Slim pickings

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Slim pickings

No, not the character from Blazing Saddles, but this:

http://hoopshype.com/free_agency.htm

Of course, AK47 would be perfect, but we cannot afford him.  Other names on this list that intrigue me are Redd, Bogans (backup RA), Powe and Pryzbilla.  After watching us play 4 on 5 last night ( imagine zero points for you center against a team with NO center!!), another name intrigues me - Dwayne Jones.  At least he would rebound and play D.  He is not a rookie, but a vet we once had, who would probably jump at the chance to get back in the league.  Once JON goes down, which we know he will, we will need someone to eat up the mins at the 5.  Anyone know anything about this guy as to why we shouldn't look at him.  (other than the obvious, "he's still out there.)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Re: Slim pickings

Should we at least take a look at the guy on the bench from the d league and see what he can do with the starters?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Slim pickings:
    [QUOTE]Should we at least take a look at the guy on the bench from the d league and see what he can do with the starters?
    Posted by maryngary[/QUOTE]

Yes, I'm staying when JON inevitably breaks down!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I had higher expectation from Jon before the season started.  He has played a little defense what little time he has been on the floor. I liked Jones when we had him. We don't have to have a scorer from the center position but someone who swats shots and rebounds and runs the floor.  (kind of like when Steamer was running the floor in exhibition)  Of course Steamer can play some defense or he wouldn't have been defensive player of the year in the D league.  Sure wish we could give him some time with the starters.  Last year we gave Irdan (?) minutes with the staters and he player pretty good.    "Wasting away at margaritaville"

Sections
Shortcuts