Slippery Sam's Forum

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Slippery Sam's Forum

...anyone have the link...?  ...always loved talking with Sam....I am looking to get out at this point... (will miss Worthy, jofc, and a few (many, others)....but I think I'm done here if I can find the alternative....it is an adult forum....very nice....anyone with the link......?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: Slippery Sam's Forum

In Response to Slippery Sam's Forum:
    [QUOTE]...anyone have the link...?  ...always loved talking with Sam....I am looking to get out at this point... (will miss Worthy, jofc, and a few (many, others)....but I think I'm done here if I can find the alternative....it is an adult forum....very nice....anyone with the link......?
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

Google it. It pops right up.

Pud

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

good call

the patriots board isn't bad, but this board has gone seriously downhill

SlipperySam and (Bob?) - I always learned something when I read their posts

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

Sam was a great poster. Greenkiller did him in. That guy got under everybody's skin. Glad he's gone at least. Miss Sam though. I always learned something I didn't know from his posts.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

http://samcelt.forumotion.net/t22-welcome-and-introduction-to-sam-s-celtics-forum

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Slippery Sam's Forum:
    [QUOTE]good call the patriots board isn't bad, but this board has gone seriously downhill SlipperySam and (Bob?) - I always learned something when I read their posts
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]

BobHeckler

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Slippery Sam's Forum : BobHeckler
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

BobHeckler was a legend to me.  You wear a helmet if you throw up weak stuff with him around or else he'd drop some serious knowledge on your skull.  I almost felt bad posting here because I knew that SlipperySam and BobHeckler knew so much more about basketball than I do.  Made me want to stick to football.

But some of the trolls now make me feel like I could win a Nobel

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RosalieTCeltics. Show RosalieTCeltics's posts

great place to talk intelligent basketball--everyone is respectful of each others opinions

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

[QUOTE]great place to talk intelligent basketball--everyone is respectful of each others opinions
    Posted by RosalieTCeltics[/QUOTE]

Never been to Sam's board but from what you're saying I guess there are no "disgruntled mployees" there. Laughing

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

Sam's forum is totally boring.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoahJustin. Show NoahJustin's posts

View Image  Yeah, Sam uses big words. No wonder your bored.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

There is not the diversity of thought (i.e., small tent, convergent thinking) at Sams compared to BDC... or the crazies either. CHECK 

Unlike BDC, mods do have strong opinions and are active. CHECK

High level discussions... CHECK

Convivial discussions... for the most part... CHECK

And Sam banned NickFaldo... simply for being NickFaldo. CHECKMATE!!!!

'nuff said!

Pud

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Thanks all for the links, info, etc.....I just registered....I'll keep an eye on this board since there are so many classy and knowledgeable posters from fans of many teams...the trolls are all on ignore...the only way I see their comments is when someone cuts & pastes to a response...Lakernation evidently is too young to understand how this works....anyway, I cordially ask any and all to take a look...the first 30 days is free....after that it cost's $15 per year if I'm not mistaken....take care guys & gals....Go Celtics!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickFaldo. Show NickFaldo's posts

[QUOTE]There is not the diversity of thought (i.e., small tent, convergent thinking) at Sams compared to BDC... or the crazies either. CHECK   Unlike BDC, mods do have strong opinions and are active. CHECK High level discussions... CHECK Convivial discussions... for the most part... CHECK And Sam banned NickFaldo... simply for being NickFaldo. CHECKMATE!!!! 'nuff said! Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

This ant-social sadist's cousin recentlly snapped in Norway. I guess in the big scheme of things, it's not so bad that it has ten usernames (including mployee8, RicoCeltic, kyceltic) and is trolling this board around the clock except for a few hours sleep. I don't care if it's from Kentucky, Georgia, or Arizona. I don't care if it was hit by agent orange or some other chemical, or whether it is bitter about being in a wheelchair or insane over something entirely different. I quit Sam's because he was charging a fee to post. This sadist quit, because the people there were being too nice to one another

I write extensive, informative, interesting posts. it simply trolls. It's messed in the head. It's got some form of wingnut mentality. It's the epitome of the Ugly American. This guy is the worst there is to offer about our country. He is the example of why things never get better in the world. He's one of the lowest forms there is. A respectable person would not talk with it or invite it into his or her home.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Slippery Sam's Forum : This ant-social sadist's cousin recentlly snapped in Norway. I guess in the big scheme of things, it's not so bad that it has ten usernames (including mployee8, RicoCeltic, kyceltic) and is trolling this board around the clock except for a few hours sleep. I don't care if it's from Kentucky, Georgia, or Arizona. I don't care if it was hit by agent orange or some other chemical, or whether it is bitter about being in a wheelchair or insane over something entirely different. I quit Sam's because he was charging a fee to post. This sadist quit, because the people there were being too nice to one another I write extensive, informative, interesting posts. it simply trolls. It's messed in the head. It's got some form of wingnut mentality. It's the epitome of the Ugly American. This guy is the worst there is to offer about our country. He is the example of why things never get better in the world. He's one of the lowest forms there is. A respectable person would not talk with it or invite it into his or her home.
    Posted by NickFaldo[/QUOTE]

Nick: Must you always be so negative?  ALWAYS!!!

You know darn well you could have applied for a scholarship at Sams if $$$ was such a BIG FREAKIN' DEAL.

Pud

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Sam is one of most knowledgable Celtics fans so his board doesn't suffer fools gladly - you know the type, factually-challenged.  It's a great place for Celtics discussions (and where two infantile jerks don't ruin every topic). No trolls need apply.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]Sam is one of most knowledgable Celtics fans so his board doesn't suffer fools gladly - you know the type, factually-challenged.  It's a great place for Celtics discussions (and where two infantile jerks don't ruin every topic). No trolls need apply.
    Posted by painter[/QUOTE]

it also endorses censorship. I pass.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Slippery Sam's Forum : it also endorses censorship. I pass.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

just like people don't have the "freedom" to yell "Fire" in a crowded theater, people shouldn't be free to sputter stupid, non-sensical insults

civil liberty has its limits

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Sams Club is certainly the polar opposite of wild/woolly BDC. Total idiots are not allowed by any stretch.

Snake.... its not censorship but there is pressure to conform... or at least to pull your punches on certain "sacred cow" topics. Many would find it a bit confining... but to each his/her own.

Something in the middle would be appealing to a lot more Celtic fans but it doesn't exist to my knowledge.

Pud

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Slippery Sam's Forum : just like people don't have the "freedom" to yell "Fire" in a crowded theater, people shouldn't be free to sputter stupid, non-sensical insults civil liberty has its limits
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]

I don't think you really get the free speech thing.  People actually do have the right to sputter stupid non sensical insults.  That is entirely different than yelling fire in a crowded theater.  I am not saying Sam's site doesn't have merit.  I am just saying I don't feel the need to go to another site just because two dudes are saying things like " the lakers are really cool and the Celtics stink".  Who cares?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]Sams Club is certainly the polar opposite of wild/woolly BDC. Total idiots are not allowed by any stretch. Snake.... its not censorship but there is pressure to conform... or at least to pull your punches on certain "sacred cow" topics. Many would find it a bit confining... but to each his/her own. Something in the middle would be appealing to a lot more Celtic fans but it doesn't exist to my knowledge. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

I agree.  I was on this board when Sam was king.  I have posted on and off on this board for years.  It certainly was more vibrant then but I mean if you can't handle a couple of trolls without turning tail and running...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Slippery Sam's Forum : I agree.  I was on this board when Sam was king.  I have posted on and off on this board for years.  It certainly was more vibrant then but I mean if you can't handle a couple of trolls without turning tail and running... I agree

Sam is still king. No question.

Its not the turning tail and running that bothers me. Its the endless cycle of ignoring.. then engaging... then complaining... then re-engaging.

The endless baiting and switching that goes on from both sides.

There is a whole lot to ignore in order to get to the good stuff... but stop complaining/whining/STFxU and enjoy it for what is offers... which is considerable.

Pud

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

I loved the welcome I got from one poster...."glad you found our troll free number"....just Priceless!!!  .....and there are a lot of long time posters I'm familiar with over there...including one of our favorites......Worthy.....who I have been told has made her usual positive impression....nice!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

[QUOTE]Thanks all for the links, info, etc.....I just registered....I'll keep an eye on this board since there are so many classy and knowledgeable posters from fans of many teams...the trolls are all on ignore...the only way I see their comments is when someone cuts & pastes to a response...Lakernation evidently is too young to understand how this works....anyway, I cordially ask any and all to take a look...the first 30 days is free....after that it cost's $15 per year if I'm not mistaken....take care guys & gals....Go Celtics!
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]
    and don't come back

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Slippery Sam's Forum : I agree.  I was on this board when Sam was king.  I have posted on and off on this board for years.  It certainly was more vibrant then but I mean if you can't handle a couple of trolls without turning tail and running...

It's not running.  He created a competing site with its own benefits

I think some of the trolls are Boston.com staff who probably worry that Sam and Bob knew more basketball than they do.  Some of what Sam and Bob said was infinitely better than any reporting on this site - the only thing comparable is CelticsHub

I don't blame Sam for leaving.  Sure his site might be too strict, but half of a board shouldn't be mindless insults and flimsy "arguments" unfounded by fact, particularly when initiated by the kinds of cowards you call out (you know, the Lakers trolls who never show up after they lose, fling a mindless comment, and don't come back to back it up).  Better to get rid of them completely - that type of hit-and-run b*llsh*t has no place in a legitimate discussion.

I'll talk all day with RUWorthy not because she picked some cute picture for her avatar but because she's willing to have an intelligent conversation.

But there should be no freedom to be stupid.

Sections
Shortcuts