Sixers sign Battie

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Sixers sign Battie

I'm a little surprised we didn't hear nothing of the C's trying to sign him. 6'11 shot blocker, cheap, doesn't need the ball. He could easily backup JON and play a little PF at times.

Does anyone know what deal he received from the Sixers?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Re: Sixers sign Battie

Sure did!

Who do you think the C's should be targeting?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Who has the more talented core of big men? If a guy is older and can still play that's one thing but Z, Magloire and Howard rarely got off their teams benches last year and now they're going to be asked to play starter minutes. If you just want to look at age fine, but look at the ability too.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

In Response to Re: Sixers sign Battie:
    I wouldn't say years. It's funny that a team signed him before they signed some of these other guys out here. He played with Orlando who had Howard & Gortat. keep in mind the C's only need a guy until Perk is healthy. Waynestarr, you're nitpicking. We were talking about the big men that Miami has signed. The last time I checked a PF is considered a big man. Waiter check please!! Geez!
    Posted by BiasLewis

Check please??? You'd get booted for being a cheapskate!

But seriously though, why are you so worried about what Miami's doing?? I guess that thread you posted yesterday was a smokescreen for how you REALLY feel.

You are VERY worried from what I see, but it is what it is.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

Big Z is 35, Magloire is 32, Joel Anthony is 27, Pittman is 22.

Sheed is 35, JON is 31, if KG played center, he's 34, Battie is 34, Perk is probably done.

I don't see that much of a difference.

But to be honest, if we averaged it out, Boston has the older centers!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

Wait a second.

Yesterday, you said that the Heat had old centers and that they were unproven.

How old do you think Battie is?? 34!!  Battie didn't do ANYTHING in the finals when Van Gundy played him together with Howard against the Lakers in 09.

So, why would you want him on the Celtics??

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

i would take Shaq but he isnt likely to settle for the vet min... although he might have to but Kwame is a better fit than Battie and he is still unsigned
    Posted by rebels1520

Yeah, I read this morning that Shaq wants about 5.8 million and good playing time.

I was dissapointed. He would get good playing time with the Celts, but he wouldn't get over 5 million.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

i would take Shaq but he isnt likely to settle for the vet min... although he might have to

but Kwame is a better fit than Battie and he is still unsigned

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driscoll92587. Show Driscoll92587's posts

Batman can't block shots anymore and he's lost a step on offsense but I'd like him over Kwame or Shaq any day.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

Who has the more talented core of big men? If a guy is older and can still play that's one thing but Z, Magloire and Howard rarely got off their teams benches last year and now they're going to be asked to play starter minutes. If you just want to look at age fine, but look at the ability too.
    Posted by BiasLewis

Why do you keep saying Howard?? He's a power forward not a CENTER.

We're talking about CENTERS.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

LOL! If you can't see the difference than I'm wasting my time.

Ok is Battie going to start? No
    Is he going to be asked to play more than 8 mins? No
    Do we have a starting C that needs to rehab? Yes

Next question

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

LOL! If you can't see the difference than I'm wasting my time. Ok is Battie going to start? No Is he going to be asked to play more than 8 mins? No Do we have a starting C that needs to rehab? Yes Next question
    Posted by BiasLewis

Nah, I'm wasting MY time with all the HYPOCRISY.

I guess only the CELTICS can sign older, washed up centers that never made a difference.

Thanks for proving my point.

Undecided

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

Sure did! Who do you think the C's should be targeting?
    Posted by BiasLewis

I don't know, but Tony Battie AIN'T IT!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I wouldn't say years. It's funny that a team signed him before they signed some of these other guys out here. He played with Orlando who had Howard & Gortat. keep in mind the C's only need a guy until Perk is healthy.

Waynestarr, you're nitpicking. We were talking about the big men that Miami has signed. The last time I checked a PF is considered a big man.

Waiter check please!! Geez!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Some forget that pickers can't be choosy. Shaq isn't accepting the VM, if we're going to sign Brown we might as well give Erden a chance instead.

Battie was ok because he has playoff experience and doesn't require the ball to be effective. If we didn't already sign JON then I wouldn't want him. Unlike Miami who is signing old guys to start. I can't see why that's so hard for Waynestarr to understand.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenpride32. Show greenpride32's posts

It's funny how all these guys sign, and then people start crying; WHY DIDN'T THE C's SIGN HIM???

There are only 15 roster spots per team.  And did you really want this guy before you read he signed eslewhere?/

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

Battie hasnt done a thing in years... he wont see minutes even on the 76ers. Non issue. He is a  league minimum guy. Shouldnt of been a target of the Celtics

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

To be honest, I would take Shaq. He would work pretty well in the Celtics half court sets.

He terrifies Bynum and Gasol...

Enough said.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

Dude, can you follow along please. YOU brought up Miami in this thread. I never said Miami would be terrible but my point IN THE OTHER THREAD was let's not hand them the EC trophy just yet because the supporting cast doesn't look all that great. The best thing to do is reply under the topic of the thread that way i can follow along. You want to try and mix the two because I wondered did the C's look at Battie. We took the Heat's best big man and now we're looking for bench players.
    Posted by BiasLewis

Well, "DUDE"

I was just showing the whole Celtics Nation that you're a HYPOCRITE and a worry wart.

Cool?

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

Battie is garbage now. he is only worth having if you have a young team that needs a babysitter....

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

What has Kwame Brown done in the last few years except be the center of a Gasol jokes? The Pistons resigned old Ben Wallace to a 2-year deal over keeping Brown. I don't even know what team he last played for but the Pistons.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PACelt. Show PACelt's posts

Battie as your 3rd center really isn't that bad.  I'd probably prefer Josh Boone.  Shaq has his good and bad points. He can still score and pass, but he's slow as molasses.

It really depends on what's up with Perk.

As far as the Heat go, Z is fine and so is Juwan (played very well at the 5 last year for Portland).  Don't forget that Bosh shifts to center and Lebron shifts to PF.  Wade, Miller, and Arroyo(ESPN reported this tonight) can fill out that backcourt. 

PA