Since this is a Celtics forum

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KingShaq. Show KingShaq's posts

Re: Since this is a Celtics forum

In response to Fiercest34's comment:

Celtics have the advantage over the Pistons 4-3. Celtics beat the Pistons in 1985, 1987, 2002, and 2008. Detroit beat Boston in 1988, 1989, and 1991.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celtics%E2%80%93Pistons_rivalry 

The 
    Celtics–76ers rivalry  is a rivalry between the  Boston Celtics  and  Philadelphia 76ers . The two teams have the most meetings in the  NBA Playoffs , playing each other in 19 series with the Celtics winning 12 of them. [1
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celtics%E2%80%9376ers_rivalry

See, you can't get away with this nonsense. You said it yourself:

"The Lakers faced Philly, Boston, and Detroit in the Finals, in the 80s, ..."

Now when getting crushed, you want to use all-time records?

I am not surprised the Celtics have winning records against most teams in the playoffs. Why not? when they weren't good enough, they deliberately missed the playoffs to preserve the winning records. Just like they deliberately missed the finals to preserve a 9-3 record against the Lakers.

Gutless!!!!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KingShaq. Show KingShaq's posts

Lakers vs. Celtics/Pistons/Sixers = 17-13 Lakers

Celtics vs. Lakers/Pistons/Sixers = 25-13 Celtics

"The Lakers faced Philly, Boston, and Detroit in the Finals, in the 80s"

Not so bright? how can the Lakers play the Eastern Conference winners 20 times in a decade.

Really funny....

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from KingShaq. Show KingShaq's posts

[QUOTE]
    How can you crush me when you google NBA team with most championships the Boston Celtics will be #1?

I don't have a problem if you think the Lakers are #1. Like I said, I'm not going to be the one who's going to look stupid and dumb.

Of course the west was weak in the 80s. The Sonics had a losing record and they made it to the western finals. And the Nuggets of Alex English? Really?

[/QUOTE]

Simple, because #1 franchise is not based on the # championships alone when that team with most championship was the Celtics. When the Lakers have most # of championships, yet the Lakers will be #1.

That's life when you have that 21-year, 9-peat drought.

Not to mention when most of the 17 championships was won in the weak, bush league era...

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KingShaq. Show KingShaq's posts

[QUOTE]

If the Celtics were on the western conference then the Lakers would not have made it. Or if the Lakers had to face Isiah, MJ, or Dr. J every year in the playoffs, the Lakers wouldn't have made also. It is what it is.

[/QUOTE]

If pigs can fly. "If" is for losers....

The Lakers worry about a team that missed the playoffs 16 times?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from KingShaq. Show KingShaq's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to KingShaq's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Like I said, you're not so bright. 

Here:
    http://www.lakersuniverse.com/headtohead/lakers_pistons.htm 

You didn't know the Fort Wayne Pistons were in the same division as the Lakers back in the 50s?

Come on, it's like you're bringing a knife to a gunfight. Seriously, do some research before posting crappola.
      [/QUOTE]

"The Lakers faced Philly, Boston, and Detroit in the Finals, in the 80s"

Oh, so the Lakers faced the Fort Wayne Pistons in the 80s?

Glad that you know you are not so bright...

You can keep digging, no way I'll let you out of the " in the 80s" context.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from KingShaq. Show KingShaq's posts

[QUOTE]
    Like I said, that's your opinion. You have trouble sleeping at night when you know for a fact that every time you google "NBA team with most championships" it will always show Boston Celtics.

Seriously, the Celtics won championships in the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, and 2000s. But if you insist, go ahead, keep believing the Lakers are #1.

[/QUOTE]

Like I say, you can keep delusional about "most championships" == #1 franchise. But that's not my problem.

In America, sane people would look at other things, like inconsistency, a two-decade drought, and other little things like "missing the playoffs"...

Too bad.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from KingShaq. Show KingShaq's posts

[QUOTE]

How can the Celtics avoid the Pistons and Sixers? You were the one who said I provide you with facts about Celtics vs. Pistons and Celtics vs. Sixers. 

[/QUOTE]

How can the Celtics avoid the Pistons and Sixers? so easy, that's your expertise: missing the playoffs. Isn't that what you advocate last year when the going got tough?

And you provided me with the facts? what's the Celtics record against the 76ers and Pistons in the 80s? in the Bird/Magic era?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to KingShaq's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Celtics have the advantage over the Pistons 4-3. Celtics beat the Pistons in 1985, 1987, 2002, and 2008. Detroit beat Boston in 1988, 1989, and 1991.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celtics%E2%80%93Pistons_rivalry 

The 
    Celtics–76ers rivalry  is a rivalry between the  Boston Celtics  and  Philadelphia 76ers . The two teams have the most meetings in the  NBA Playoffs , playing each other in 19 series with the Celtics winning 12 of them. [1
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celtics%E2%80%9376ers_rivalry

See, you can't get away with this nonsense. You said it yourself:

"The Lakers faced Philly, Boston, and Detroit in the Finals, in the 80s, ..."

Now when getting crushed, you want to use all-time records?

I am not surprised the Celtics have winning records against most teams in the playoffs. Why not? when they weren't good enough, they deliberately missed the playoffs to preserve the winning records. Just like they deliberately missed the finals to preserve a 9-3 record against the Lakers.

Gutless!!!!

[/QUOTE]

How can the Celtics avoid the Pistons and Sixers? You were the one who said I provide you with facts about Celtics vs. Pistons and Celtics vs. Sixers. 

You asked and I delivered. You don't like it? Not my problem.

[/QUOTE]

You can "deliver" over and over...you can be like a postman.  Doesn't matter.  He doesn't come on here to talk hoops, he comes on to stir up trouble.  I am done with him and his last word - he twists stuff around to an argument he can win, claims victory, while you are still proving your point over and over.......good luck with this guy!!
    I am claiming victory in my argument that the Gasol trade in 2008 was precipitated by the injury to Andrew Bynum......and the trade would not have been made if he didn't get hurt.....Gasol would be on the Bulls now!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from KingShaq. Show KingShaq's posts

The Celtics missed the playoffs 16 times because of bad management by the owners. But the Celtics bounced back and continued their winning ways in 2008. 

Again, Dale Ellis in 1987 and Alex English in 1985 were the Laker opponents in western finals. Even us Celtic fans would say the Lakers would surely make it to the Finals because those guys are not even considered superstars.

And come on, the Lakers lost to the Rockets in 1986. The Celtics never lost to the Rockets in the Finals in the 80s. Do the math, Lakers lose to Rockets, Celtics never lost to Rockets, no "ifs" there.
    [/QUOTE]

If your team has bad management, that's your problem. It doesn't relieve you from this bad mark. In other words, bad management relegated the Celtics as the #2 franchise.

And stop doing math, it's out of your capability. If you were smart, you wouldn't have mentioned the 80s: 5 titles vs 3.

You would have sticked with the 60s...

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from KingShaq. Show KingShaq's posts

In response to Red-16Russ-11's comment:
    [QUOTE]
    You can "deliver" over and over...you can be like a postman.  Doesn't matter.  He doesn't come on here to talk hoops, he comes on to stir up trouble.  I am done with him and his last word - he twists stuff around to an argument he can win, claims victory, while you are still proving your point over and over.......good luck with this guy!!
    I am claiming victory in my argument that the Gasol trade in 2008 was precipitated by the injury to Andrew Bynum......and the trade would not have been made if he didn't get hurt.....Gasol would be on the Bulls now!

[/QUOTE]

And the Bulls interested in Gasol means the Lakers wouldn't have targeted him had Bynum not injured? You are getting to new lows when talking about illogic...

And you still haven't told us why trading Gasol wasn't an option. But knowing you, your standard answer would be:

I have told you many times;
    I posted 4 links;
    I called ESPN LA;
    I have proven this again and again.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from KingShaq. Show KingShaq's posts

[QUOTE]
    So let's remove the Fort Wayne Pistons then. We all know the Lakers have a losing record to the Pistons in the Finals.

Let's modify the results to your disliking.

Lakers vs. Celts, Pistons, and Sixers = 9-12 in favor of Celts, Pistons, and Sixers

Celtics vs. Pistons, Lakers, and Sixers = 25-13 in favor of Celtics

Wow! The Lakers also have a losing record to the Detroit Pistons in the Finals?
      [/QUOTE]

You are given many chances but still can't show you can think.

The Lakers played the Pistons, Celtics, 76ers 21 times in playoffs in the 80s?

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-heisleygasol060308

NOW it's over!!

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from KingShaq. Show KingShaq's posts

In response to Red-16Russ-11's comment:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-heisleygasol060308

NOW it's over!!

It's over?

I know you are getting desparate.

Tell me, which statement in that post stated that "no Bynum injury => no Gasol trade"?

Are you that naive to tell me that Chicago was trying to trade for Gasol == "No Bynum injury => no Gasol trade"?

See, you are really the most naive poster I've seen. How old are you? really? You have been crushed on this speculation for 2 years, with no proof whatsoever to support your claim. First you have to rely on this "the Bynum injury caused the Gasol trade". Now you are using Chicago's interest?

Do you think I'll let you?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from KingShaq. Show KingShaq's posts

In response to TommyRules' comment:

Why are you still arguing about something that happened more then 4 years ago and has nothing to do with the Celtics?

Let it go man, let it go.

Becasue he was trying to preach a mis-information of "no bynum injury, no gasol trade" for 2-3 years. Once I challenged him to death, he can't live with his false preaching being smoked...

Sections
Shortcuts