SKIP BAYLESS: PIERCE IS THE 9TH BEST PLAYER IN THE NBA AHEAD OF D-ROSE +CP3, AGREE?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

SKIP BAYLESS: PIERCE IS THE 9TH BEST PLAYER IN THE NBA AHEAD OF D-ROSE +CP3, AGREE?

on first and ten of espn's first take, bayless and another guest give their top 5 with the usual suspects then the host asked them to list the rest of their top 10. there was little disagreement when skip casually sneaked in the pp bomb. even more interesting was when he said he was still debating if chris paul or deRRICK ROSE (yeah, that derrick rose) should be #10! among other things, he talked about his clutch gene, ability to do it all on offense, his versatile body type, leadership, charisma , defensive desire, passing, rebounding, efficiency, how he has cut down his turnover numbers, ability to keep getting better and his anti-kobe team approach in making his teammates better and unselfish.

for all you pp-haters, put that in your pipe and choke on it!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Re: SKIP BAYLESS: PIERCE IS THE 9TH BEST PLAYER IN THE NBA AHEAD OF D-ROSE +CP3, AGREE?

I totally agree!  Paul Pierce is a complete player who makes his teammates better.  As he says he "gives the game what it needs."  Glad to see him get the credit!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

Re: SKIP BAYLESS: PIERCE IS THE 9TH BEST PLAYER IN THE NBA AHEAD OF D-ROSE +CP3, AGREE?

In Response to SKIP BAYLESS: PIERCE IS THE 9TH BEST PLAYER IN THE NBA AHEAD OF D-ROSE +CP3, AGREE?:
    on first and ten of espn's first take, bayless and another guest give their top 5 with the usual suspects then the host asked them to list the rest of their top 10. there was little disagreement when skip casually sneaked in the pp bomb. even more interesting was when he said he was still debating if chris paul or deRRICK ROSE (yeah, that derrick rose) should be #10! among other things, he talked about his clutch gene, ability to do it all on offense, his versatile body type, leadership, charisma , defensive desire, passing, rebounding, efficiency, how he has cut down his turnover numbers, ability to keep getting better and his anti-kobe team approach in making his teammates better and unselfish. for all you pp-haters, put that in your pipe and choke on it!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

Skip Bayless is worthless as a commentator who loves to here himself talk. He's a clown with very little credibility. That's why he's not even on any of ESPN's "prime time" shows.

You MIGHT be able to make the argument that he's ahead of Chris Paul, but I wouldn't buy it.

For that idiot to leave Derrick Rose out of his top 10 tells you the kind of moron Bayless is. Derrick Rose should be this year's MVP, therefore, he can't be any lower than top 5. He'd be right up there with LeBron, Kobe, Griffin and maybe one or two others.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

First off, Skip Bayless is one of the least credible talking heads in the sports world. 

But: yeah, I'd put Pierce ahead of Rose and Paul. To me it comes down to post-season play, that's my criteria. Pierce is a finals MVP. 

By the end of the playoffs Rose could pull ahead. We're gonna find out eh? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from IanJB. Show IanJB's posts

Can someone post Skip's entire list?

In terms of playing ability this season, I don't think Paul deserves to be ahead of Rose, but it's close. In terms of career basketball skill, it's Paul by a mile.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayman7. Show rayman7's posts

I think Paul is higher than nine when everything is taken in context.

They should ask the coaches for an unvarnished, honest opinion -- which they'd never get of course because of personal politics.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: SKIP BAYLESS: PIERCE IS THE 9TH BEST PLAYER IN THE NBA AHEAD OF D-ROSE +CP3, AGREE?:
    Can someone post Skip's entire list? In terms of playing ability this season, I don't think Paul deserves to be ahead of Rose, but it's close. In terms of career basketball skill, it's Paul by a mile.
    Posted by IanJB
    this was on yesterday's first and ten in the third segment. first was durant, second was wade, third was howard, fourth was bron (he really hates him), fifth was kobe (getting older), sixth was dirk, seventh was carmelo (likes his clutch game-winning genes), i forget who was eighth (may have been pau gasol)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JREwing. Show JREwing's posts

In Response to Re: SKIP BAYLESS: PIERCE IS THE 9TH BEST PLAYER IN THE NBA AHEAD OF D-ROSE +CP3, AGREE?:
    In Response to Re: SKIP BAYLESS: PIERCE IS THE 9TH BEST PLAYER IN THE NBA AHEAD OF D-ROSE +CP3, AGREE? : HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by Fiercest34

Skip Bayless got street cred, in the country! (LOL)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JREwing. Show JREwing's posts

I totally agree!  Paul Pierce is a complete player who makes his teammates better.  As he says he "gives the game what it needs."  Glad to see him get the credit!
    Posted by MsLithium21

Paul is fine as long as he is incorporating his teammates. When he tries hero ball is when he and the C's suffer!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

pierce is a Kobe wannabe....tier 3 player!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

naw, Kobe is better than tier 3.......however, Michael.....he will never be on that level...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

naw, Kobe is better than tier 3.......however, Michael.....he will never be on that level...
    Posted by Duke4

MJ=6
    KB24=5

pierce=1 HAHAHAHAHA and no hope of anymore! (Even DJ Mbenga has 2 lmao)

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

BLAKE GRIFFIN 3RD BEST IN THE NBA BEHIND LEBRON AND KOBE? ONLY A TROLL WOULD SAY THAT! HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by Fiercest34

If you say so Sybil.

So tell me...which one of your many personalities is the basketball expert?

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

In Response to Re: SKIP BAYLESS: PIERCE IS THE 9TH BEST PLAYER IN THE NBA AHEAD OF D-ROSE +CP3, AGREE? : NBA FINALS RECORD MJ - 6-0 KB24 - 5-2 UNLESS KOBE CAN FIND A WAY TO REMOVE THAT 2 LOSSES FROM HIS FINALS RECORD IT'S GOING TO BE ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...
    Posted by Fiercest34

As I said...

DJ Mbenga - 2
    wheelchair - 1
    brick - 1
    smirk - 1
    kg - 1

DJ wins!! lmao

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kybested. Show kybested's posts

In Response to Re: SKIP BAYLESS: PIERCE IS THE 9TH BEST PLAYER IN THE NBA AHEAD OF D-ROSE +CP3, AGREE? : As I said... DJ Mbenga - 2 wheelchair - 1 brick - 1 smirk - 1 kg - 1 DJ wins!! lmao
    Posted by Laker-Nation32

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsalas67m. Show rsalas67m's posts

There is no denying that Paul Pierce is a great player. And to get to the finals is a extraordinary achievement. He has shown that he can play both exceptional defense and offense. Pierce has proven that he can be clutch in critical situations. That last quality seperates him from Ray Allen.

There are only a few players that want the ball when the game is on the line. Paul Pierce is one of them. So is Kobe. But Kobe has the titles to enhance his success. And in the end, that's what so-called experts measure when distinguishing the great players from the also rans.

B-Ball is a team sport and there are a lot of intangibles that go into winning a title, i.e., injuries, home court, officiating, and momentum that provides confidence. But you also need 2 or 3 great players.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

There is no denying that Paul Pierce is a great player. And to get to the finals is a extraordinary achievement. He has shown that he can play both exceptional defense and offense. Pierce has proven that he can be clutch in critical situations. That last quality seperates him from Ray Allen. There are only a few players that want the ball when the game is on the line. Paul Pierce is one of them. So is Kobe. But Kobe has the titles to enhance his success. And in the end, that's what so-called experts measure when distinguishing the great players from the also rans. B-Ball is a team sport and there are a lot of intangibles that go into winning a title, i.e., injuries, home court, officiating, and momentum that provides confidence. But you also need 2 or 3 great players.
    Posted by rsalas67m
    ray allen is clutch. he just needs to have the ball passed to him with picks galore in order to make a key play. pp just needs the ball and for everyone to just get the heck out of the way.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

In Response to Re: SKIP BAYLESS: PIERCE IS THE 9TH BEST PLAYER IN THE NBA AHEAD OF D-ROSE +CP3, AGREE? : I told you back in November or December Andrew Bynum will get injured before the playoffs, right? That expert enough for ya? My prediction came true. Can't say the same for your Blake Griffin top 3 best player in the NBA today. HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by Fiercest34

Hey genius...Bynum is playing on Sunday. So your hopes and prayers for a season ending injury didn't happen.

BTW, I predicted BEFORE the start of the season that Shaq would spend most of his time in the trainers room...and he's still there.

Blake Griffin is, without a doubt, one of the best players in the league. He's helped turn a pathetically bad team into a team on the rise. (Of course, he'll probably end up playing for that OTHER L.A. team, but that's another story.) He's certainly better than any player on the Celtics right now, including Paul Pierce.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts