Sleepless in Miami

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: Sleepless in Miami

In Response to Re: Sleepless in Miami:
    Nationalizing & dismantling? Haha ... yeah like this is Venezuela! The gov't props up the banking and auto sectors to avoid a financial collapse and more job losses and you right wing conservatives call it nationalization ... Posted by Mployee8

you are obviously 17-20 (or intellectually younger) and living in mammy and pappy's basement.  no idea what the real world is like.  the auto sectors were not propped up.  they were selectively raped and selectively 'rescued' but the rescues were not really what they seemed.  chrysler was 'rescued' but also raped and given away to fiat in a charity 'deal' that makes no sense to anyone.  fiat- remember their last great car?  i don't.  but anyway, in a couple years, instead of a design change, chrysler will be scrapped out and fiat will pocket the $$ because they were GIVEN all of the debt.  good nafta deal for italy!

research CDO's- cranial midget- they are the main reason (not bush any more than clinton or barney fank) why we are suffering a massive recession and canada is not having nearly the hard times we are.  collateralized debt obligations- a cockeyed asset/security on their best day.  canada did not allow them in their market because they recognized them for what they were- dangerous and not any sort of an investment since the us gov't was largely dictating the parameters of unwise lending across the entire industry.  imagine dat- canada was smarter than we were! 

the problem with the C in CDO was that they were collateralized at .97% in the USA because of the gov't mandated (frank/dodd) lending practices.  that's less than 1% collateralized- we were so corrupt that this got sanctioned AAA by the SEC!!!  horrrors! 

barney fank and crisp dodd were the ones who invented mandated lending to those who could not remotely afford it, because everyone deserves a house (remember bernie <barnie /> mac????), then imposed it on the private sector.  then schoolboy timmy geithner dreamed up the CDO, an 'investment security' based on 99.3% rotten mortgage 'receivables' (lol), and the SEC sanctioned it AAA quality investment....

and then loads and loads of americans nationwide  got duped into investing significant chunks of their live savings into .97% collateralized mortgage receivables as 'gold standard' securities.  i know they don't teach this stuff at public high school and you probably have a big headache now-  but it's not too hard to figure out- stay with it.  but anyhoo m plee 8, where's the rescue for the americans who lost their savings on CDO's???????  don't we deserve one?

well would you look at that- barney, chris and timmy haven't been ethics investigated yet, or prosecuted, let alone jailed without bail pending trial.  you're kidding me, 2 out of 3 still have the same gubmint positions and the third got a massive promotion and now heads up the irs!  holy smokes.  this is what happens in tin pot dicatorships, not actual democracies.  the more you screw things up, the higher up you get!

so, mployee ate, stop watching former espn morons now propped up as 'reporters' like anderson blooper and kreep olbermann or whatever bleech blond they have in front of the mic at fox.  in fact, get off the tv tube all together and go out and investigate the news outside of big corprate news companies that have to create an angle-for-ratings and curry political favor to 'survive' and find out the real story on your own.  it's out there, but it doesn't come to you nice and easy through the tube while you snorkel bong hits in the basement rent-free.  and it doesn't even take much smarts to find it on the internet. 

even you could find the real stories- like the rest of the debacle that was the auto and financial 'rescues' (there's more) and then you have the entire banking and insurance industry 'rescue' stories to find that i'm not going to spoon feed you, the 'success' of the 'stimulus' (now measured in 'lives touched') and more but it's not what comes over the tv tube through your favorite corrupt large news media corp. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

... the unfettered free market as grown out of control by executuve greed and a gov't that turned a blind eye to market regulation. The pyramid scheme finally broke when consumers lost their jobs (as Corp Execs sent their best paying jobs to India & China) and consumers had to leverage themselves with debt just as the IB's did to maintain their standard of living.
    Posted by Mployee8

lots of words that don't really come together much. 

but one thing- explain to me why we are in a much worse situation than canada if it isn't the fact that they refused to sanction the CDO???  there's no other differences.  the "C" in cdo was rotten because of frank and dodd.  and the "CDO" came into being because of the magic work of timmy G in new york and the SEC, and then cdo's were taken national and the poor gullible people who believed the SEC and finance industry had any ethics lost gazillions when the titanic sank.  no ethics investigations there yet?  hmmm

but you're right.  that's the GOP's fault.  and we should spend spend spend to fix everything.  i know in our family, if we have a tight month, we just spend the living crap out of ourselves the next few months after that and things come back around!  it's a well proven thing.  same thing with my company.  if sales get low, we spend up a storm and things fix themselves pretty quickly.  we just keep on printing the money. 

and yes, MORE infrastructure projects.  those projects really get unemployed people back working again.  there's definitely no "connected" large road work companies that might be getting all the work, just like always.  that's a good idea!  feed the good old machine with federal $ for road projects and that will save the country!  the secondary effect of all of those constr. workers being so hungry will save the grocery and livestock industry!

i can feel our GDP soaring as a result of all of this new pavement!!  it's like a weight has been lifted off of the collective shoulders of the country by all these road projects.  just keep printing the money up for these projects and things will definitely get better.  thanks for setting me straight.  i don't know how i got so far off course looking at things like nationalization of industries- car, bank, financial, insurance.  what's really important are the ROADS!!!

because without roads, you cannot drive the voters to the ballot box.  :-) 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

There's the canary in the coal mine that alerts me to your naivete. The function of government is to protect it's citizenry. It does that by collecting taxes to provide for the defense of the nation and provide a safety net during economic calamities. Posted by Mployee8

so they provide the safety net after chris, barney and timmy cook up some really rotten schemes that helps create the real estate bubble and then singlehandedly crashes the credit markets?  

sounds like the hwy dept- dig a hole, fill it in.  except in this case, they have no idea how to fill it in other than your (typically unimaginative) monotone response of spend spend spend for a safety net when these are the same clowns that cut the holes in the safety net by spending out the gov't tax dollars to begin with on entitlement program mortgage companies.

explain to me where the refunds are for every person who invested in CDO's and why these three morons haven't been prosecuted.  going on three threads now and all you can do is talk about coal mines in penna, news on ipods, the GOP, and the GOP and lady gagas.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

poindexter- take a read

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_Decade_(Japan)

there's your precedent for how gubmint stimulants work.  10 years of them.  and they didn't work.  that's what i'm talking about.  not keynsian bong hits in a college classroom. 

read it, dimwit and if you can't see the "free corporate lending" in japan being interchanged for "wild whorehouse mortgage lending authored by barney frank" then you're blind and nothing can help you.

the lost decade is why a great many people who are involved in the real life and not idolatry of gov't are really scared about all of these great programs that are not sustainable other than printing money.  a whole country has been there and done that and it cost a decade of lost civilization in japan. 

those who do not know the history are condemned to repeat it, and gleefully at that for you, my smooth brained comrade

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: Sleepless in Miami : Sheet for brains ... you're comparing us to a nation with one of if not the oldest populations of the developed nations. They save and invest in govt bonds rather than spend and consume as the majority of their population is pre or in retirement . And they import cheaper goods from China and export less to us due to the strength in their currency and a recession here now. In fact, just today Japan has announced the possibility of currency intervention to weaken the yen! From a story I just posted on another financial blog:   /> The case for deflation is based on Japan's experience. It has been suffering from deflation on and off for the past two decades. A strong yen has made deflation possible. The dollar-yen value has declined from ¥140 to ¥85. Japan's service price has not declined over the past two decades. Its deflation is due to the tradable sector. Japan's rising imports of food and manufacturing products from China have been the main factor for the deflation. If the yen had depreciated, it could have offset the decline. A strong yen has amplified this deflationary force. But, this is not really bad deflation. When imports become cheaper, it should be good news for living standards. I think that the understanding of Japan's deflation needs reconsideration. In the case of the U.S., its bubble deflates after the manufacturing price has declined to China's cost level. China is entering a decade of wage inflation. China's export prices are likely to rise. Hence, the U.S. won't experience what Japan has. Also, the dollar is weak because the U.S. runs a large current-account deficit. The dollar isn't likely to be a source of deflation. The temporary deflation due to suppliers cutting costs at the expense of profit margins will not last. <     Stick to what you know best ... Nothing!   Don't give up the day job (until you lose it) cause you have nothing to fall back on except that Fat Azz!
    Posted by Mployee8

yes.  it all makes sense now.  build more roads.  print more money.  because it makes budgetary sense.  replace the product and service producing elements of the economy with contrived free roads, services, more bloated than ever bureaucracies and printed money.  it has always worked in all succesfull nations.  you are right.  i don't know how i could have been so dumb.

now you can move on with your next obsession.  i am sure your cube mate at the dmv needs to be the focus of your bolshevik / obsessive-compulsive passions for a few months now.  i freely admit that i am not up to your game.  you are a strong thinker, and eloquent typist and just a top notch guy.  best of luck to you and lady 'franks and beans' gaga.  a couple made in heaven. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Sleepless in Miami : man, you gotta re-watch games 5 and 6.  james absolutley quit in game 5.  he didn't just quit a little bit.  he lollygagged like a herd of sheeds all game long.  passed off to lesser teamates and went and hid in the corner.  it reached the point where his teamates were so disgusted by lebron that they didn't even hardly acknowledge him. with regards to bush and a lot of money.  a great many conservatives were disgusted with him.  his second term was an abject disaster of accomplishing next to nothing other than functioning as a heavier spending democrat than a lot of democrats would have even spent. but to take that level of craptastic spending and multiply it many times over and call it necessary to 'recovery' while no recovery is resulting, nationalizing industry after industry and dismantling things like a little kid taking apart a watch and not having any idea what he's doing- just doing it because he wanted to and leaving a mess- that is horrendous.  because bush was an idiot with spending does not make it an excuse to take it to an art form. and if you think that bosh didn't quit in toronto- he did.  he sat out the last few games, and lollygagged a plenty.  they didn't just write those articles because he was giving it his all.  toronto would have liked to have him stay- so way tick him off?  answer- only if he's executing a class-less exit stage left like lechoke was in CLE. two guys who were the team stars who just quit.  and the 24 hour news media is stupid and a pain but somehow one of the best players in the league like durant manages just fine without looking stupid, out of touch or megalomaniacal.  and there are others. some things to ponder....
    Posted by aciemvp

i did watch those games and i dont think lebron quit...but this is something we are never going to agree on, so ill just move along

also...bosh had a fractured nose or whatever at the end of the year and did come back and play through pain...his team fell short of the playoffs despite bosh's pretty good stats throughout the year...oh well...they werent good enough...it doesnt mean bosh quit

im seeing alot of these types of articles because of the emotion the super friends stirred...gilbert and colangelo would take back lebron and bosh, respectively in a second...and we both know why...those franchises are going to be beyond dreadful for the next 5-10 years, if not longer

and back to the politics for a moment...if so many conservatives were disgusted with bush and his policies why did they ALL keep their traps shut and let rove and cheney do as they please? all the dissent from the bush years came from liberals...what does that tell me? that conservatives walk hand in hand with each other no matter what unless it would threaten the status qou and the rich from keeping their ungodly amounts of money...which the bush tax cuts did, with none of the promised trickle down effect

also...it wasnt about nationalizing industries in this country...it was about saving industry in this country so that even more workers wouldnt be unemployed and essentially having the upper midwest turn into ghost cities

bush's spending put us into trouble...obama is spending to dig us out of trouble...there is a big difference between the two...and while im not crazy about alot of the expenses...its better than losing that money in iraq, or spending it to ban gay marriage or any other craptacular way that the bush clan would spend it

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

poindexter- take a read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_Decade_ (Japan) there's your precedent for how gubmint stimulants work.  10 years of them.  and they didn't work.  that's what i'm talking about.  not keynsian bong hits in a college classroom.  read it, dimwit and if you can't see the "free corporate lending" in japan being interchanged for "wild whorehouse mortgage lending authored by barney frank" then you're blind and nothing can help you. the lost decade is why a great many people who are involved in the real life and not idolatry of gov't are really scared about all of these great programs that are not sustainable other than printing money.  a whole country has been there and done that and it cost a decade of lost civilization in japan.  those who do not know the history are condemned to repeat it, and gleefully at that for you, my smooth brained comrade
    Posted by aciemvp

and who do you think has a healthier respect for the history of this country? democrats or republicans...because if you think its the red elephant, then you sir, are nuts

or should we look at the texans trying to re-write history through new textbooks

or bush attacking the middle east...that worked out well eh? or sarah palin and her wonderful world of knowledge in all things history?

or that most historians in this country are liberals? do you think that is a coincidence?

also when i see comrade directed at a liberal minded person...are you really inferring that liberals are commies? really?....really?

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

i for one believe that both of these hack kneed parties are driving the country into the drain at a break neck pace.  because they are standing for...... nothing.  that is nothing other than corruption.  they are governing for the lobbyists by the earmark and to heck with the people. 

neither party will take a stand on much of anything.  including a maniacal course of spending that is on a trajectory to net us 20 trillion bucks of debt.  there is no precedent for massive politician spending rescuing a country.

keynsian economics did not account for the level of cronyism and abject incompetence there is in politics today.  so what was an incredibly tenuous theory at best to begin the day becomes..... purely untenable.

the keynsian approach was to rescue the economy from crony capitalism, which still lives on and flourishes and takes no account of corruption in politics.  in a perfect theoretical world there is no hard evidence that keynes' crap would work.  in this current world of the good old boy ONE PARTY SYSTEM club. it cannot possibly work.

just take the "green economy" for instance.  there is no free market of ideas.  it has been politicized and crony-ized.  that is why GE is getting tens of billions in earmarks to go make stuff that nobody knows if it is good or not.  the crony gets paid and is told to go make products- nobody has any idea if they are good.  this is why the gov't should not be involved in spending massive amounts of $ in any sector. 

most of these dimwits in suits have never run their own business and only floated into the gov't as a quasi-welfare career state.  not good enough to make it in the real world, most of these politicians do get really good at lining their pockets and governing according to lobbyists and what gets them paid nicely under the tables. 

this is why until there are term limits and true reforms, the inept clowns will populate both parties of government and neither party will do anything to upset the apple cart (read: the illicit cash flow of lobby bribes).  it's just too good of a gig to blow the whistle, because you'd be blowing the whistle on yourself too.

anyone who brainlessly supports this current trajectory of our gov't, which is to sap the entire economy of all of the money and aggregate all of the power into a giant state is a comrade in the truest sense of the word and it doesn't matter what party you vote for. 

if you need any barometer to judge the credibility of our current gov't as a whole- they all just sat by when the EPA, at the ONE's mandate, declared CARBON a public hazard.  that's CARBON- every breath you take, every f@rt you make, every plant that dares grow.  everything in this world is carbon.

climate change is constant and instantaneous, it always happens.  it's like worrying yourself that you are going to have to go to sleep again at some point in your life.  it's just a FACT of life.  and who are we anyway to believe that we as persons can even CONTROL the environment from anything that IT wants to do- how self important! 

yet we have labelled climate change the enemy without having enough recorded history on record or NON PEVERTED (by gov't funding) scientists opining on the subject to know what we're talking about with ANY authority.  that is to say, when gov't extensively funds research in a given area, and the researchers know what answer to give in order to get MORE FUNDING, then that's the answer you will get.... big surprise, eh?  this is why gov't should stay OUT of science to a large degree. 

but it's a political cause- you see- and great powers can be seized, aggregated, bureaucracies built and then we can tax the people for breathing, driving, living longer and create a carbon ponzi racket out of it!  great idea and it's going to do wonders for the environment and economy.  surely it will!!

need any other examples on the maniacal statist trends we are headed for.  and NEITHER party is doing anything to stand up for the people's best interests.  and those best interests would be a NON-POLITICIZED view of the entire topic, one that is not perverted by tainted 'research', power mongering and the desire to tax, tax, tax the people and business to death to support unsustainable gov't programs and new bureaucracies being created.

can y'all name for me some wildly succesful and efficient gov't bureaucracies?  name me three please.  and to say that "the private sector failed" or "george bush" mumbo jumbo is not telling me about successful gov't bureaucracies.  stay on point.  thanks.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

without going on a point by point rant

let me just say this...corrupt politicians are nothing new in this country...they have been there from before the beginning and they will be there after the end

there are alot of things wrong with this world that people try to fix/help but the path to hell is paved with good intentions by both sides of the line

but what i will not stand for in the least bit is one side telling me that dissent is wrong...that im un-american for not wanting war even if it was a percieved war of justice

war is war and has been declared far too often on those who do not deserve it some of whom include the iraqi's, drug addicts, the poverty stricken and the like

margaret thatcher was once qouted on socialism that "the problem is, eventually you run out of other people's money"...well that same principle can be applied to the super rich who manipulated the free market until they killed it

so to wrap it up on politics on the celtics board...we are all in it together...hoping and waiting for obama to fail means you are hoping and waiting for america to fail...is that really the attitude you wish you have?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

but what i will not stand for in the least bit is one side telling me that dissent is wrong...that im un-american for not wanting war even if it was a percieved war of justice war is war and has been declared far too often on those who do not deserve it
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

i agree with you 1 trillion percent on everything you said.

there has always been corruption.  however, in this country, there has never been this much moral, fiscal, political corruption.  divorce over 50% in the name of personal selfishness.  financial markets ruined because of corporate / crony greed.  and politics has been ruined by political greed and professional incompetence / greed being more importance than taking the power lent to politicians by the voters as being a true honor and fiduciary duty.

to put it in a word, there is no HONOR left in this country right now.  think about it.  if there was honor then there would be no rumblings about planting a you know what at ground zero.  but here's what there is at ground zero instead of honor:

http://www.thenational.ae/article/20081029/BUSINESS/302158245/1005

a mayor who wants to expand his business overseas in a far away land and is embracing something that has nothing to do with honoring our dead and everything to do with lining his pockets.

to dissent with this war is in no way un-american.   at this point, it is more transparent than ever that this war is droning on and on for many many reasons other than the stated 'noble' reasons.  i believe it was eisenhower who said to be very very wary of the industrial/military complex?  well look at us now.  if this war isn't signicantly about greasing that machine then i don't know what it's about.

the man at the top changed yet halliburton is still getting their palms greased just the same as ever before- over 20 bucks gets charged to the gubmint for EVERY soldier meal- and i've heard they aren't that tasty either?  what happened to the days of the cook?  it got subbed out to the industrial-military complex!!!  it's all about connections, back room deals, cronies.  and the criminal element of it is that the lives of our young and most patriotic people are being put into jeopardy for this war of dubious real intent and purpose.

some say it's a war for the oil pipeline that runs in the north of afghanistan.  others say we have taken over the poppy crop.  i sure hope we haven't.  others have said that it's about the mineral resources underground in afghanistan.  and others revert to the corruption of the military-industrial complex.  perhaps some mixture of all of these intents is the true reason we are at war.  and none of them are good reasons and they are ALL well worth questioning!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

i agree with everything you just said...its a problem for both sides...and a very tough one because being greedy in this country is too often rewarded...and we wonder why it gets worse every generation?

basically what i want is for people to get off the internet(ironic eh?), stop watching tv news, stop watching MTV and all the reality shows and go out and have their own lives...not have dictated to them what is and isnt important...kids getting plastic surgery to be in pageant shows and the like

it needs to stop and NOW

alot of people believe in peace through strength but i believe in peace through unilateral strength...its alot tougher to be an a-ho.le of a country if the rest of the world is condemned your actions constantly...i can only imagine the internal strife in iran at this very moment...and if they continue with their shenanigans...then we with the help of the world remove the leadership because the vast majority of iranians are pro-america and would welcome democracy unlike alot of the rest of the middle east

and we need to get back to making the rest of the world pro-america too...we just have to be more honest about our faults than we were since WW 2 or else it will blow up in our face again

Sections
Shortcuts