Slippery Sam's Forum

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Re: Slippery Sam's Forum

Sam is a great guy. There have been a lot of really good knowledgeable people who have come and gone on this board. It is unfortunate that those Laker trolls who have very little knowledge about the game ruined what was once a great forum for basketball enthusiast. The only reason why I have not joined Sam's Club is because I prefer to remain nameless. Perhaps someday...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

In Response to Re: Slippery Sam's Forum:
    Sam is a great guy. There have been a lot of really good knowledgeable people who have come and gone on this board. It is unfortunate that those Laker trolls who have very little knowledge about the game ruined what was once a great forum for basketball enthusiast. The only reason why I have not joined Sam's Club is because I prefer to remain nameless. Perhaps someday...
    Posted by guyfromtex

I don't mind the laker trolls 'cause it does not bother me at all.
    The stupids azz kid that ruined this forum is the brain dead unsensitive
    FIERCE!!
    YellYellThe forum is history because of this azz.
    FIERCE IS THE MAGNET OF LAKER TROLLS. IF YOU GET RID OF THIS AZZ, THINGS WILL GET TO NORMAL.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Posted by guyfromtex

Made anymore priceless comments about 15yo kids getting killed in traffic accidents? I see that post of yours got deleted almost immediately. Pity the mods couldn't do the same to you troll!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Slippery Sam's Forum : It's not running.  He created a competing site with its own benefits I think some of the trolls are Boston.com staff who probably worry that Sam and Bob knew more basketball than they do.  Some of what Sam and Bob said was infinitely better than any reporting on this site - the only thing comparable is CelticsHub I don't blame Sam for leaving.  Sure his site might be too strict, but half of a board shouldn't be mindless insults and flimsy "arguments" unfounded by fact, particularly when initiated by the kinds of cowards you call out (you know, the Lakers trolls who never show up after they lose, fling a mindless comment, and don't come back to back it up).  Better to get rid of them completely - that type of hit-and-run b*llsh*t has no place in a legitimate discussion. I'll talk all day with RUWorthy not because she picked some cute picture for her avatar but because she's willing to have an intelligent conversation. But there should be no freedom to be stupid.
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188

I agree.  She is a classy lady and a student of the game.  She knows we both have great organizations and traditions.  She is a fan of the lakers without demeaning the Celtics.............very rare qualities around here indeed!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Sam has created a community of like minded people, many of whom have apparently grown to be friends -- very positive indeed. Reading the posts above it should be obvious the negatives they left behind.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SlipperySam. Show SlipperySam's posts

Seems like a good time to say hello to friends on this board.  Personally, I think no single message board is equipped to meet everyone's needs.  Some people like things a little more spicy, maybe evenly prickly.  Others are in it mainly for content.  And there are those who seek contentiousness and controversy. 

We've found that there is a segment of people who can agree and disagree all over the place, but pretty much within the context of a common respect for one another.  We do not censor people's opinions; in fact, we encourage members to express their diverse opinions freely.  Problems usually happen not because because of differences of opinions but because of how those opinions are expressed.  We prefer to see opinions supported by facts rather than by name-calling, baiting, and taunting.  We think there's a double benefit: (1) it really upgrades the level of basketball knowledge and (2) it creates a most welcome community of spirit.

We realize that there are loads of basketball fans who don't agree with us, and we wish them well wherever they choose to go.  And we're certainly far from perfect, as our human tendencies sometimes put us over the edge in terms of mutual respect.  That's when we try to moderate with a sense of firmness but also common sense and respect for individual differences.  Much more often than not, it seems to work out pretty well.

We also encourage members to deviate from basketball whenever they feel like it.  In fact, we have special forums set up to encourage thoughts on everything from recommendations to life in general.  The only two topics we discourage are religion and politics, because those two just seem to be open invitations for trouble.

For the past few months (and expecially since the Celtics got waxed), much of our focus has been on a poster named Jeb (some of you may recall him), who has always been a folksy, happy-to-lucky guy who, when he sensed tenseness on the board, was predisposed to writing non-sequitors such as, "I can eat 50 eggs."  He has always been one of the most positive influences on the conviviality we prize so much on our board.  I believe he's around age 45, and he's particularly close to his wife of only five years.

A few months ago, Jeb was diagnosed with cancer of the pancreas.  He talked about it very openly, not complaining but obviously glad to be able to discuss the situation with people who could express their genuine concern and support without patronizing him.  It took quite a bit of chemo to get the tumor to the point where they'd operate on it.  And, when they did, they found the cancer had spread, and they just closed him back up.

So Jeb's road became a more serious one and a more "telescoped" one.  And, among all the support he has received from the board, some rather amazing things happened.  For example, I'm sure many of you remember Greenkiller.  I received an email from Greenkiller, expressing huge remorse for all the grief he had caused us over the years, and he said Jeb's experience with all of us helped him develop a new perspective on life.  He actually wrote twice, and the sincerity in his message was obvious.

I asked Greenkiller if it would be okay to share his comments with others on the board.  And, yes, there were some doubters about his sincerity.  But that turnabout on Greenkiller's part meant as much to Jeb as all the other support he had received from the board.  It's going to be one of the highlights Jeb takes with him.

I wish I could end the story by telling you that a miracle occurred and Jeb's on the road to good health.  Unfortunately, that's not at all the case.  But this was just one little example of how the spirit of camaraderie on our board seems to have a place in the world.

As does the spirit you have on BDC.  It's different from ours, but it works for a lot of people, and that's the important thing.  You should know how many of our board members (including myself, from time to time) log on to BDC because we feel it helps us become more knowledgeable as Celtics fans.  I've always maintained surprisingly close ties with BDC and the people who run it.

I don't mean to imply we've turned into some sort of medical support group.  We're still as active in our basketball conversation as it's possible to be when there's a lockout.  It's just an extra dimention that's been added to our basketball interest to discover that we're pretty interested in one another too.

And there's really no particular point to what I'm saying.  This is simply a message congratulating so many of you for sticking with BDC and supporting it, because it really is a formidable place.

I wish you all the best.

SlipperySam

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Great post Sam....just like the old days....when I joined your forum recently, one of the first things I saw was your tribute to Jeb....I didn't know what is was based on at first...but now I know the story....and a great story it is.....thanks for posting again pal....I'll see you on the other side....I remain a staple here as well....just won't be posting quite as often....you are right when you say that there are a lot of great people posting over here....I am blown away by Greenkillers turnaround....very nice indeed!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

We all wish Jeb well, Sam.

Pud

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

Seems like a good time to say hello to friends on this board.  Personally, I think no single message board is equipped to meet everyone's needs.  Some people like things a little more spicy, maybe evenly prickly.  Others are in it mainly for content.  And there are those who seek contentiousness and controversy.  We've found that there is a segment of people who can agree and disagree all over the place, but pretty much within the context of a common respect for one another.  We do not censor people's opinions; in fact, we encourage members to express their diverse opinions freely.  Problems usually happen not because because of differences of opinions but because of how those opinions are expressed.  We prefer to see opinions supported by facts rather than by name-calling, baiting, and taunting.  We think there's a double benefit: (1) it really upgrades the level of basketball knowledge and (2) it creates a most welcome community of spirit. We realize that there are loads of basketball fans who don't agree with us, and we wish them well wherever they choose to go.  And we're certainly far from perfect, as our human tendencies sometimes put us over the edge in terms of mutual respect.  That's when we try to moderate with a sense of firmness but also common sense and respect for individual differences.  Much more often than not, it seems to work out pretty well. We also encourage members to deviate from basketball whenever they feel like it.  In fact, we have special forums set up to encourage thoughts on everything from recommendations to life in general.  The only two topics we discourage are religion and politics, because those two just seem to be open invitations for trouble. For the past few months (and expecially since the Celtics got waxed), much of our focus has been on a poster named Jeb (some of you may recall him), who has always been a folksy, happy-to-lucky guy who, when he sensed tenseness on the board, was predisposed to writing non-sequitors such as, "I can eat 50 eggs."  He has always been one of the most positive influences on the conviviality we prize so much on our board.  I believe he's around age 45, and he's particularly close to his wife of only five years. A few months ago, Jeb was diagnosed with cancer of the pancreas.  He talked about it very openly, not complaining but obviously glad to be able to discuss the situation with people who could express their genuine concern and support without patronizing him.  It took quite a bit of chemo to get the tumor to the point where they'd operate on it.  And, when they did, they found the cancer had spread, and they just closed him back up. So Jeb's road became a more serious one and a more "telescoped" one.  And, among all the support he has received from the board, some rather amazing things happened.  For example, I'm sure many of you remember Greenkiller.  I received an email from Greenkiller, expressing huge remorse for all the grief he had caused us over the years, and he said Jeb's experience with all of us helped him develop a new perspective on life.  He actually wrote twice, and the sincerity in his message was obvious. I asked Greenkiller if it would be okay to share his comments with others on the board.  And, yes, there were some doubters about his sincerity.  But that turnabout on Greenkiller's part meant as much to Jeb as all the other support he had received from the board.  It's going to be one of the highlights Jeb takes with him. I wish I could end the story by telling you that a miracle occurred and Jeb's on the road to good health.  Unfortunately, that's not at all the case.  But this was just one little example of how the spirit of camaraderie on our board seems to have a place in the world. As does the spirit you have on BDC.  It's different from ours, but it works for a lot of people, and that's the important thing.  You should know how many of our board members (including myself, from time to time) log on to BDC because we feel it helps us become more knowledgeable as Celtics fans.  I've always maintained surprisingly close ties with BDC and the people who run it. I don't mean to imply we've turned into some sort of medical support group.  We're still as active in our basketball conversation as it's possible to be when there's a lockout.  It's just an extra dimention that's been added to our basketball interest to discover that we're pretty interested in one another too. And there's really no particular point to what I'm saying.  This is simply a message congratulating so many of you for sticking with BDC and supporting it, because it really is a formidable place. I wish you all the best. SlipperySam
    Posted by SlipperySam

Since you seem so well liked by Celtic fans so much, you might try to suggest to them that it goes both ways. When I first came to this site I had no intention of being nasty and obnoxious, but after reading one nasty name-calling post after post and referring to Lakers players as rapist and kome and  Buss as a pervert, well there went my desire to be nice, and frankly I joined the crowd. I don't mind a homie rooting for their own club but there is no need to demean and belittle others. And there certainly is no need to be twisting statistics to favor the Celtics. And frankly again, the attitude that I encountered here was the attitude that I remember from the likes of Johnny Most and Red himself, which was just totally unprofessional and derisive towards others. And now you have the same thing from the obnoxious Tom Heinsohn. I quess being obnoxious runs in the Celtic family. But that gives you an idea why this site draws Laker trolls. As I have posted several times here, you reap what you sow. I replied here because everyone seems to think you left because of the trolls, but I don't recollect ever reading anything from you trying to pipe down the instigators of those trolls, you seem to have taken on the victim role rather than seeing the causes that provoked the trolls in the first place.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

jeb has a cat named maxine. i'm going to name my next cat maxine because it's a terrific cat name and because jeb is a terrific cat.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

I stopped reading & posting to BDC since the tsunami devastation in Japan. I will never forget this guy Fierce who made fun of the Tsunami that devastated my place. I joined the fund raising and made the right decision. I was happy to help and accomplished something for those who were affected.

BDC were doing fine but not great since Sam & co. left. It's now a total collapsed forum since a bunch of guys like FIERCE-ONE ON ONE & BIAS who dominated the posting of non sense topics, trades stupid suggestions, fighting, beckering and calling names. This guys became the Mr. know it all at this forum. They are the magnet of trolls.

Nice to hear from SAM

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Avenger........two points....first this is a Celtic board and we are speaking as friends talking about the team we love....when we suddenly are invaded by Laker fans trying to instigate fights over whose team is better....well, how would you react?

secondly.........why not go back to the attitude you had coming in? ....we are not all A-holes here....I have had some great discussions with the likes of Worthy, jofc, and Elias to name only a few....some of the kids call me a jerk, an old man, and worse...and I take that with a grain of salt because I see nation32 and koberulz as kids trying to stir things up....some of the trolls are pretty pathetic and transparent....you and I have had our debates....but I would rather they be civil...believe it or not, I don't enjoy getting pissed off at other posters....

I would welcome an open dialogue on this board with anyone who would like to share their thoughts....will I accept the notion that the Lakers are the greatest franchise in league history....no...at least not with Boston's head to head record....will I accept that the Lakers have been more relevant over the last several decades...absolutely...I have already expressed that.....do I think that the Celtic championships of the '60's are irrelevant....not at all....just as the Yankees championships (a team I despise) are relevant even though so many came before any black man played in MLB

in short......I am basically a reasonable man....why not do as I (try) to do?.....tune out the trolls and enjoy some healthy discussions....we can co-exist very nicely man....what do you say....?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

As you can see Sam, we still have "visitors" trying to dictate the rules to us.  It gets tiresome after a while.  I joined the forum a few years ago when I moved out to CA.  There are just too many lakers fans out here for me (not saying it's unwarranted, it IS LA, after all).  I wanted to talk Celtics basketball with other fans.  I was unable to watch the games.  I have a package now, so I watch more of the games, but I still like to get other people's perspectives.  What annoys me are the people who butt into other's conversations, and try to make the lakers the focal point of the thread.  Look, we all know how good the lakers are as an organization.  We all know how good Bryant is - but we want to talk about OUR team.  Most of the trolls, including your personal favorite, martini, have left.  But others remain.  They seem to have the rules of civil discourse backwards.  When one visits another website, one must show respect for the discussion that exists.  One should not try to steer the conversation the way you want it to go.  I'm sure we can all take a LITTLE good -natured ribbing, but when it gets personal......that is over the line!
    Ignoring seems to work best, but I still report those that I think are out of bounds.  Will you be there for the Russ statue?  I wish I could make it - take a picture for me.  Wishing you all the best with your new forum, Sam!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

nicely put my friend!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Seems like a good time to say hello to friends on this board.  Personally, I think no single message board is equipped to meet everyone's needs.  Some people like things a little more spicy, maybe evenly prickly.  Others are in it mainly for content.  And there are those who seek contentiousness and controversy.  We've found that there is a segment of people who can agree and disagree all over the place, but pretty much within the context of a common respect for one another.  We do not censor people's opinions; in fact, we encourage members to express their diverse opinions freely.  Problems usually happen not because because of differences of opinions but because of how those opinions are expressed.  We prefer to see opinions supported by facts rather than by name-calling, baiting, and taunting.  We think there's a double benefit: (1) it really upgrades the level of basketball knowledge and (2) it creates a most welcome community of spirit. We realize that there are loads of basketball fans who don't agree with us, and we wish them well wherever they choose to go.  And we're certainly far from perfect, as our human tendencies sometimes put us over the edge in terms of mutual respect.  That's when we try to moderate with a sense of firmness but also common sense and respect for individual differences.  Much more often than not, it seems to work out pretty well. We also encourage members to deviate from basketball whenever they feel like it.  In fact, we have special forums set up to encourage thoughts on everything from recommendations to life in general.  The only two topics we discourage are religion and politics, because those two just seem to be open invitations for trouble. For the past few months (and expecially since the Celtics got waxed), much of our focus has been on a poster named Jeb (some of you may recall him), who has always been a folksy, happy-to-lucky guy who, when he sensed tenseness on the board, was predisposed to writing non-sequitors such as, "I can eat 50 eggs."  He has always been one of the most positive influences on the conviviality we prize so much on our board.  I believe he's around age 45, and he's particularly close to his wife of only five years. A few months ago, Jeb was diagnosed with cancer of the pancreas.  He talked about it very openly, not complaining but obviously glad to be able to discuss the situation with people who could express their genuine concern and support without patronizing him.  It took quite a bit of chemo to get the tumor to the point where they'd operate on it.  And, when they did, they found the cancer had spread, and they just closed him back up. So Jeb's road became a more serious one and a more "telescoped" one.  And, among all the support he has received from the board, some rather amazing things happened.  For example, I'm sure many of you remember Greenkiller.  I received an email from Greenkiller, expressing huge remorse for all the grief he had caused us over the years, and he said Jeb's experience with all of us helped him develop a new perspective on life.  He actually wrote twice, and the sincerity in his message was obvious. I asked Greenkiller if it would be okay to share his comments with others on the board.  And, yes, there were some doubters about his sincerity.  But that turnabout on Greenkiller's part meant as much to Jeb as all the other support he had received from the board.  It's going to be one of the highlights Jeb takes with him. I wish I could end the story by telling you that a miracle occurred and Jeb's on the road to good health.  Unfortunately, that's not at all the case.  But this was just one little example of how the spirit of camaraderie on our board seems to have a place in the world. As does the spirit you have on BDC.  It's different from ours, but it works for a lot of people, and that's the important thing.  You should know how many of our board members (including myself, from time to time) log on to BDC because we feel it helps us become more knowledgeable as Celtics fans.  I've always maintained surprisingly close ties with BDC and the people who run it. I don't mean to imply we've turned into some sort of medical support group.  We're still as active in our basketball conversation as it's possible to be when there's a lockout.  It's just an extra dimention that's been added to our basketball interest to discover that we're pretty interested in one another too. And there's really no particular point to what I'm saying.  This is simply a message congratulating so many of you for sticking with BDC and supporting it, because it really is a formidable place. I wish you all the best. SlipperySam
    Posted by SlipperySam

Sam great post!!

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Posted by SlipperySam

Greenkiller was never that bad anyway.  He dished it out and he took it.  Again none of this is a big deal.  It's a Celtics board, it's free and people from all over the world have the opportunity to post on it.  What else would you want?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

We still love ya, Fierce......except when you are fighting with Antoine!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

That was really cool (Sam's classy post). I am impacted by the story of greenkiller's attitude change and of course Jeb's struggle with cancer. 

I checked out Sam's board and it looks great from what I see of it but I'm sticking it out here, though I find the Sox and Pats forums to be better in terms of good discussions with fans of other teams. Still, there are moments when this forum is worth hanging into, it can have a free spirited energy and some good basketball analysis. And sometimes folks who you thought were really negative or set in their prejudices will surprise you. I respect what Sam and friends are doing but I"m still hoping that we can make something of what we have here. 

As for this, "But that gives you an idea why this site draws Laker trolls."

Actually, no, I'm not clear on that at all. Why a Laker fan would seek out a Celtics forum in the first place baffles me. If I went to a Laker forum, I would expect a number of harsh comments about the Celtics there, it's a heated rivalry. Because some Celts fans on this forum might be cruel in their comments is no justification to become a mean-spirited troll. You can rise above it and you'll find that most of us will meet you there. If you don't bash the Celts, if others bash you I'm sure other Celts fans will back you. Using bad behavior as an excuse to behave like a jerk yourself doesn't wash. I see this with a couple trolls in the Pats forum - they go in there pretending to be all nice but as soon as one homer fan crosses then line, that's it - they go into full on attack mode. There's no reason this forum should attract Laker trolls, why should they be here in the first place? Stay for respectful basketball discussion otherwise, you're choosing to be a troll. No one is forcing your hand. I've never gone into a Lakers forum and mocked a Laker fan in my life. I'm sure there's one trashing the Celts cruelly right now. P.S. if you're serious about being a good citizen here, go choose a different screen name than lakersavenger which makes it quite clear you're here with a chip on your shoulder to settle scores. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SlipperySam. Show SlipperySam's posts

Red16-Russ11

For a while, I felt strange about Russ getting a statue.  Not that I think he doesn't deserve one; of course it's warranted.  It's just that Russ has always given so much credit to his teammates that I almost had the feeling he'd be uncomfortable unless the statue included some of them.

But then I reminded myself that the statue isn't mainly for winning.  A major part of it involves what he stood for as a man who withstood a huge amount of injustice with amazing dignity.  And a lot of that involved Russ and Russ alone.

To answer your question, I hope to be there—schedule permitting.  I wish you could make it, and I hope you get to see it some day soon.

To those who remind us that there are two side to the so-called "troll" story, it's true that antagonism on either "side" just invites more antagonism.  I've had long private discussions with Lakers fans who are on our board, and they deserve tremendous credit for being willing to take on more than half of the work burden in order to be viewed as responsible, sincere visitors to another team's board.

I don't at all mean they had to compromise their opinions.

• But they did have to question their real motives for being on a Celtics board; and, if those motives were to rattle the chains of Celtics fans, they had to realize they had two choices: change or leave.

• They had to be more careful in how they worded things so they wouldn't appear to be creating or fanning flames.

• They had to recognize that it wasn't a level playing field; comments might sometimes sound different coming from them than coming from Celtics fans.
    • They had to be particularly sensitive to how their words sounded to Celtics fans on a Celtics board.

• Maybe they had to spend a little extra time explaining their motives in making a particular comment to make certain their motives would not be misconstrued.

On their part, Celtics fans also had to make some concessions.

• They had to reject the temptation to assume that everything written by a Lakers fan on a Celtics board is automatically an anti-Celtics slur.

• They had to accept the fact that Lakers fans can be very knowledgeable and can sincerely disagree with Celtics fans without deliberately trying to be antagonistic.

• Sometimes they had to give a Lakers fan the benefit of the doubt unless the Lakers fan proved to be unworthy of that trust.

• When a Lakers fan did appear to be trying hard to be a constructive member of the Forum, it was important to reinforce that person's efforts through return posts.

It did take a while, and a number of "false starts," but there now exists enough mutual trust so that sometimes one Lakers fan will admonish another Lakers fan or a Celtics fan will admonish another Celtics fan before things get out of hand.  That's a big help to moderators if it's done in ways that don't embarrass anyone.  In other words, use the private message feature to criticize rather than going public, which only heightens embarrassment and invites a nasty backlash.

Lakersavenger says to me, "I don't recollect ever reading anything from you trying to pipe down the instigators of those trolls."  Well, in the first place, Lakersavenger, you never saw nearly all of what I wrote on this forum.  Much of it was private, for reasons expressed above.  Second, I was not a moderator on this forum and didn't feel it was up to me to give out wholesale advice on how to act.

Speaking of moderating, the role of the moderating is another important factor in successfully integrating Lakers fans into a forum like this.  We believe in proactive moderating that doesn't simply whack people when they're already serious offenders.  When a moderator sees a potential problem looming, we feel it's important to nip it in the bud.  Usually a fairly low key warning, such as, "Just a little warning about not calling names" will do the job—preferably privately, but publicly if it's the only option, in light of how fast the problem is escalating.  Generally, if people know their actions are borderline and are being watched closely, they'll back off.  If they don't, we'll sometimes delete the offensive language and replace it with something that contains the same meaning but is less offensive; and we'll send a private message telling the culprit that we've done it and why.  Sterner measures, such as deleting an entire message or even threatening a ban, may follow, but fortunately they're not usually necessary.

One of the things that means a lot to members of our board is credibility.  They know that, if they act like doofusses, their credibility will plummet.  And, on a board that's very concerned with quality of content, credibility is important.

I don't want to appear to be preaching, but I like a lot of apparently frustrated people on this board, and I hope that sharing some ideas (with no ulterior motives) might be of help.  If not, at least I gave it a shot.

Take care,

SlipperySam

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kybested. Show kybested's posts

What's nice about Sam's board is you don't see crap like this:

GET UP .... GET UP ... I'M NOT DONE WITH YOU, YOU FRAUD, LIAR, PHONY, WEASEL, FAKER .... GET UP!!!!

Re: Johnson and Moore

posted at 6/27/2011 2:32 AM EDT
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=5969efe8ccb239af0914573e7f81edeb&plckUserId=5969efe8ccb239af0914573e7f81edeb">
    First: 7/8/2008
    Last: 7/23/2011

GET UP .... GET UP ... I'M NOT DONE WITH YOU, YOU FRAUD, LIAR, PHONY, WEASEL, FAKER .... GET UP!!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Thanks to both "Spanker" and Sam...........you guys nailed it.....I also cannot imagine going over to a Laker forum and getting into heated and childish debates....I'm sure that very soon, I would realize that my presence was not welcomed....and then to stay onboard and keep it up...?  ......it makes no sense to me...

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Slippery Sam's Forum : Since you seem so well liked by Celtic fans so much, you might try to suggest to them that it goes both ways. When I first came to this site I had no intention of being nasty and obnoxious, but after reading one nasty name-calling post after post and referring to Lakers players as rapist and kome and  Buss as a pervert, well there went my desire to be nice, and frankly I joined the crowd. I don't mind a homie rooting for their own club but there is no need to demean and belittle others. And there certainly is no need to be twisting statistics to favor the Celtics. And frankly again, the attitude that I encountered here was the attitude that I remember from the likes of Johnny Most and Red himself, which was just totally unprofessional and derisive towards others. And now you have the same thing from the obnoxious Tom Heinsohn. I quess being obnoxious runs in the Celtic family. But that gives you an idea why this site draws Laker trolls. As I have posted several times here, you reap what you sow. I replied here because everyone seems to think you left because of the trolls, but I don't recollect ever reading anything from you trying to pipe down the instigators of those trolls, you seem to have taken on the victim role rather than seeing the causes that provoked the trolls in the first place.
    Posted by lakersavenger

Anyone else see the humor and hypocrisy here, or is it just me?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Slippery Sam's Forum : Anyone else see the humor and hypocrisy here, or is it just me?
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

I agree with a lot of what avenger says. I don't agree with the attacks on Johnny Most and Heinsohn but the general mood of BDC has been and continues to be pretty intolerant of opposing views.

I actually think that Celtic goons are even more mean-spirited than most any of the Laker fans, no matter how obnoxious the Laker "trolls" tend to be.

To me, the Celtic "trolls" are worse... and certainly set the tone that brings down the level of discourse here.

Pud

Sections
Shortcuts