Since this is a Celtics forum

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KingShaq. Show KingShaq's posts

Re: Since this is a Celtics forum

In response to Fiercest34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The article said:

By contrast, the Celts were constantly battling Philly, Milwaukee, and Detroit, all of whom were better than any of the contenders out West by a significant margin.

http://hoopsanalyst.com/blog/?p=73

Here's more:

While the Celts battled with Philly, Milwaukee, and Detroit, the Lakers had their way with decent teams like Denver and Portland for the entire decade.  In fact, the Lakers weren’t tested much in the Western Conference.

You're better off saying, "The Lakers are a crappy team."

[/QUOTE]

Was the article published by the NBA? Is that the NBA's official position that reaching the finals from the west is worse than reaching the 2nd round in the east?

Can't wait to see how you can back that up, WITH EVIDENCE FROM THE NBA...

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to KingShaq's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Fiercest34's comment:[/QUOTE]

You're a fraud!

All you asked was proof that the western conference was weaker in 80s. I gave it to you.

[/QUOTE]

That's your problem. You think just by giving some garbage, that constitute proofs, just like RedRust did: "I talked to ESPN LA" (but can't furnish any recording of what they said), that constituted proofs that no Bynum injury => no Gasol trade.

Your proof is not relevant. How can you use regular season record to prove the east is stronger? We are talking about playoffs!!!! Basically, your small thinking have been trying to discredit the regular season:

- Lakers superior record in the regular season doesn't count

- Celtics flaming out in the regular season doesn't count as discredit (your own standpoint), because they would have gotten lottery picks.

Yet when it helps you to prove that the East is stronger, then count the regular season records. See how you want to move the goalposts? do you think I'll let you?

[/QUOTE]

I didn't know he really WAS King!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When 99% of the people accept what you say as truth, why waste your time on the other 1%????????????

I'm tired of your pontificating..............you know nothing about basketball and are a fountain of misinformation.........you have probably never played a REAL team sport in your life (kicking balls around a field "doesn't count"), and you only come on here to annoy people..........get a life!!!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KingShaq. Show KingShaq's posts

In response to Red-16Russ-11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm tired of your pontificating..............you know nothing about basketball and are a fountain of misinformation.........you have probably never played a REAL team sport in your life (kicking balls around a field "doesn't count"), and you only come on here to annoy people..........get a life!!!

[/QUOTE]

And you are up to personal attack again. Why bother when you can't argue? or when others don't accept your distortion? No matter what, I caught your hand in the cookie jar regarding this "no Bynum injury => no Gasol trade", and you have no way to back out, no matter how many times you yap, how many times you claim you give up, how many times you claim you showed the proofs.

You have no way to get off the hook.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from KingShaq. Show KingShaq's posts

[QUOTE]

If you need an official report from the NBA that says Tom Chambers, Dale Ellis, and Alex English are inferior compared to MJ, Dr. J, and Isiah Thomas, then clearly there's something wrong with your brain.

[/QUOTE]

See, when you get cornered, just move the goal posts.

This is about the Lakers' team opponents, not individual opponents. Show us the NBA's position that the western conference teams are weak that reaching the final from the west doesn't count.

When everything fails, just bring up 1-on-1 street ball, Dr. J vs Dale Ellis, Tom Chambers vs Isiah. Yet when I showed you the 20 HOFers the Lakers faced in the playoffs, you wimped out with only "Alex English". Yep, Alex English is a HOFer, and you have no way to refute that fact.

And you have absolutely no way to substantiate your claim. Besides, the Lakers making the 8 finals is still way better than the Spurs making 4 finals. Using YOUR LOGIC, the Lakers dominated, unless you can tell us a team is better to lose in the early rounds than in the finals, i.e. you think early playoff exit is good.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KingShaq. Show KingShaq's posts

[QUOTE]

Listen, you're just a troll antagonizing Celtic fans. You're the only one here who says I contradict my opinions.

[/QUOTE]

Of course, because I am the only one here bother to educate you on basketball. Better yet, tell us why the regular season records of the Bucks, Hawks, Pistons, etc. matter when

- you advocate missing the playoffs (i.e. suck in the regular season) is good, especially for lottery picks.

- the Lakers had better regular season records than the Celtics, why bother comparing playoffs and championships?

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And you are up to personal attack again. Why bother when you can't argue? or when others don't accept your distortion? No matter what, I caught your hand in the cookie jar regarding this "no Bynum injury => no Gasol trade", and you have no way to back out, no matter how many times you yap, how many times you claim you give up, how many times you claim you showed the proofs.

[/QUOTE]

Phil Jackson and Mitch Kupchak agree with me...........................

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to dfurypos' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Phil Jackson and Mitch Kupchak agree with me...........................

[/QUOTE]

You putting yourself in the same sentence as Mitch is laughable!  :):)

[/QUOTE]

I didn't...............he already said it, and I posted it!!  BIG difference, bloggy, but you wouldn't understand the difference

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from KingShaq. Show KingShaq's posts

[QUOTE]

Every year the Lakers and Celtics will play in the regular season. Sooner than later the Celtics will overtake the Lakers in regular season wins because the Celtics have a great coach while the Lakers have a clown calling the shots.

Seriously, of course the Lakers would have a better playoff record because they keep playing weak teams in the 80s. 

The last 2 years the Lakers only won 1 game in the 2nd round of the playoffs. Ugh!

Again, the Lakers are a crappy team. Sooner than later you would be saying that to me.

By December 2012, you yourself will be telling me how crappy the Lakers are. That's a guarantee!

[/QUOTE]

The Lakers keep playing weak teams in the 80s?

1) according to whom? definitely not the NBA.

2) this is already the 2010s. It's the 3rd decade after the 80s. Wake up and smell the coffee.

3) your logic still pins you to admit that the Lakers dominated the 80s (8 final appearances > 4 final appearances, 5 titles > 4 titles). You can't do anything about it.

And based on your "guarantees" that the Celtics would miss the playoffs in 2011-12, I wouldn't put any stock on your "guarantees". More like a joke...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

regarding the question of whether or not the NBA wrote the article saying the West was weaker in the 80's...this "who is better" thread was started when a Laker fan posted an article written by a journalist (Hollinger) who is a Laker supporter...he had his opinion just as "our guy" Bill Simmons does as a Celtic fan

....evidently Laker fans took it as the "gospel"....why is it so different when another journalist points out what happened during the 80's....?

again...I ask this respectfully....no sarcasm or anything....just continuing the dialogue 

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from KingShaq. Show KingShaq's posts

[QUOTE]

I never advocated missing the playoffs. Show the post where I advocated missing the playoffs.

I dare you!

[/QUOTE]

You are up to your old tricks again. Deleting posts in order to hide your lie?

But no sweat, it's there in my post responding to you, posted at 09/17/2011 01:37:39 EDT:

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/celtics/on-the-front-burner/8-straight-finals-losses-an-nba-record/100/5986702?page=2

“Of course we would prefer the Celtics not making the playoffs instead of making it to the Finals and ending up the 1st loser! Why? Because we would have better position in the Draft! The reason why the Celtics got Ray and KG was because of Al Jefferson and the #5 pick of the 2007 Draft.”

You can try to delete that too. I've already had the post captured as image.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from KingShaq. Show KingShaq's posts

[QUOTE]

It doesn't matter if you believe in my guarantees or not. As long as you'll be here the whole 2012-13 season, I'll have an audience when the Lakers get punched in the grill many, many times this season.

[/QUOTE]

Oh, so you have no proof that the west was weak back in the 80s? Getting you to shut up, it's time well spent.

So 8 finals and 5 titles == dominate, since you logic was that 4  finals and 4 titles == dominate. So you finally have no arguments on that.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts