Since the moderators won't ban him let's do a poll on Lakers-nation32

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from koberulz. Show koberulz's posts

Re: Since the moderators won't ban him let's do a poll on Lakers-nation32

=

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

In Response to Re: Since the moderators won't ban him let's do a poll on Lakers-nation32:
    [QUOTE]I am trying the ingore "thing". spare us, hedRuss4everIII,etc. ignoring trolls is not what you do here. never has been.
    Posted by BaileyPowe[/QUOTE]
    Exactly what I was thinking. It'll never happen.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Since the moderators won't ban him let's do a poll on Lakers-nation32:
    [QUOTE]Don't know how you resist them, Red/Russ. These klowns so very want, so very need, so very luv to engage you in meaningful dialog . Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

Naw, I think I've had enough.  No sense trying to fight them when I'm the only one, and no one does anything anyway.  I don't have any Celtics fans on ignore.....yet, but all these "clowns" as you call them - I just don't think they belong here.  It is not allowed on other newspapers, so why here?  I have fought the good fight, and some of them have gone away.....the rest are just like little gnats, so I think I'll leave them alone and see what that does!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

[QUOTE] =
    Posted by koberulz[/QUOTE]

Lmao! I see the likeness.

Wink

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickFaldo. Show NickFaldo's posts

[QUOTE]I am trying the ingore "thing". spare us, hedRuss4everIII,etc. ignoring trolls is not what you do here. never has been.
    Posted by BaileyPowe[/QUOTE]

This is getting confusing. Didn't Hedley retire from the board? Maybe someone has tried to steal his persona? Rico?

I agree with the normal people who use the ignore button. Maybe the Globe thinks this kind of atmosphere encourages page hits. I don't. If so, it's only short term growth.

This is exactly why decent Celtic fans left a year or two ago, and two new forums were created. This is the kind of stuff you'd expect from the Herald. Now Mazz is a featured columnist here. Why hire him? This used to be the best sports page in the whole country. I miss the old Boston Globe.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Since the moderators won't ban him let's do a poll on Lakers-nation32 : This is getting confusing. Didn't Hedley retire from the board? 
    Posted by NickFaldo[/QUOTE]
    The user currently going by the name RedRuss has been known by many other usernames in the past. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I don't mind the Laker posters at all, they help liven up the board!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from koberulz. Show koberulz's posts

Thanks kyceltic!  Nice to see there are decent people everywhere, even in Boston.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

They are toothless right now with their team on the skids.  Nothing they say has any bite because they know they are hurting. When and if next season starts they will be around and hopefully the Lake show will be on the skids as it was this year in the playoffs.

We have are own challenges but the slimy front running laker show has taken a very telling blow and seems headed for hard times.  The trolls will die a slow death along with them in that case.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from koberulz. Show koberulz's posts

concord27 - if you consider the team that has won 2 of the last 3 championships on the skids, then I hate to know how you truly feel about your Celtics, considering they have only 1 championship in the past 23 years. Tongue out

And yes, we will ALWAYS be around as the Celtic organization makes any NBA fan laugh. I'm just sayin'

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

[QUOTE]concord27 - if you consider the team that has won 2 of the last 3 championships on the skids, then I hate to know how you truly feel about your Celtics, considering they have only 1 championship in the past 23 years. And yes, we will ALWAYS be around as the Celtic organization makes any NBA fan laugh. I'm just sayin'
    Posted by koberulz[/QUOTE]

It's well known that from 1987-2007 the celtics as an organization were a joke. They couldn't win a one-ticket lottery. The public knows this was a result of pathetic management, ridiculous coaching, absolutley insane drafting, poor talent scouting and a franchise in disarray.

Now, celtic fans will blame bad luck, bad luck and bad luck. Hard for them to figure they were just actually useless. If not for McFale, they would still be useless. However, with ainge in charge having made not a decent move himself and the Rockets having had their star player retire, that 20+ year period boston fans got to know so well will again emerge. Oh well, I guess the celts record is one better than the Clips record lmao!!!

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Wow !!! I put this under a separate post entitled:
    "Andrew Bynum Above the Law  ???" and it got deleted. Why ???
    Dunno !!!

Just put Andrew Bynum parks in 2 handicap spaces into Google if you wish more info or links.

Watch how he selfishly slams door on guy questioning his act. Read too that it's not unexpected based on Kobe, the rapist, and Odom running over a 15 year old boy on a motorcycle. Bynum has wobbly knees...let him apply for a Handicap sticker. Do you know of any ACTIVE NBA player who has one ??? Of course, in tinsle town who know if he can't pull some strings. He displayed a disregard for the common citizen, especially a handicapped one. I read there were spaces only a few feet away...just plain arrogance.

Odom's act, naturally, was an accident but still a star athlete should have been extra careful, I think.

Kobe, well, he walks on Water in LA !!!

http://bdlsports.net/2011/07/20/andrew-bynum-parks-in-handicap-spot/

http://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/msn/la_lakers_andrew_bynum_parks_in_handicapped_spaces/5620897

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Since the moderators won't ban him let's do a poll on Lakers-nation32 : This is getting confusing. Didn't Hedley retire from the board? Maybe someone has tried to steal his persona? Rico? I agree with the normal people who use the ignore button. Maybe the Globe thinks this kind of atmosphere encourages page hits. I don't. If so, it's only short term growth. This is exactly why decent Celtic fans left a year or two ago, and two new forums were created. This is the kind of stuff you'd expect from the Herald. Now Mazz is a featured columnist here. Why hire him? This used to be the best sports page in the whole country. I miss the old Boston Globe.
    Posted by NickFaldo[/QUOTE]

Page hits translate into advertising revenue, something that the Globe desperately needs to keep their financial heads above water. Money talks.

Regarding the forums that spun off of BDC two years ago because of problems related to trolling, both struggle with lack of diversity/small tent/low traffic/over moderation issues... aka b-o-r-i-n-g.

Diversity of opinion is a good thing. 

Pud 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Since the moderators won't ban him let's do a poll on Lakers-nation32 : It's well known that from 1987-2007 the celtics as an organization were a joke. They couldn't win a one-ticket lottery. The public knows this was a result of pathetic management, ridiculous coaching, absolutley insane drafting, poor talent scouting and a franchise in disarray. Now, celtic fans will blame bad luck, bad luck and bad luck. Hard for them to figure they were just actually useless. If not for McFale, they would still be useless. However, with ainge in charge having made not a decent move himself and the Rockets having had their star player retire, that 20+ year period boston fans got to know so well will again emerge. Oh well, I guess the celts record is one better than the Clips record lmao!!!
    Posted by Laker-Nation32[/QUOTE]

See this is what I find hilarious.  The ridiculous back and forth.  I am a Celtic fan and I have been a celtic fan for 30 years.  So let me tell you something man.  I know the Celtics stunk for a long time.  I am fan either way.  The Celtics obviously have won more championships than any team in the NBA.  I am proud of that.  But obviously they stunk for a long time.  So what?  What's your point? Are you really trying to start an argument about whether the Celtics used to be bad?  They were.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Since the moderators won't ban him let's do a poll on Lakers-nation32 : Page hits translate into advertising revenue, something that the Globe desperately needs to keep their financial heads above water. Money talks. Regarding the forums that spun off of BDC two years ago because of problems related to trolling, both struggle with lack of diversity/small tent/low traffic/over moderation issues... aka b-o-r-i-n-g. Diversity of opinion is a good thing.  Pud   
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

This I agree with.  I would never post on a site where someone didn't allow others to post because they did not tow the party line.  Obviously most of these guys are trolls but so what? No one is forcing you to read it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]Wow my own thread!! Firstly, I'd like to dedicate this event to the millions around the world that support THE greatest basketball franchise of all time.....the Los Angeles Lakers. Secondly, to the Laker Nation that continue to support and encourage the message that is....the Los Angeles Lakers forever. Lastly, to the trolls who despite saying don't read my words of enlightenment but really do....one title in the last 24 years is one better than the Clips! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
    This is the classic case of not laughing with you, but laughing at you!!!

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Koberulz,
    I am aware of the Lakers last two championships.  What I was merely pointing out is your team is on the skids.  Get ready for a long hard winter the next few years. Say by to Kobe and think and hope the league can gift you back into relevance.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

[QUOTE]Koberulz, I am aware of the Lakers last two championships.  What I was merely pointing out is your team is on the skids.  Get ready for a long hard winter the next few years. Say by to Kobe and think and hope the league can gift you back into relevance.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

You must be confused with McFale gifting you Minny's franchise player!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Since the moderators won't ban him let's do a poll on Lakers-nation32 : You must be confused with McFale gifting you Minny's franchise player!!

Jimmy's gift to Laker fans for 2011-12:

Sections
Shortcuts