Since this is a Celtics forum

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Since this is a Celtics forum

OK so temporarily, with the ignore feature gone, we are privy to everyone's posts.....that there are a lot of kids onboard is quite obvious...and some are pretending to be Celtic fans who want to point out the "truth"...(you and we all know who you are...)

that said....isn't it about time to drop all the "Celtics were a great team many years ago"....?  .....let's take a look at the last five years....the Celtics have been a true contender....they have two trips to the Finals, where they have split championships with the Lakers....in the second year of the "Big 3 Era" they were dominating the league until KG was lost for the season...I believe they probably would've had a repeat....this past year they took the Heat down to the final quarter in game 7 on the road....now Danny has retooled (as has Mitch)....both teams will contend this year....the Celtics currently are younger than the Lakers....let's just let the season play out and see what happens....

as a Celtic fan I still hang my hat on the Celtics legacy over the years....and their dominance head to head with the Lakers...

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Re: Since this is a Celtics forum

In response to Since this is a Celtics forum:

I can't wait to say "??? Punch Lakers in the Grill!!!" 30 times this season.

That's right, the Lakers will lose 30 times!

Fiercest,
    Please, snap out of it. I bet that you'd salivate at the possibility of 2013 Finals with Celtics vs Lakers. (Score Celtics-4, Lakers-2, game 6: Celtics 115 - Lakers 75 (priceless)). So, let them be. Of course, 2 times during the season we all be in deep "Beat LA" mode.
    I suspect that if the majority of Celtics fans forget about LAL and start talking smack about Heat all GKs, GoGreens, et al will become die hard Heat fans overnight.

AK

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

OK so temporarily, with the ignore feature gone, we are privy to everyone's posts.....that there are a lot of kids onboard is quite obvious...and some are pretending to be Celtic fans who want to point out the "truth"...(you and we all know who you are...)

that said....isn't it about time to drop all the "Celtics were a great team many years ago"....?  .....let's take a look at the last five years....the Celtics have been a true contender....they have two trips to the Finals, where they have split championships with the Lakers....in the second year of the "Big 3 Era" they were dominating the league until KG was lost for the season...I believe they probably would've had a repeat....this past year they took the Heat down to the final quarter in game 7 on the road....now Danny has retooled (as has Mitch)....both teams will contend this year....the Celtics currently are younger than the Lakers....let's just let the season play out and see what happens....

as a Celtic fan I still hang my hat on the Celtics legacy over the years....and their dominance head to head with the Lakers...

We had a great run 50 years ago.  We've had a good run the past 5 years. 20 of the past 25 years, we were awful.

I agree.... lets do let the season play out.

But head to head for me doesn't mean much since we've not met in the Finals very often during the past 25 years.. and may never again.

Why live in the way, way, way distant past?

Pud

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Pud....we had a great run 50 years ago?.....that would be 1962....by then we only had 5 titles......we continued that run for another 25+ years......yes, we fell on hard times but certainly losing Bias and Lewis made quite a difference during that period....I get that we went through a long draught....many teams, including the Lakers went years without winning a championship...but I never stopped rooting........I am not living in the past.....I am enjoying the present very much....but, like Dodgers fans (I am one)...I remember the good times (last World Series win was in 1988)....and I still consider them to be a marquee franchise.....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]

Pud....we had a great run 50 years ago?.....that would be 1962....by then we only had 5 titles......we continued that run for another 25+ years......yes, we fell on hard times but certainly losing Bias and Lewis made quite a difference during that period....I get that we went through a long draught....many teams, including the Lakers went years without winning a championship...but I never stopped rooting........I am not living in the past.....I am enjoying the present very much....but, like Dodgers fans (I am one)...I remember the good times (last World Series win was in 1988)....and I still consider them to be a marquee franchise.....

[/QUOTE]I've never stopped rooting either but head to head made quite a difference when we played the Lakers nearly every year for the title. I got spoiled with titles  thru the Russell era. Really spoiled.

The Cowens and Bird eras were less wonderful but wonderful still... and then it stopped. We can play "what ifs" until the cows come home about Bias and Lewis but that was then. And there is little to prove and a lot to feel sad about.

With expansion and free agency w/ the cart now leading the horse, Beantown is no longer a highly desireable destination. Wish it were... but its not. Super disadvantage. That and Red no longer running the show. Time has likely passed us by... and it truly suks.

But head to head.... there are way too many heads now. We are now one among many. The Lakers could easily add a handful of rings with their retooling. We still having a 9-3 head to head is little to no consolation.

Who knows... maybe the retooling Dodgers will become quite the destination and we can go head to head with the Giants and the Yankees on a regular basis, just like old, old times.

Pud

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

you are not a Celtic fan and you aren't fooling anyone....remember it goes both ways....from 1955 through 1979 the Lakers won 1 championship....in 25 years.....

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

you are not a Celtic fan and you aren't fooling anyone....remember it goes both ways....from 1955 through 1979 the Lakers won 1 championship....in 25 years.....

I reported him, Duke.   This is kobedaman, now let's see if the new system will work!!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Celtics fans - welcome

Lakers fans - welcome

lakers fans posing as Celtics fans - bye bye

lakers trolls who instigate - bye bye

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

Celtics fans - welcome

Lakers fans - welcome

What about Celtic's fans that instigate?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]

Celtics fans - welcome

Lakers fans - welcome

What about Celtic's fans that instigate?

[/QUOTE]

I don't instigate  - I actually will like this new system, so I can make ONE post without being attacked by you people!

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

You are the one that attacks, nitpicks and knows little about the subject at hand.
    Pot meet kettle.

Right on cue, mtrax!!!!!
    Find ONE time where I instigated first!!  Go ahead, I'll wait!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DarkFenX89. Show DarkFenX89's posts

I can't wait to report every single troll post by Lakers fans posing as Celtics fans.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

maybe when school starts again the kids will leave......

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

I'm rarely annoyed by the "kids" needling. They can be quite clever and creative in their deviousness.

I simply can't let them know when/if they've gotten under my skin though... cause they never forget exactly where that opening is... for future reference.

And they can make some very good points from time to time in their efforts to educate/enlighten/hustle me.

A minor nuisance... with entertainment value for sure.

Pud

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I doubt it, it started out here

Sections
Shortcuts