his trying not to air dirty laundry with Danny and Wyc.  Why throw darts on your way out.  Doc is taking the high road and I like his class for doing that.

Simmons needs to S*T*F*U and just move on.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

They got a #1

The story changed because the circumstances changed and the events were moving fast and furious.  That's like saying Danny didn't change his opinion and approach in this process.   At one point, everyone knows Danny changed from "I want him back" to "I want a first round pick".   When Doc said "ok, its over and I'll be back", Danny goes and works a deal with Clips and tells Doc's agent "he's gone".   If Simmons wants to blame someone for what's going on with the Celts, just look at the one constant in the Ray departure, Doc departure, KG and Paul departure, Williams departure, etc.   Guess who says one thing and does another?

Doc doesn't want to tell the whole story because to tell the story, he'd have to get into the internal discussions with Danny regarding people like Rondo, blowing up the team, etc.   Doc chose to try to just talk around the circumstances.   I respect his trying not to air dirty laundry with Danny and Wyc.  Why throw darts on your way out.  Doc is taking the high road and I like his class for doing that.

Jeremiah, shouldn't you move on to the Clippers board?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Story of what happened should not change.  The mindset and the thought processes changed as the events unfolded, but the sequence of events cannot change.  There are a lot of spins and people want to have it both or several ways which ever suit their narratives.  If you can't explain in simple terms and a few sentences, it just lies and twists that they want you to hear.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to scubber's comment:

Story of what happened should not change.  The mindset and the thought processes changed as the events unfolded, but the sequence of events cannot change.  There are a lot of spins and people want to have it both or several ways which ever suit their narratives.  If you can't explain in simple terms and a few sentences, it just lies and twists that they want you to hear.

Well, that was a clear as mud.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

They got a #1

Jeremiah, shouldn't you move on to the Clippers board?

Come on Mr. Simmons, don't you get enouh air time on ESPN without clogging up thie Board?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In response to scubber's comment:

Well, that was a clear as mud.

How could one understand?  Nothing in there is sympathetic to Doc narrative.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

Doc is a quitter. He quit on the Celtics way worse than Ray Allen. At least Allen had many reasons to leave. But Doc? I am happy to see that someone is outing that rat.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

I doubt this was Doc. Danny wanted to rebuild long time ago, he saw a small window of opportunity and stuck with it..and arent we glad he did???  But going back to Simmons..wassup with this guy??? he started as a very good logical sports writer to turn himself into the Joan Ranger of basketball!!!  He wont last long unless the NBA likes that kind of stuff.. I even think Stephen A Smith provides a better input than Bill Douc#@ Simmons.. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

In response to TrogdorZing's comment:

Boston is already not the most desirable place for free agents, and now Simmons has got himself involved in some stupid public feud with doc, who most people respect as a coach and a person? Yeah, bill, please ****. You're not doing us any favors. 

This will have nothing to do with anyone wanting to come to Boston. 

I do not understand why Doc gets a free pass when he has been pull The fact thaing a Favre the last 3 offseasons... 

Amen!!! To all the doc apologists 4Q2!!! With our team winning one ring was a disappointment. He ain't winning squat with the clips and will bail after a one and done  year and go up to the front office and be as good a GM as Walt Hazard was there. Had his dumb azz been more discreet he would've gotten KG and PP to play with him. He mailed it in the month of the season and the first round. I bet he never once set foot in Boston after his last game here. That garbage about "If you notice I'm not wearing a suit because all my suits are still in Boston" balogna. If you believed that I got some prime real estate in sunny Fla I will sell you cheap.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Simmons called the media darling out and Doc lovers hate it.  Just the way Doc has behaved stinks of a liar.. starting with his public name calling ..

Both Wyc and DA were quoted early on saying this was Docs doing... not theirs... obviously they felt some bitterness... too late to sweep it under the rug..

Doc was banking on his media popularity and hype the last several years to make him immune to criticism... sorry DOc but your facade is coming down fast and so will the facade of your being a great coach too

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

Simmons called the media darling out and Doc lovers hate it.  Just the way Doc has behaved stinks of a liar.. starting with his public name calling ..

Both Wyc and DA were quoted early on saying this was Docs doing... not theirs... obviously they felt some bitterness... too late to sweep it under the rug..

Doc was banking on his media popularity and hype the last several years to make him immune to criticism... sorry DOc but your facade is coming down fast and so will the facade of your being a great coach too

Amen +1

Sections
Shortcuts