Re: Since this is a Celtics forum
posted at 9/20/2012 10:02 AM EDT
In response to Duke4's comment:
regarding the question of whether or not the NBA wrote the article saying the West was weaker in the 80's...this "who is better" thread was started when a Laker fan posted an article written by a journalist (Hollinger) who is a Laker supporter...he had his opinion just as "our guy" Bill Simmons does as a Celtic fan
....evidently Laker fans took it as the "gospel"....why is it so different when another journalist points out what happened during the 80's....?
again...I ask this respectfully....no sarcasm or anything....just continuing the dialogue.
Um.... treating it as gospel == treating it as fact? You obviously have trouble understanding what is fact and what is not.
Let me get it really slow to you:
- Lakers franchise better than the Celtics franchise - Hollinger's opinion, which I concur
- the west of the 80s was weak - opinion, not a fact
- the west teams of the 80s have worse records than the east teams, thus the west was weaker - opinion, not a fact, since it's someone's opinion to use regular season records to compare teams, yet on other occasions he disregard the regular seasons.
- the Lakers reached 8 finals and won 5 titles in the 80s - fact
- the Lakers reached 8 finals and won 5 titles in the 80s BECAUSE THE WEST WAS WEAK -- an opinion, not a fact, thus Fierce confused what a fact and an opinion is.
- the Lakers dominated the 80s - a conclusion drawn from Fierce's logic (because he claimed that 4 finals and 4 titles == dominate).