Since when does RONDO take more shots than RAY???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

Since when does RONDO take more shots than RAY???

this team needs an intervention.... Any more bright ideas Ainge?????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: Since when does RONDO take more shots than RAY???

since the offense in the half court set has gone down the tube, that's since when.

it has nothing to do with the trades we made and everything to do with the trance that rondo is in.  he just sits outside and holds the ball and the offense has no flow to it.

right now you could replace this rondo with rory sparrow and probably get an upgrade.  he's not doing anything out there.  this is what doc and ainge have to figure out.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Rondo doesnt drive until its too late...if ever anymore.

Rondo used to pressure the defense, he'd drive right to the basket, beat his man off the dribble for a layup or come out the other side... with all the switching & havoc he'd create, somebody popped open. 

Now he just fakes a drive and pounds the ball near the FT line..waiting...waiting.. looking for an easy assist.. theres no flow, no screens, just stagnation

He reminds me of Brady sitting in the pocket with no pass rush... waiting for a receiver to break free  ..  Rondo may be better suited for the NFL

Thats why Rondo gets more shots than Ray... he kills the offense and is left to take a shot cause the clock has run down.... and DOc apparently wants Rondo shooting more (brilliant huh?) so hes taking more open looks..

Nothing like having the worse shooter on the team  told to take more shots.

Another game where the opponents guards dominated... I missed the 1st half of the Rockets game (thanks goodness) saw more of the second half..  Cant really point the finger at anyonein particular but the Houston guards box score DOMINATED the Celtics guards

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Ray looked tired to me. A main part of his game is coming off those screens, and he is not doing it with vigor. He is not losing his man quick enough.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Rondo is trying to justify his gripes that he's not hitting his shot....close of
    saying "I'm pouting".

Last night, he was at the bottom of the goal (by himself), he passed the ball
       to Garnett. Garnett was 20 feet away from the goal. Garnett hits --thanks...but he could have just dunk it easy.

He eventually confessed he's pouting.
    His pouting is over....expect good game --- thanks Shaq is coming back too. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Ray shot 50%.  The issue wasn't Ray.  The issue is that Rondo holds the ball for a long time looking for that one hero pass that gets him an assist and a highlight.  WHen it doesn't happen, he has to shoot or flip the ball up on his falling away layup.   That causes him to be taking more shots than we'd like.  Defenses have also learned to just layoff Rondo and push up on Ray.   That's why Rondo is taking more shots than Ray.

If Rondo gives it up earlier, the ball moves more and more guys get more open shots.  Its not all Rondo's fault, though.   Part of it has to be the team demanding the ball and them moving faster.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Re: Since when does RONDO take more shots than RAY???:
    Ray shot 50%.  The issue wasn't Ray.  The issue is that Rondo holds the ball for a long time looking for that one hero pass that gets him an assist and a highlight.  WHen it doesn't happen, he has to shoot or flip the ball up on his falling away layup.   That causes him to be taking more shots than we'd like.  Defenses have also learned to just layoff Rondo and push up on Ray.   That's why Rondo is taking more shots than Ray. If Rondo gives it up earlier, the ball moves more and more guys get more open shots.  Its not all Rondo's fault, though.   Part of it has to be the team demanding the ball and them moving faster.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

Not buying into the last paqrt of your post.

Doc has repeatedly said Rondo calls the shots on the court... so throw out the idea of someone demanding the ball..

Rondo should call more set plays early so the ball moves.. His fake drives which he pulls back and pounds the ball near the FT line looking for easy assist#_____ are killing this team and stagnating the offense.

Doc should be the one demanding to call plays earlier in 1/2 court or actually take it hard off the dribble and lay it in, like he used to.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Rondo has definitely been struggling recently and is the main reason for the Celtics recent losses. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from portcallen99. Show portcallen99's posts

Poor Rondo. I can't think of another NBA guard with a worse shot technique/results. 2 for 11 last night? 1 for 10 a couple of games ago?

Instead of extending the shooting arm in the shape of an "L", his is folded down so that his right hand is nearly touching his shoulder when he releases the ball. This kind of poor form is usually corrected at the middle school level.

I'll bet there have been numerous coaches of Rondo who have attempted to correct his shot. And I'll bet he stubbornly prefers to do it his own way.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Poor Rondo. I can't think of another NBA guard with a worse shot technique/results. 2 for 11 last night? 1 for 10 a couple of games ago? Instead of extending the shooting arm in the shape of an "L", his is folded down so that his right hand is nearly touching his shoulder when he releases the ball. This kind of poor form is usually corrected at the middle school level. I'll bet there have been numerous coaches of Rondo who have attempted to correct his shot. And I'll bet he stubbornly prefers to do it his own way.
    Posted by portcallen99

You'd make a great coach. Call the Celts front office and say you'll coach Rondo for free !! If you know so much apply for the job.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from portcallen99. Show portcallen99's posts

In Response to Re: Since when does RONDO take more shots than RAY??? : You'd make a great coach. Call the Celts front office and say you'll coach Rondo for free !! If you know so much apply for the job.
    Posted by Hetchinspete

It's pretty obvious dude. All you have to do is watch Rondo take a shot.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Ray looked tired to me. A main part of his game is coming off those screens, and he is not doing it with vigor. He is not losing his man quick enough.
    Posted by OneNation

Do you mean the Washington Generals did not play by according the script?

Do you mean the Generals did not let the BIG 3 do whatever they wanted to?

Maybe Kevin Martin was guarding Ray more than was called for in the script.

I think with all the travel sometimes the other team does not have enough time to read the script.

Doc told Rondo to be more aggressive and shoot more and he is being a 5 year old about it - stomping his feet, he is just about ready to take his ball and go home with it.

The good thing is he will be completely outplayed again tonight - oh wait, that is not a good thing.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

I don't know...The team looks tired right now. The Rockets were geting their hands on loose balls, you know keeping things alive, alot more than Boston was. But, if I remember right, things looked bleak last year. Playoffs are coming.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Since when does RONDO take more shots than RAY??? : That's why when Larry Bird on ESPN radio yesterday was asked if he could correct RR shooting he said yes........the announcer said how long would it take and Bird's reply was years..........I hope Rondo enjoyed his one year of AS fame cause it looks like it will be the only one..........not the way the east is loaded with PG now
    Posted by damfuno

Wall, D Williams, and maybe C Paul next year plus Rose and NBADRAFT.net has the Wiz taking Kyrie Irving with the 2nd pick (he is being compared to Chris Paul and after not playing for a months was the leading scorer for Duke yesterday - why the Wiz would take him after getting Wall last year is beyond me).

You see the difference is - those guys are shooting point guards (code word - complete) so they don't count..... Rondo however is a pass first point guard (code word - incomplete) so that makes Rondo the best..... 

Sections
Shortcuts